• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Pokemon Home

Do you all think we'll be able to bring our power construct Zygardes & 10% Zygardes over to SwSh?

I don't see any reason why we wouldn't. We know that Zygarde is being added in the Crown Tundra DLC, and as far as its forms go, if they didn't want to shove a contrived research lab in there somewhere, then all they'd need to do is change up the functionality of the Zygarde Cube to handle both the form conversion and the move teaching.

Personally, the only (non-Mega) forms that I'm not so sure will be carried over are the Totem-sized Pokémon I mentioned elsewhere, Ash-Greninja (I imagine he will be since Capikachu was, but I have a seed of doubt), and Ultra Necrozma (since it's tied to a Z-Crystal).

Last edited:
Where does it say that? And that’s still have to 30$ you have to pay?
It's also mentioned on the official site that certain Pokemon that already have Gigantamax Forms can be trained to do so.

Also, say that the legendary birds are as Persserka is compared to Persian? Here are some names that might make some sense

Cycuno (Cyclone), Hurridos (Hurricane) and Tytres (Typhoon)

Or something along those lines of different names.

Last edited:
It's also mentioned on the official site that certain Pokemon that already have Gigantamax Forms can be trained to do so.

Also, say that the legendary birds are as Persserka is compared to Persian? Here are some names that might make some sense

Cycuno (Cyclone), Hurridos (Hurricane) and Tytres (Typhoon)

Or something along those lines of different names.
Well, I’ll believe it when I see it.

Here's what the site says: "It seems that The Isle of Armor expansion will allow you to help some of the Pokémon traveling with you gain the ability to Gigantamax. This has led to the discovery of the Gigantamax forms for Rillaboom, Cinderace, and Inteleon, the Evolutions of the three Pokémon you choose from for your first partner Pokémon in the Galar region."

"Some" implies "not all" and it's possible that it only pertains to the starters. They handed Charizard on a silver platter, so this is just an extension of that for other starters. But Gigantamax as a whole?

Here's what the site says: "It seems that The Isle of Armor expansion will allow you to help some of the Pokémon traveling with you gain the ability to Gigantamax. This has led to the discovery of the Gigantamax forms for Rillaboom, Cinderace, and Inteleon, the Evolutions of the three Pokémon you choose from for your first partner Pokémon in the Galar region."

"Some" implies "not all" and it's possible that it only pertains to the starters. They handed Charizard on a silver platter, so this is just an extension of that for other starters. But Gigantamax as a whole?
''Some'' could be pointing towards Pokemon that can Gigantamax. Why else is there these Dynamax Candies and the Dynamax lever of each Pokemon. Perhaps it's by this method that it can be used to make certain Pokemon Gigantamax.

''Some'' could be pointing towards Pokemon that can Gigantamax. Why else is there these Dynamax Candies and the Dynamax lever of each Pokemon. Perhaps it's by this method that it can be used to make certain Pokemon Gigantamax.
Huh? We already know what Dynamax Candies and levels do. They increase the multiplier for your Pokémon’s HP when it Dyna/Gigantamaxes.

I mean, not all Pokemon can Gigantamax at all, so it wouldn't make sense to say "the Isle of Armor lets all your Pokemon Gigantamax".
Fair enough, but they could have said "there is now a way to unlock Gigantamax for any Pokemon with the potential to do do, even newcomers such as the fully evolved Galar starters."

I think it's probably best to assume only Starters and maybe some special Pokémon will be gigantamax trainable to save disappointed later.

It would be so much better if you could train any Gigantamaxable Pokémon to gigantamax but then it would reduce the interest in raids.

no need, because in the Isle of Armor, you can make any Pikachu and Eevee Gigantamax.
Some, and perhaps, so speculation and not the fact your throwing it out like.

I think it's probably best to assume only Starters and maybe some special Pokémon will be gigantamax trainable to save disappointed later.

It would be so much better if you could train any Gigantamaxable Pokémon to gigantamax but then it would reduce the interest in raids.
I wouldn't say only the starters and event raids, but I do think that the list of Pokémon that might be able to gain Gigantamax through the Isle of Armor will have a limit. Here's what I'm expecting that list to be:
  • Galar and Kanto starters
  • Alcremie
  • Machamp (in Sword) or Gengar (in Shield)
  • Hatterene (Under the assumption Bede didn't replace his original Hatenna from Chairman Rose)
  • Duraludon
  • Garbodor
  • Melmetal
  • Urshifu
  • Other possible new Gigantamax forms that can't already be found in Max Raids, perhaps with Galarian Slowbro and/or Galarian Slowking joining that roster

I've just thought of something else about Home that really annoys me: The fact that it further incentivizes the annual release cycle of games/dlc.

Even after all of the Pokemon are added to at least one game, there will be people who want to use their Pokemon as often as possible. More games means more chances to use your favorites so these people would most likely be appreciative that new games are coming out each year.

Considering how likely the annual release cycle fed into the rushed nature of games during the 3DS era and Switch era (eventually culminating into Dexit itself), this possible revelation is pretty disheartening.

Honestly, I would like if any Pokemon who doesn't have a Gigantamaxed form but others of its species has to be able to obtain the Gigantamaxed form through the trial. You can only use Giagantamax Pokemon in Max Raid battles and in Gym battles anyway, so it won't mess with the single-player balance anyway.

Even after all of the Pokemon are added to at least one game, there will be people who want to use their Pokemon as often as possible. More games means more chances to use your favorites so these people would most likely be appreciative that new games are coming out each year.
How would this be any different if Home didn’t exist, though? “More games means more chances to use your favorites” has always been true. The games don’t need to have yearly releases for you to be able to use your favorites in them, either.

Also, I wonder if the Eternamax form of Eternatus could be obtained through the trial. Of course, the stats will be severely nerfed so players can use it. It will be easy to explain as well, seeing how Eternatus would only absorb the energy from your own Wishing Star and not any other. It would essentially be a Gigantamax form for Eternatus.

Wait ,what trial?? ,did I miss something or is it just speculation?
I think there was mention of Mustard putting the player through a test of some sort. Maybe that's what everyone is referencing?
Rillaboom, Cinderace, and Inteleon can gain their Gmax form in the Isle of Armor. There's speculation that whatever process that will allow the Galar starters to Gmax will be applicable to other Pokemon that are capable of Gigantamaxing, i.e. you can obtain Gmax Pokemon without having to fight in raids.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom