• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Horizons General Discussion/Speculation Thread

There is no moving the goalposts considering that was literally a part of my original post.
And we've had no disagreement about that part of your post. She'll be paired with plushie pokémon, whether she's good at battles or not.

I found a Reddit post regarding Riko's pokemon and I'm interested in people's thoughts on it.
Screenshot_20230111-194255_1.jpg

AmourShipping is inevitable.
I can't believe I was today years old when I realized that people weren't writing "Armor Shipping" but rather "Amour" as in Love. :lapras:

You'd think being a natural French speaker I would have realized sooner, but I guess I am dumb. :confused:

I'm disappointed with Ash and Pikachu (and thus presumably the TRio too :cry:) not being the stars anymore, so the main thing I want is for the new series to be set in the main continuity and honor their legacy. Occasional guest appearances of course, but also e.g. one of the new characters wanting to be a great trainer like that boy with the Pikachu and/or battle him, or maybe the idea of Pokemon Master spreads and we hear more trainers talk about it, etc.. I just want the new series to be respectful to what came before it, I'm not feeling picky otherwise.

I'm disappointed with Ash and Pikachu (and thus presumably the TRio too :cry:) not being the stars anymore, so the main thing I want is for the new series to be set in the main continuity and honor their legacy. Occasional guest appearances of course, but also e.g. one of the new characters wanting to be a great trainer like that boy with the Pikachu and/or battle him, or maybe the idea of Pokemon Master spreads and we hear more trainers talk about it, etc.. I just want the new series to be respectful to what came before it, I'm not feeling picky otherwise.
They discarded 25 year old characters like they were nothing, without as much as say why they did it. They even had the audacity of assuring people that Ash winning agains Leon (a terrible battle in my opinion, since Ash would be washed if he followed the rules of only one gimmick, proving that he still as a long way to go) was not the end of his journey, when, by the time they gave that interview, they wre already aware of his retirement.

Respect for the fans who have followed the series for 25 long years isn´t part of the current writers/producers vocabulary. We old fans are not needed anymore. We are just a burden. They deluded themselves into thinking they can grab enought new viewers to reenact the phenomenom that this franchise was 25 years ago. They are wrong. I´m all for trying new things to grab new viewers, but you should always respect the fans that were with you from the begining. Currently, in different forms of media, there is this view that innovation is the way to go and that, for some reason, it can´t coexist with tradition. I thought Pokemon was different. I was obviously proven wrong.

I appolagize for sounding so petty, but I can´t really explain how important this series is to me. I am not joking or dramatizing when I say that, during a very dark period of my life, an episode of this anime singlehandedly saved my life. It´s thanks to this series that I´m still here today. Seeing it all end, without a valid reason other than innovation, is just to much.

They discarded 25 year old characters like they were nothing, without as much as say why they did it. They even had the audacity of assuring people that Ash winning agains Leon (a terrible battle in my opinion, since Ash would be washed if he followed the rules of only one gimmick, proving that he still as a long way to go) was not the end of his journey, when, by the time they gave that interview, they wre already aware of his retirement.
To be fair, Ash's journey will continue, we just won't follow that journey anymore. Not to mention that we still have the 11 episodes epilogue when they said that.

Respect for the fans who have followed the series for 25 long years isn´t part of the current writers/producers vocabulary. We old fans are not needed anymore. We are just a burden. They deluded themselves into thinking they can grab enought new viewers to reenact the phenomenom that this franchise was 25 years ago. They are wrong. I´m all for trying new things to grab new viewers, but you should always respect the fans that were with you from the begining. Currently, in different forms of media, there is this view that innovation is the way to go and that, for some reason, it can´t coexist with tradition. I thought Pokemon was different. I was obviously proven wrong.

I really doubt they expect to reenact the phenomenom that this franchise was 25 years ago. It's just that the Pokemon anime's popularity has been on the decline for a while now, so they're trying to use new leads to try to attract new fans.

I mean, people on this forum have said that Journeys was unpopular in Japan and mentioned low ratings to prove it. It seems that they were right, then it is not so weird that they try something different with new protagonists.

What i want them to do (Which means they aren't gonna do it)... is have the first scene of Episode 1 of the new anime Ash and Geeta having a fight... which inpires both Riko and Roy to set on to their journeys.

Back
Top Bottom