• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Horizons General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Just saw someone say the tera orb crystal necklace of Riko was a thunderstone to try and prove she is Ash's daughter.
The internet man, it's a wacky place, cant even have nods to Ash in the design with the hair clip.

I will say though if she somehow is his daughter, I garuntee they will never reveal who the mom is.
She does have a hair clip in the shape of the logo on Ash's OS hat, but I believe that she has no connections to Ash whatsoever.

Just saw someone say the tera orb crystal necklace of Riko was a thunderstone to try and prove she is Ash's daughter.
The internet man, it's a wacky place, cant even have nods to Ash in the design with the hair clip.

I will say though if she somehow is his daughter, I garuntee they will never reveal who the mom is.
They'll probably reveal the mom because if they don't then Ash would pretty much need to be the person taking care of them. And I doubt they want to overuse Ash or give up too much away about what happened to him since anything related to Ash in the new series could be used to drum up hype/interest. Like a on-going mystery in a similar way to Ash's dad but a actual resolution at some point.

(Unless you said she was being taken care by like...her grandma or some crap. But that sounds contrived as all hell.)
Honestly if their willing to get rid of Ash their willing to do pretty much anything at this point lol.

They'll probably reveal the mom because if they don't then Ash would pretty much need to be the person taking care of them. And I doubt they want to overuse Ash or give up too much away about what happened to him since anything related to Ash in the new series could be used to drum up hype/interest. Like a on-going mystery in a similar way to Ash's dad but a actual resolution at some point.

(Unless you said she was being taken care by like...her grandma or some crap. But that sounds contrived as all hell.)
Honestly if their willing to get rid of Ash their willing to do pretty much anything at this point lol.
I mean, if the protag is say, on an adventure in a new reigon away from home they wouldnt need to show the mom ever.

But either way I doubt it, shippers are just really trying to latch on to anything they can.
Like people saying the blue eyes means she is the daughter of ash and serena despite the eyes clearly just carrying on the red and blue color theming of the two protags.

I mean, if the protag is say, on an adventure in a new reigon away from home they wouldnt need to show the mom ever.

But either way I doubt it, shippers are just really trying to latch on to anything they can.
Like people saying the blue eyes means she is the daughter of ash and serena despite the eyes clearly just carrying on the red and blue color theming of the two protags.
I don't think the girl is related to Ash at all. I just don't know why they'd suddenly have the balls to change Ash as a protag and then not have the balls to reveal who he married/had a daughter with if they did go down that route. It just sounds silly.
Also that reasoning is contrived as well lol. "Well yes this person is the daughter of Ash but their mother is never around because she's a region away and no they'll never contact each other or meet again so yeah no worry guys."

Cue every backyard theorist speedrunning a genetics course to see if her eye color or height confirms a specific pokegirl as the mother
The ultimate troll is if Ash just married a random that he's never met in his 20+ year journey lol. Like it be kinda realistic that he didn't find his gf/wife while he was 10, but imagine how pissed shippers would be?

She has blue hair, so we can deffo rule out Serena, May and Misty.

Which means the only ones eligible are Lana and Dawn.

I'm willing to give this series a shot, but Pokémon (2023) having a similar structure to Journeys' format
already concerns me. I just hope it's handled better here than it was in that series.
image.png

It's gonna be very interesting to see how the Japanese fandom handles this development over the next few years
as the anime staff seems to listen to fan feedback from them if their reaction is strong enough.
The Japanese audience and especially Jessie, James and Meowth's seiyu hating the serious take on Team Rocket
in BW is apparently why the characters were reverted back to their comedic selves in the last half of the series.

If this gets a dub, I hope that will be a fresh start as well. No more replacing music and all that.
The official Pokemon YouTube channel showed a subbed version of the announcement. There is no way it wouldn't get a dub after they did that, especially when there would be no good reason for them to not dub it. It would be an anime series ideally featuring new Pokemon from the new games.

I shouldn't be surprised that people are instantly thinking that Liko could be Ash's daughter, but that just feels like such a stretch to me. I guess I can't say that it's impossible when they've already done the impossible with replacing Ash, but it just seems so unlikely to me. Going for a time skip to justify replacing Ash just seems like going a step too far. Not to mention going with the whole "new lead is the child of the old lead" seems a bit too cliched at this point. I'd rather just have them be kids unrelated to Ash.

The new girl is def not Ash's daughter. In fact, I think she and the other kid are only protagonists for the next 3ish years. I think from here on out, main characters will rotate every region/gen. I think this because her starter is a Gen 9 starter which wouldn't fit in future gens so they'll be rotated out.

I'm glad that Ash has finally left the anime! Even though I have been watching since Gen 1 I lost interest in him after XY ended. The way they portrayed him in SM was a huge let down. I wish XY had been his last series. Journeys was also a disappointment, I skipped so many episodes.

I'm glad that they seem to give a female protagonist the spotlight! We have never had a female character who does gyms and that is honestly ridiculous.

I'm sad that she is an original character though. I would much rather have seen the female protagonist from SV as the protagonist. It would have been awesome if each new seasons of the anime featured the game protagonists just like Pokémon Adventures does. Not to mention what about Arven and the others? I really want to see them animated.

After the disappointment that was Chloe, I can't help but feel cautious about the new girl. A girl who battles and replaces Ash almost sound too good to be true since Journeys barely showed Chloe and only used her for Eevee advertisement.

The possibility of her being Ash's daughter is exciting though. If they don't confirm which girl he ended up with my old shipper heart will be very disappointed. Personally I'm rooting for Serena but Dawn or May would also be acceptable options. We need more hints from Ash though and addressing the kiss is a must for a good and believable Amourshipping ending.

A Pearlshipping ending would probably be the easiest to pull off since she was the only one who watched during the M8. An Advanceshipping ending seems highly unlikely since the VA is sick and they need to adress Drew/Contestshipping.

Misty could also work but I'm not as big of a Pokeshipper anymore. I liked it in OS but I think she lost some of her OG charm in SM. She is more genki than tsundere nowadays and the new Ash is more dense and not as funny as he used to be. But if they can somehow bring back the OG humor in those 11 episodes, I would accept a Pokeshipping ending.

The ultimate troll is if Ash just married a random that he's never met in his 20+ year journey lol. Like it be kinda realistic that he didn't find his gf/wife while he was 10, but imagine how pissed shippers would be?
I said I would bring the popcorn and alcohol. I want to see the circle jerking on Twitter

I'm glad that Ash has finally left the anime! Even though I have been watching since Gen 1 I lost interest in him after XY ended. The way they portrayed him in SM was a huge let down. I wish XY had been his last series. Journeys was also a disappointment, I skipped so many episodes.

I'm glad that they seem to give a female protagonist the spotlight! We have never had a female character who does gyms and that is honestly ridiculous.

I'm sad that she is an original character though. I would much rather have seen the female protagonist from SV as the protagonist. It would have been awesome if each new seasons of the anime featured the game protagonists just like Pokémon Adventures does. Not to mention what about Arven and the others? I really want to see them animated.

After the disappointment that was Chloe, I can't help but feel cautious about the new girl. A girl who battles and replaces Ash almost sound too good to be true since Journeys barely showed Chloe and only used her for Eevee advertisement.

The possibility of her being Ash's daughter is exciting though. If they don't confirm which girl he ended up with my old shipper heart will be very disappointed. Personally I'm rooting for Serena but Dawn or May would also be acceptable options. We need more hints from Ash though and addressing the kiss is a must for a good and believable Amourshipping ending.

A Pearlshipping ending would probably be the easiest to pull off since she was the only one who watched during the M8. An Advanceshipping ending seems highly unlikely since the VA is sick and they need to adress Drew/Contestshipping.

Misty could also work but I'm not as big of a Pokeshipper anymore. I liked it in OS but I think she lost some of her OG charm in SM. She is more genki than tsundere nowadays and the new Ash is more dense and not as funny as he used to be. But if they can somehow bring back the OG humor in those 11 episodes, I would accept a Pokeshipping ending.
Everyone is less tsundere/mean now a days. Tbh it be nice if the new girl was a funny jerk, it be a nice change of pace.

The new girl is def not Ash's daughter. In fact, I think she and the other kid are only protagonists for the next 3ish years. I think from here on out, main characters will rotate every region/gen. I think this because her starter is a Gen 9 starter which wouldn't fit in future gens so they'll be rotated out.

This is what makes the most sense, honestly. I've adored having Ash all these years, but the writers definitely put themselves in a bit of a corner since he stuck around for so long. I'd hope they realize that moving forward, they're better off starting fresh with each series.

I don't know about every region/gen, but deffo every 2 gens... since they can give Roy Fuecoco and Quaxly in this series... then give him grass in the next (Alongside them, while he boxes his other mons) and Rika gets Fire and Water.

Ash's departure, for me, is bittersweet. On one side, I'll miss him in the anime, but on the other side I'm very happy that he is getting some sort of closure and won't cycle through series forever.

I'm excited for the new series. This time two new anime exclusive characters and hopefully the writers learned their mistake from JN. Assuming Gen9 is for 3 years, this series will also likely be about 20ish episodes shorter, so curious what the pasing will be.

I hope Riko's goal is related to battling (which seems very likely) so I'm excited for a female protagonist taking on gyms. Though I hope it's not just 2 companions again, because that's not a very exciting dynamic.

The biggest question mark right now is whether TR will remain.

Back
Top Bottom