• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Horizons General Discussion/Speculation Thread

To me, that doesn’t mean Ash won’t be there: didn’t they hide the fact that, for weeks, Ash would be in Unova?

Have they? Have they done the unthinkable? We're getting an anime with new protagonists. Damn, I never thought I would ever see the day when Ash steps aside for some new faces...

Guess it's time to drop the old me while I'm at it... or maybe keep a good old side of me for nostalgic purposes.

Last edited:
I knew this was a possibility. There were only two ways for Ash to go forward. Either the anime changes to accommodate Ash's new adventures (to reflect his new status as the World Champion) or the series leaves Ash to focus on a brand new trainer and their adventures.

I never thought this day would come. I’m genuinely not sure what to make of this. It’s like a part of my childhood that followed me through into adulthood is finally leaving me.

Cautiously optimistic about the new possibilities this could bring - especially if the writing staff haven’t changed.

I have seen it all.

Japanese version of the anime with subs on the official English Pokemon YouTube channel.

And my boy, Ash, is leaving the anime.

Oh my...

I still can’t rule out a fake-out but equally… O. M. G.

Wait so is Aim to be a Pokemon Master canon or not? Because I’m scared that they’re going to have Ash end up with Misty since she’s on the poster. And what about the thing with the XY Art Style and the other boy?

Well guys, this just happened.

All I can say is, if Ash leaves, this has to be the riskiest move the anime writers have done (although it may be a potentially interesting way)

Removing such a beloved character that has been the face of the anime for so many years is a huge risk, an I'm already seeing people who are refusing to watch the new anime because no Ash. To be fair though, you don't have many avenues to take Ash beyond Journeys and his character would probably stagnate. But I can understand the issues people have. I really don't get as to why Ash couldn't just be a tertiary mentor character but eh

I am very interested to this new anime other than that though.

I wonder if one of the characters is gonna catch a Pikachu and it's just gonna become a Shouldermon for no reason like Grookey. Seems weird to not have a Pikachu in this series considering he's the face of the franchise.

Wait so is Aim to be a Pokemon Master canon or not? Because I’m scared that they’re going to have Ash end up with Misty since she’s on the poster. And what about the thing with the XY Art Style and the other boy?
It looks like this would be canon, as the trailer shows Ash in his Journeys outfit, and has Sceptile, Donphan, Totodile, and Leavanny, along with Misty's Azurill who debuted in Advance Generation. Also, Misty and Brock were in their original outfits in the Sun and Moon series. I hope we'd see more returns in this grand finale.

To be fair though, you don't have many avenues to take Ash beyond Journeys and his character would probably stagnate. But I can understand the issues people have.
Keeping Ash in would also be somewhat risky now that he's become Alola's champion and defeated Cynthia and Leon. The idea of keeping Ash or replacing him with a newer protagonist would always have pros and cons.

Well guys, this just happened.

All I can say is, if Ash leaves, this has to be the riskiest move the anime writers have done (although it may be a potentially interesting way)

Removing such a beloved character that has been the face of the anime for so many years is a huge risk, an I'm already seeing people who are refusing to watch the new anime because no Ash. To be fair though, you don't have many avenues to take Ash beyond Journeys and his character would probably stagnate. But I can understand the issues people have. I really don't get as to why Ash couldn't just be a tertiary mentor character but eh

I am very interested to this new anime other than that though.

Ash will have new adventures. But these adventures are shrinking and will no longer fit the need to promote SV. You saw what Journeys gave to Ash, and at the expense of Galar promotion. The show cannot continue as it has been with Ash as the protagonist. And Ash cannot remain in the status quo when we see what he could be without it.

At least he leaves on a high note.

But he'll be back. He's like Red now. He'll be back.

Back
Top Bottom