• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Pokemon Home

I noticed last night that I can transfer Pokémon from LGE to SwSh without even having my physical copy anymore (had to sell it I was broke lmao). I don't know why it slipped my mind initially because I'm aware the save data is stored on the Switch itself.

The only bummer with that though was that I have a Shiny Ponyta and Krabby that I caught in LGE but they're still in my party so I can't move them over :( I'll have to wait until I get it back to move those ones.

Also pleasantly surprised by the speed of Home, much much better than Bank, it became so tedious when moving a lot of Pokémon over. I have a basic plan right now, but will buy premium at some point in the next few weeks.

Also, does anyone know if Alolan & Kanto starters are popular on Surprise trade at the minute? At work right now and haven't had the chance to try a Surprise trade since the release of Home. Am looking to get the starters before I purchase premium for now to train some.

Thanks for the help, though now I have a different problem.

The app keeps freezing for me on the language selection screen....

I noticed last night that I can transfer Pokémon from LGE to SwSh without even having my physical copy anymore (had to sell it I was broke lmao). I don't know why it slipped my mind initially because I'm aware the save data is stored on the Switch itself.

The only bummer with that though was that I have a Shiny Ponyta and Krabby that I caught in LGE but they're still in my party so I can't move them over :( I'll have to wait until I get it back to move those ones.

Also pleasantly surprised by the speed of Home, much much better than Bank, it became so tedious when moving a lot of Pokémon over. I have a basic plan right now, but will buy premium at some point in the next few weeks.

Also, does anyone know if Alolan & Kanto starters are popular on Surprise trade at the minute? At work right now and haven't had the chance to try a Surprise trade since the release of Home. Am looking to get the starters before I purchase premium for now to train some.
Well I got a couple of squirtle’s on surprise trade so yeah, I would say that starters are quite popular. Heck, the GTS says that Litten is the most popular Pokémon to trade right now, even more so than the box legendaries.

Well I got a couple of squirtle’s on surprise trade so yeah, I would say that starters are quite popular. Heck, the GTS says that Litten is the most popular Pokémon to trade right now, even more so than the box legendaries.

Ah ok good to know. Yeah I did see on the GTS that since last night and all of today that Litten has been #1 on popularity, it just sucks that everyone's asking for a Meltan or Legendary/Mythical for them... Will have to try my luck with Surprise trades when I get back from work tonight.

Also, I haven't played Pokémon Go for a while (and not too sure if my current phone actually supports it lol), but wanted to ask if anyone knows how easy Meltan is to obtain in the game? Or is there an event I need to trigger or something?

Ah ok good to know. Yeah I did see on the GTS that since last night and all of today that Litten has been #1 on popularity, it just sucks that everyone's asking for a Meltan or Legendary/Mythical for them... Will have to try my luck with Surprise trades when I get back from work tonight.

Also, I haven't played Pokémon Go for a while (and not too sure if my current phone actually supports it lol), but wanted to ask if anyone knows how easy Meltan is to obtain in the game? Or is there an event I need to trigger or something?
Meltan isn't too bad. Transfer a Pokemon to let's go and you'll get a box you can open at anytime. Then you'll have the chance to catch about 18 meltan. Box has a 3-4 day cool down.

Can only get Melmetal by evolving in Pokemon Go. Need 400 candies

Meltan isn't too bad. Transfer a Pokemon to let's go and you'll get a box you can open at anytime. Then you'll have the chance to catch about 18 meltan. Box has a 3-4 day cool down.

You can also get a free Meltan in GO (without using Let's Go) by completing some Special Research, though that takes quite a lot longer due to the number of steps involved. But it is a free option, if one is needed.

(Getting a Melmetal without Let's Go, on the other hand, is next to impossible - even assuming that you use a Pinap Berry on the free Meltan, and convert the 5 Rare Candies from the Step 4 reward into Meltan Candy, you would still need 384 Candies in order to evolve it, and considering that you have to walk 20k with Meltan as your Buddy in order for it to find a Candy, that means you've got to walk 7,680 km, or ~4772 miles, or roughly 2% of the distance from the Earth to the Moon for the rest. Granted, you can mitigate that by converting other Rare Candies that you receive from Raids and battle prizes into more Meltan Candy, or by using a Poffin/filling up your Buddy Meltan's excitement meter in order to halve the distance needed for it to find a Candy (though that's still a massively impractical and inefficient 10 km), but even then, it would still be a hell of a grind.)

Last edited:

View: https://pastebin.com/YttGzmje

View: https://pastebin.com/CZYW0jAX

View: https://pastebin.com/kjtgxzw5

pastebin.com/XWhWfdaj

For that those don't know, people managed to datamine a list for all the Pokemon in Home featuring their new TR and TM list. Some notable ones:

Zapdos gets Hurricane.
Raikou gets Aura Sphere, Weather Ball, and Scald.
Eon Duo get Mystical Fire and Aura Sphere.
Tapu Koko gets Play Rough and Close Combat.
Tapu Bulu gets Close Combat, High Horse Power, Play Rough and Darkest Lariat.

Order: 1st in Gen 1 and 2, 2nd Gen 3 and 4, 3rd is Gen 4 and 5, and 6 is Gen 7 and 8.

Yes! Finally a physical Ice-type move for Kyurem! Even though it's Icicle Spear, it's still a game-changer now that Black Kyurem can finally become a threat with a full-on physical set.

I found a small thing in Home that really pisses me off (mainly because of how much work I did).

So, I noticed a lot of people asking for Meltan on the GTS, so I assumed they were tradeable. I used about 100 Ultra Balls in Let's Go catching 18 Meltan from GO. I get back to the GTS, nope, not tradeable.

If a Pokemon can't be sent, it shouldn't be able to be requested.

And the fact that Meltan specifically can't be traded really bothers me. I understand it's a Mythical, but with it being one of the easier Mythical to obtain, if you have the means to obtain them, then I don't think it would be too harmful to make it tradable over GTS. Especially when it can be requested!

I have around 150 Meltan stashed in my Let's Go Pikachu, just grabbed 8 for GTS and they aren't tradable on GTS! Really annoying as despite being Mythical they don't have ribbons so I assumed they'd be tradable

tumblr_poajkuYHPE1y4vk3ro2_r1_500.gifv

Feeling a lot like Clefable right now!

Last edited:
Could you remove the pastebin embed and leave the links? It is crashing my phone's chrome app when I attempt to load the page.

Anyone else having trouble getting Furfrou's trims to register? I caught nine Furfrou yesterday in Ultra Sun and got one of each style, put them in Bank (at which point, they all revert to natural), and then moved them to Home, but for some reason my Home Pokédex (on both Switch and Mobile) is only showing the Natural Form and the Matron Trim from the transfer that I did before that.

(Other than that, the only forms I have left to register are G-Max Machamp, Garbodor, Melmetal, and Copperajah, and Original Color Magearna if it ever gets released - and I kind of suspect that it finally might, since there've been reports of people receiving a regular Magearna for completing the Home Dex, except it's weirdly got a full slate of ribbons, even ones from Colo/XD, which along with the fact that only some people are receiving the gift suggests that the distribution might be bugged/faulty.

Edit: Indeed, some other people are reporting that they got an Original Color Magearna for completing the Home Dex.)

Unrelated, but I wonder if they'll add in more avatar sprite choices eventually. The selection box seems rather large for the scant eight options that exist, and I don't see any reason why we couldn't at least have Kris, FRLG Red/Leaf, Emerald Brendan/May, Platinum Lucas/Dawn, HGSS Ethan/Lyra, and Nate/Rosa. Though it'd be really cool if they added in a bunch of other sprite-era characters beyond just the protagonists.

Last edited:
And I thought it would suffer the same fate as AZ's Floette.

Well by my count, it should only be another 2993 years until Floette's release.

(The fact that Eternal Floette doesn't have any display art in Home whereas OC Magearna does and is finally seeing the light of day kinda makes me think people can stop holding their breath for the former, if they haven't already.)

Ugh! Aww man! I accidentally put some Pokemon in Home without deleting the moves they have that don't exist in SwSh! I wanted to put them in Shield but now they're stuck in Home and I can't put them anywhere else! Why am I such an idiot?!

You can send Pokémon to Sword and Shield even if they have removed moves. It’ll just recommend that you take them to the Move Deleter, and in battle, those moves will be greyed out and useless.

I found a small thing in Home that really pisses me off (mainly because of how much work I did).

So, I noticed a lot of people asking for Meltan on the GTS, so I assumed they were tradeable. I used about 100 Ultra Balls in Let's Go catching 18 Meltan from GO. I get back to the GTS, nope, not tradeable.

If a Pokemon can't be sent, it shouldn't be able to be requested.

And the fact that Meltan specifically can't be traded really bothers me. I understand it's a Mythical, but with it being one of the easier Mythical to obtain, if you have the means to obtain them, then I don't think it would be too harmful to make it tradable over GTS. Especially when it can be requested!
I've already seen at least one level 1 - 10 request that shouldn't have been posted: a Mewtwo for the asking price of a level 1 - 10 Tyrantrum. Sheesh.

Alright, we're paying money for the better experience, right? So why is the GTS still a steaming pile of excrement? This is basic stuff and it should have been fixed years ago. But of course, Nintendo, TPCI, and GameFreak don't care to deal with any of it. However, at least now I can leave a scathing review on Google Play and encourage people to go for the freebie plan and not necessarily the premium one. Which is exactly what I'm going to do. Hit them in the wallet and they may just wise up a bit.

Don't get me wrong: for storage, Home is great. But I am dead sick of the GTS being little more than a place for people to waggle an e-peen in my face. I've dealt with that for years and it hasn't gotten any better, so yeah, maybe if enough people leave a few reviews in plain sight, something might get done. But seriously, this is beyond tiresome.

I've already seen at least one level 1 - 10 request that shouldn't have been posted: a Mewtwo for the asking price of a level 1 - 10 Tyrantrum. Sheesh.

Alright, we're paying money for the better experience, right? So why is the GTS still a steaming pile of excrement? This is basic stuff and it should have been fixed years ago. But of course, Nintendo, TPCI, and GameFreak don't care to deal with any of it. However, at least now I can leave a scathing review on Google Play and encourage people to go for the freebie plan and not necessarily the premium one. Which is exactly what I'm going to do. Hit them in the wallet and they may just wise up a bit.

Don't get me wrong: for storage, Home is great. But I am dead sick of the GTS being little more than a place for people to waggle an e-peen in my face. I've dealt with that for years and it hasn't gotten any better, so yeah, maybe if enough people leave a few reviews in plain sight, something might get done. But seriously, this is beyond tiresome.
You could always use the trading hubs of discord.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom