• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Pokemon Home

Can the mobile and Switch versions work independently from one another or is it recommended to have both?

If you want to use the GTS and do trading and stuff, you absolutely need the mobile version because those features are not offered on the Switch app. And if you want to send any of your Pokémon into Sword & Shield, then you're going to need the Switch version. You'd be pretty limited in what you could do if you just stuck to one platform or the other.

Last edited:
Yeah my guess is that all the legends and starters (except maybe the Alolan starters) that were already in SwSh’s base code will be included in the 200 total for the expansion passes since they were focal points in the trailers. Mythicals likely won’t be.

With HOME, it became possible to obtain the DNA Splicers, N-Solarizer, and N-Lunarizer at Stow-on-Side. What other old items are now unlocked thanks to this and where can they be found from?

None of the other Pokémon that gained entry into Sword & Shield with the release of Home have corresponding items like that, so, the answer would be none. Additionally, since Mega Evolution isn't in the game, there's no Mewtwonite for Mewtwo, and the lack of Z-Moves removes the need for the special Z-Crystals that would be used by Capped Pikachu, Alolan Raichu, Mew, Decidueye, Incineroar, Primarina, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, and Marshadow.

I'm going to assume that the other items can be obtained from the same NPC at Stow-on-Side, they are just not available yet.

I'm going to assume that the other items can be obtained from the same NPC at Stow-on-Side, they are just not available yet.

These games have been datamined up and down (and we've known that you would get the Splicers/Necrozmarizers in Stow-on-Side since that happened); there's no other flags for special key/held items because no other Pokémon with any are coded into the game to begin with. So they just didn't both to program any event flags for them either. Obviously they could change that with a software patch, but for now, we've seen what there is to see.

Note: This isn’t a joke at all... seriously.

This gif was in the assets folder of Pokemon Home.
8i9uw6c9xeg41.gif

Reddit thread

Everyone, we finally found the high quality animations!
Me yesterday: I wish TPC would remove the unused items from their games before release

Me now: I wish TPC would remove the strange dancing GIFs they use to test functionality from their games before release

The Alolan starters are actually in the base code, as I have seen someone using a Decidueye during a Max Raid battle.
Right, I know, I was questioning the thought that they might count as part of the 200 added Pokémon in the expansion pass since they were not featured in the trailer unlike the remaining Kanto starters.

None of the other Pokémon that gained entry into Sword & Shield with the release of Home have corresponding items like that, so, the answer would be none. Additionally, since Mega Evolution isn't in the game, there's no Mewtwonite for Mewtwo, and the lack of Z-Moves removes the need for the special Z-Crystals that would be used by Capped Pikachu, Alolan Raichu, Mew, Decidueye, Incineroar, Primarina, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, and Marshadow.
Yeah. After making that post, I realized that myself too.

Now I'm just wondering what's the purpose for the Band Autograph.

How do you access the mobile version on android? I was looking in the play store but I don't see an app for Home.

Trade evolutions don't trigger in HOME when using the Wonder Box, Room Trade, Friend Trade, or GTS. I just tested this by throwing three Shelmet into the GTS for Karrablast; not one Karrablast evolved into Escavalier.

How do you access the mobile version on android? I was looking in the play store but I don't see an app for Home.
I've had the same issue, and had to use the PC store to download HOME onto my android. It's probably a glitch right now.

I had the same issue at first, what you'll need to do is go onto your mobile browser and google it, and follow the "Download on the Google Play Store" button, which will redirect you to the App store so you can download it.

Still not sure why it's so hard to find atm.

I managed to find the app on the play store by searching Pokémon then clicking on The Pokémon Company on one of the other apps to show all their apps and there it was.

Trade evolutions don't trigger in HOME when using the Wonder Box, Room Trade, Friend Trade, or GTS. I just tested this by throwing three Shelmet into the GTS for Karrablast; not one Karrablast evolved into Escavalier.
It's probably a bug at the moment.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom