• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Pokemon Home

I've already seen at least one level 1 - 10 request that shouldn't have been posted: a Mewtwo for the asking price of a level 1 - 10 Tyrantrum. Sheesh.

Alright, we're paying money for the better experience, right? So why is the GTS still a steaming pile of excrement? This is basic stuff and it should have been fixed years ago. But of course, Nintendo, TPCI, and GameFreak don't care to deal with any of it. However, at least now I can leave a scathing review on Google Play and encourage people to go for the freebie plan and not necessarily the premium one. Which is exactly what I'm going to do. Hit them in the wallet and they may just wise up a bit.

Don't get me wrong: for storage, Home is great. But I am dead sick of the GTS being little more than a place for people to waggle an e-peen in my face. I've dealt with that for years and it hasn't gotten any better, so yeah, maybe if enough people leave a few reviews in plain sight, something might get done. But seriously, this is beyond tiresome.
The GTS is free, but agree I personally don’t have any reason not to be on the free plan either.

Why is asking for level 1-10 legendaries is still allowed? :bulbaFacepalm: Do some really want Cosmog or Cosmoem instead of the obvious superior Solgaleo or Lunala?

Why is asking for level 1-10 legendaries is still allowed? :bulbaFacepalm: Do some really want Cosmog or Cosmoem instead of the obvious superior Solgaleo or Lunala?
Well sure, if you’re trying to complete the Home Pokédex. If you’ve already evolved your own Cosmog/Cosmoem the only way to get another is to start a new game in SM/USUM or trade with someone else.

Do some really want Cosmog or Cosmoem instead of the obvious superior Solgaleo or Lunala?
Well... if I had the games I’d definitely look for a way to get Cosmoem. I really like it even though it’s useless in battle.

It’s no different to liking the pre evolved weak form of some other Pokemon.

So... any of you guys get the Magearna yet? It's been a few days since I fully registered everything in the Dex and I still don't have one. :cry:

(Tangential question: How are you supposed to register Freeze Shock and Ice Burn in the Move Dex if Black/White Kyurem can't be stored as a fused entity?)

I seriously don't want another reason to pick up my phone, but since the GTS is only on the mobile version of HOME, but it looks like I have to just to use the GTS.

So I just downloaded HOME and I have to say it’s a lot clunkier than I expected.

Also, I feel like the GTS is a direct downgrade from the 3DS GTS because you cannot search for offers that you have the right Pokémon for. Instead you have to sift through 20 entries only to find all are asking for legendaries or impossible Pokémon...

You can filter out people asking for legendaries and mythicals, but it would be much better if it treated those as separate categories.

I'm not a fan of the Home GTS, but the Home storage and movement of Pokémon is definitely improved over Bank.

Edit: just seen this...

View: https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1229671048414670848?s=20

Last edited:
You can filter out people asking for legendaries and mythicals, but it would be much better if it treated those as separate categories.

I'm not a fan of the Home GTS, but the Home storage and movement of Pokémon is definitely improved over Bank.

Edit: just seen this...

View: https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1229671048414670848?s=20

Yes, finally those pesky Mythical Pokemon trades can finally be filtered out when looking for legendaries.

Started using Pokemon Home yesterday, no issue but now that I've managed to breed some Pokemon from Ultra Moon to send to Sword, I'm now getting an error

Error Code: 2-ALZTA-0005

Any ideas what this is about or what I can do to sort it?

My OC Magearna has been obtained thanks to Serebii's cheap and nasty quickfix method. (Though it seems to only work if you have a Living Dex, which obviously isn't the stated requirement for the reward, so fingers crossed for a formal fix yet to come.)

That said, I've just noticed that some of the challenges I've definitely completed are not being registered as completed (7 forms of Minior, the seasonal forms of Deerling and Sawsbuck, etc.), even after deleting and reinstalling the app. So that's gonna be the new thing to nag at me.

I'm also working on registering all the moves and abilities just because. I've only got 9 abilities left to fill in: Flare Boost (hello Dream Radar old friend), Ice Scales, Libero (not happening any time soon I bet), Mirror Armor, Moody (planning on DexNav chaining some Snorunt in Alpha Sapphire for this one), Perish Body, Propeller Tail, Steely Spirit, and Toxic Boost (going to search through Zangoose hordes in X). As for moves, 12 more remain: Celebrate (rip), Freeze Shock, Heal Order, Heart Swap, Ice Burn, Ion Deluge, Mat Block, Powder, Spotlight, Steamroller, Trump Card, and V-create (double rip). Other than the two obvious ones, none of those are an issue - Lanturn can get both Ion Deluge and Spotlight in Sun & Moon, getting a Vivillon for Powder is no problem at all, Vespiquen for Heal Order might be slightly annoying but perfectly doable, I can get Greninja on Friday using Island Scan in Ultra Sun for Mat Block, and I can just transfer a Venipede up to Sun & Moon to reteach it Steamroller. Heart Swap and Trump Card can both be learned by Magearna so I'll have to replay an Alola game for that, but that's actually somewhat convenient because if I play Ultra Moon, it solves my other problem of needing a Zekrom to fuse with Kyurem so that I can get Freeze Shock on a Smeargle.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom