• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Pokemon Home

So as I have been futilely trying to enter HOME in an attempt to get my Mystery Gift Zeraora (foolish, I know, but I also rely heavily on the Wonder Box for good breedjects so and I need to check it, so...) I thought of something regarding Mystery Gift distribution.

Do you guys think that HOME will become the main method through which Mystery Gift distributions are done through from now on? I know Pokemon Pass is still fairly recent and has done some events, however, I feel it would really stream-line things if HOME was retooled so that it could also function as a way to accept events.

I think Pass is dead lol. It never even left North America.

I imagine they'll get good use out of HOME, but the Mystery Gift function does still exist in SWSH and has not gone unused. Even right now it's the vector through which people who pre-ordered the DLC can claim their Leon cosplay clothes.

I suppose I could see the built-in Mystery Gift being relegated to that kind of thing; exclusive gifts that use a code. Maybe HOME will be used for more general stuff.

items apparently cant be claimed in the mobile home version of mystery gift, so the swsh version of mystery gift has some use for that. as for pokemon? i dunno, the pre-DLC galarian form 'mons were distributed via swsh mystery gift and not HOME's version of it, so.... not exactly sure what would fit the criteria of HOME mystery gift distribution? i'm going to guess more rarer pokemon since HA galarian starters were distributed there + HA kanto starters.

Hi, how many pokemon do you have on pokemon home? I have 2600 now. I didnt find anyone with more pokemon than me. Trying to complete the move dex and ability dex, as well as trying to complete foreing dex entries. Still far from completing foreing dex entries. If I could get an all languages living dex , I would be able to complete the foreing dex entries for all pokemon games, at least for the pokemon I know now.

But its currently impossible to get an all languages living dex in one place. 893 x 9=8037 . Pokemon home can store only 6,000.

Hi, how many pokemon do you have on pokemon home? I have 2600 now.
You have waaaay more than me. The most I’ve had is 30, which is the maximum amount of Pokémon the free plan will allow. Currently, I have 28 in the box, with 22 being unmovable to either SwSh or LGPE.

At the moment I've got 1458 stored. My Living Form Dex (sans Kubfu, I haven't started up another file to get a third one just yet), a box and change of miscellaneous Pokémon that I used to complete the Ability Dex and (most of the) Move Dex since I was missing some obscurities like Grass Pelt and Mat Block, almost two boxes of Championship teams from previous games, and then roughly seven boxes that contain more special/random stuff:

- Shinies
- Bank gifts
- The Cap Pikachu collection
- A handful of random event mons
- Duplicates of various Mythicals that I got using extra save files on my second 3DS
- Some duplicate Legendaries from previous playthroughs
- Some Wonder Box fodder

I have to say, I'm a little saddened that when we finally get artwork for every single Pokemon form, it's rather on the ugly side. Just compare the HOME artwork with the DreamWorld stuff:
HOME028A.png
028Sandslash_Alola_Dream.png
I mean, the HOME artwork isn't the worst, but it just looks a little weird and ugly in comparison in my opinion.

I have to say, I'm a little saddened that when we finally get artwork for every single Pokemon form, it's rather on the ugly side. Just compare the HOME artwork with the DreamWorld stuff:
HOME028A.png
I mean, the HOME artwork isn't the worst, but it just looks a little weird and ugly in comparison in my opinion.
It kinda reminds of the models in some of the Pokémon TCG cards.

It kinda reminds of the models in some of the Pokémon TCG cards.
Those clay ones right? Now that I think about, I agree. Hmmm... had HOME's artwork looked even more in line with those, I'd think I would be less salty about it.

HOME028A.png
I think it's the different art styles. Dream world was going for a 2d storybook/dreamy look whereas the Home models feel like 3d versions of 2d drawings that are still kinda 2d

HOME028A.png
As someone who grew up on the 90s internet with 90s photoshop...the home artwork is strangely reminiscent of that time. Like I vividly remember people upscaling official images and them having the same overall sheen as the Home models do because of the limitations of either PS or the person doing the edits.

But at the same time, comparing the home and dreamworld graphics aren't a very fair comparison since they're different things. If anything compare them too Go graphics since they're pretty much the same models with different textures.

Aside from the inconsistencies that aggravate my OCD, I personally find a lot of the Dream World art (apparently it’s formally called Corporate art) to have somewhat awkward posing, and I prefer the more neutral posing of the Sugimori/Home art.

Nitpicking, but I do wish they’d correct the colors on Shiny Cosmog and Shiny G-Max Corviknight though.

HOME028A.png
It's less like artwork and I think it's instead supposed to be the 3D model put in the same pose/angle as the official Sugimori art.

I'm all a mess at the moment, likely to so some serious sorting when The Crown Tundra comes out. Right now, I really just want to be able to transfer from GO. Using LGPE isn't the best route when 1: Only Generation I Pokémon (and Meltan/Melmetal) can pass through this loop; 2: GO Pokémon have a very low catch rate, even with Ultra Balls (and getting more costs money, requiring constant rematches with Gym Leaders).

Another thing is cleaning out the GTS, but that requires a whole army of Level 1-30 Dialga, tons of female Kubfu, or grinding up loads of Upgrades/Dubious Discs/King's Rocks, and having a trade partner.

Managed to get a living dex in home, except for Galar mons, I'm still working on these ^^ it's definitely a long term goal for me though lol

I almost complete mine as well (plus one exclusive Galar, Isle of Armor and Let's Go living dexes... because I have too many Mons and too much free time). I still lack around 11 mythicals, which I have no idea how to get (Celebi, Manaphy, Arceus, Genesect, Marshadow, Magearna come to mind). The Home app strangely doesn't even allow to trade "special" Pokemon (mythicals included).

I just hope Game Freak does host more online events like the shiny Zeraora one to be able to catch past Mythicals. And I'm still waiting for the Zarude event here in the Americas, I don't plan to buy a ticket of a movie in Japan only to throw it away.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom