• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Pokemon Home

Dude is literally just posting “I’m at a place I regularly work” it means nothing in particular. He’s on GameFreak’s board of directors, GameFreak are part owners of TPCi - chances are he’s there an awful lot but with the pandemic situation it’s a bit more interesting for him when he is actually physically there!
Yeah. Like, Japan is currently under a state of emergency and it does not look very good because a new variant has been detected. The pandemic is getting way worse. In my area, the vaccine delivery had to be delayed.

But back on topic, I think HOME should done a lot better than it currently was on launch. I am just tired of the subscription fees HOME currently has. It is just unfair that the GTS was only on the mobile version of HOME and I do hope GTS will be implemented in SwSh (in a future update) and other future games like the DP remakes and Gen 9. I know I was nitpicking about this. We just have to wait on what future may bring us.

I do understand why TPCi wanted to make HOME but still, it could have been a lot better.

Last edited:
I do hope GTS will be implemented in SwSh (in a future update)

It won’t be - there is no purpose to doing so at this point in the game’s life. I suspect GTS was likely moved to Home as a way of sidestepping NSO subscription requirements (eg what happens if you put a Mon up on GTS a day before your NSO sub expires then check it the next day only to find you’re locked out of the online) - you can still use GTS on the free version of Home, just you get a better version of it with the subscription.

Head's up. Clearly hacked Pokémon (like those nicknamed Machamps.com and MGDiscord.co) have now been flagged as hacked, and can no longer be traded. I can assume this also applies to SwSh.

UPDATE: Hacked Shiny Pokémon continue to be surprised traded in SwSh for the time being.

Last edited:
The year subscription is coming up and I had turned off auto renewal. I don't see a renew option in home or on the e shop how am I supposed to renew my account?

I've just made another transfer from Pokemon GO, and all 25 results are untradeable. I don't know why, but I suspect it's because I transferred in the Lake Guardian exclusive to my region (in Australia's case, Uxie). I hope this is just temporary, and they'll be tradable within 24 hours.

UPDATE: All became tradable after a few hours. They were able to be placed in the Wonder Box with no issue, but with the GTS, I noticed they were still marked down, yet I was able to place a Litleo (for an Impidimp) without hassle. After I edited the boxes through the Switch version, the markings were gone.

Last edited:
Nope, only if you use them online.
I recently got a Lv. 100 shiny Whimsicott with a name like that through Surprise Trade (that was apparently hatched from an egg and beat the Galar League when I personally haven't yet). Had a feeling the poor guy was hacked into existence

So I guess the Surprise Trade method of spreading them still works, but I wanna protect him just because I find the Cottonee line adorable (if a little unfortunate if you look too deeply into things)

I also got a Litten pre-DLC through Surprise Trade and I've been scared to train him up to use online

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I also got a Lv. 100 shiny Porygon-Z in Omega Ruby through Wonder Trade, it helped me beat the Hoenn League (even if Swampert and Drifblim did most of the work) and it somehow got through Bank to Sun just fine so I'm not sure if it's hacked

EDIT 2: forgot the Porygon line is genderless and referred to Porygon-Z with he/him pronouns

Currently, Generation VIII Pokémon imported from GO that became available since August 20 (like Wooloo and Zacian) cannot be traded through HOME.

The update just went live, but it's unavailable for me as of this post, so it looks like I'll have to wait until 10:30am tomorrow (at best).

Nincada cannot be put into BDSP (likely because of Shedinja), nor can Pikachu, Eevee, or Meowth with Gigantamax factor. Spinda cannot be taken out of BDSP, so I guess that would become the new greed-motivated "heavily requested" Bank-only Pokémon for trades alongside Vivillon, Florges, Greninja, and GO-only Trim Furfrou.

At least Alpha Pokémon retain their mark in HOME, according to Twitter.

I can finally bring the Palkia I caught in Sword to Brilliant Diamond!

Now the BDSP Pokedex will be much easier to complete. I unfortunately still don't have a way to get Mew and I still don't have a Celebi to transfer to BDSP.

Ugh, I got the Mystery Gift starters, but when the app asked me if I wanted to nickname them, I said no because I wanted to check their natures and genders first. But now it won't let me nickname the mystery gift starters. I was able to nickname two of them, but the other four I got...there's no option for me to give them nicknames now. Boo!

I haven't gotten to play around much yet, but gosh it was nice to have Megi and the rest of my old HGSS team on the Switch and out of HOME. Kinda sucks they lost their movepool in the one modern game that doesn't have reusable TMs though. It's gonna take some time getting the TMs necessary to rebuild the movesets I want. I really haven't played BDSP as much as other games so I don't think I have a whole lot of spheres and stuff accumulated to get more TMs.

Guess it gives me a reason to really care about BDSP again. I've barely played it in a while.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom