• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Pokemon Home

Wow, I've played both games a few times and I didn't know this. Thanks a lot! I got myself a Magerna now!

I think home connectivity to Go is near since the latest hat pikachu will be released there

Go to Home connectivity confirmed.

However, apparently there are some things that suggest transferring from Go directly to Home costs money, which if true, is absolutely disgusting.
To be fair, you have to purchase the premium version of HOME to be able to transfer from Bank. While I don’t necessarily approve of that, I’d imagine that GO-HOME connectivity would work in the same way and I don’t think there’s anything disgusting about it. Greedy, perhaps, but not necessarily some immoral thing.

To be fair, you have to purchase the premium version of HOME to be able to transfer from Bank. While I don’t necessarily approve of that, I’d imagine that GO-HOME connectivity would work in the same way and I don’t think there’s anything disgusting about it. Greedy, perhaps, but not necessarily some immoral thing.

Transferring from Go to Lets Go however is free. Thats the disgusting thing. If you have the premium Home version, you shouldn't have to pay for Go either, since you already pay for Home. However, if they make the decision to pay for transferring from Go to Home, i think Go is dying really fast.

Transferring from Go to Lets Go however is free
Ah, I forgot about that. Then yeah, that is pretty greedy if true.
However, if they make the decision to pay for transferring from Go to Home, i think Go is dying really fast.
How so? I figure the fact that having to pay to transfer from GO to HOME would be an indicator that GO is still really popular because it suggests that there's a lot of players, i.e. consumers, willing to spend more money to see their GOmons in HOME. Unless you're suggesting that having a price tag attached to GO-HOME connectivity will kill GO, which I highly doubt considering it's a game that it relies on microtransactions for its profits. If you're not phased by microtransactions then you probably wouldn't be phased by an extra fee like this.

I highly doubt that nearly anything would cause GO to start “dying fast”. It’s been going strong for nearly 5 years now. And lots of people who play it don’t even play the main series so an added micro transaction connecting the two would definitely not hurt the app’s profits much, as much as I personally would detest it.

I don’t think Go is dying anytime sooner. If anything, Go is getting better thanks to all the features they are adding.

On topic of transfer from Go to Home, it’s a F2P System, meaning it’s a free service technically, but there are advantages to paying, like the process is faster. It’s still pretty scummy to monetize transferring Pokémon , but I’ll wait to see the amount of PokeCoins needed transferring before giving my full opinion.

I don’t think Go is dying anytime sooner. If anything, Go is getting better thanks to all the features they are adding.

On topic of transfer from Go to Home, it’s a F2P System, meaning it’s a free service technically, but there are advantages to paying, like the process is faster. It’s still pretty scummy to monetize transferring Pokémon , but I’ll wait to see the amount of PokeCoins needed transferring before giving my full opinion.
Yeah they recently updated the information to clarify that there is a cooldown time between transferring, but you can speed up that cooldown time with PokeCoins. I agree that it's not ideal, but it's a whole lot better than having to pay to transfer Pokemon (besides Home) in general. I was not happy earlier.

I’ve heard some people say you can only transfer Pokémon from Go if you have them registered in the Home Pokedex. Has this officially been confirmed?

I’ve heard some people say you can only transfer Pokémon from Go if you have them registered in the Home Pokedex. Has this officially been confirmed?
There's currently no confirmation that you must have registered a Pokémon in HOME for it to be transferred from GO. It's just a rumor.

I hope they make HOME free.

Aside from what SpinyShell already mentioned, the best that you could probably realistically hope for is a price reduction, rather than them suddenly deciding to make all of HOME's premium features available for free. After all, even Pokémon Bank had a paid subscription requirement (with no free option at all).

But I think them changing any of HOME's price points is extremely unlikely.

Pokemon GO to Home transfer is dropping. It's been pretty upsetting for people though. 7 day cooldowns or $10 for transfers, only being able to transfer a certain number of shinies/legendaries/one shiny legendary, and that thing about having to have the mon in SWSH before you can transfer one in from Home is apparently true.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom