• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Horizons General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Based on the concept art we've gotten and the colors the two protagonists wear (red vs blue), I feel like Roy & Liko are going to basically be expys of Goh & Chloe, respectively.
Seems more likely that they’re the expys of Ash and Go rather than anything Koharu. Riko‘s primary color theme seems to be blue, which was the color they used to represent Ash and Roy‘s primary color theme is red, the color theme they used to represent Go.

If Ash was Roy's father, who will be Roy mother? It seems unlikely the answer will be Serena, Dawn or Misty, right?

The reason why some people were obsessed about the idea of Liko being Ash's daughter was because she has blue eyes (like Serena or many other pokegirls) or Blue hair (like Dawn).

That's the reason why I think they don't speak so much about the theory of Roy being Ash's father, since his features makes unlikely the most popular pokegirls will be his mother.
I'm pretty sure the whole Riko is Ash's daughter theory has nothing to do with her design. I thought it was because Riko is more prominent in the promotional artwork thus far and she has a hair clip with a symbol similar to Ash's Kanto hat. People probably would have brought up that theory even if Riko didn't have blue eyes or blue hair.

Seems more likely that they’re the expys of Ash and Go rather than anything Koharu.

I sure hope not. I feel like the anime works best when it uses the contrasting personalities of the main characters to its advantage. I didn't watch every episode of this latest series, but from what I did see I felt like Ash & Goh were basically the same person apart from their main goals as Pokemon Trainers.

I'd rather see Liko be more of a shy, insecure girl who is maybe attending the Pokemon Academy to find out what she wants in life, and goes through some character development stuff on the side similar to Chloe. Roy can still be the gung-ho boy who takes on the Gym Challenge.

I sure hope not. I feel like the anime works best when it uses the contrasting personalities of the main characters to its advantage. I didn't watch every episode of this latest series, but from what I did see I felt like Ash & Goh were basically the same person apart from their main goals as Pokemon Trainers.
I don't think that's really accurate. Ash and Goh got along really well with each other, but to say that they're the same person apart from their main goals doesn't really make sense to me. Goh was more insecure compared to Ash given his backstory with Horace and his reaction to Ash wanting to go on a journey alone at the end of the series. A part of Goh's storyline was about becoming more empathetic and understanding towards Pokemon's feelings, something Ash didn't have to do. Ash was usually more laid back and upbeat than Goh often was and arguably didn't really have much development over the course of the series, despite becoming a World Champion. They may not have had more overt contrasting personalities, but they definitely weren't he same person apart from their main goals.

Based on the concept art we've gotten and the colors the two protagonists wear (red vs blue), I feel like Roy & Liko are going to basically be expys of Goh & Chloe, respectively.
Seems more likely that they’re the expys of Ash and Go rather than anything Koharu. Riko‘s primary color theme seems to be blue, which was the color they used to represent Ash and Roy‘s primary color theme is red, the color theme they used to represent Go.
It's pretty common in children's anime to have characters defined by their colours.

The world tour part could have worked out much better if we spent more time in a given reason. 4 episodes in this region, back to Kanto, 6 episodes in another region, back to Kanto. I’m hoping they can better Integrate other regions into this series because I think that was the least well received thing about Journeys.

The world tour part could have worked out much better if we spent more time in a given reason. 4 episodes in this region, back to Kanto, 6 episodes in another region, back to Kanto. I’m hoping they can better Integrate other regions into this series because I think that was the least well received thing about Journeys.
That is what Journeys should have done with the World Tour route to make it work. 7--9 episodes in lets say Kalos, then back to Kanto for a few episodes, and 10-13 episodes in Galar, and so on.

I hope the wrtiers take this into consideration with the new show, since it looks set to follow the world tour route

In my opinion, the concept of a "World Tour" would've worked if they actually embraced the travel aspect more. Stick 'em in Sonia's car and have them move slowly throughout the Regions, spending at least a few episodes in each Gen's location and incorporate a world map at the episode title sequence so that we can track the progress through each region.

I'm very much thinking of Lupin in the Castle of Cagliostro movie where he just straps all his stuff to his car as he moves across Europe. :unsure:
1676835298758.png

You know... now that I think about it, Riko being from Paldea yet having the Indigo League (Kanto) as her hair pin now raises me some questions in my head:LOL:

You know... now that I think about it, Riko being from Paldea yet having the Indigo League (Kanto) as her hair pin now raises me some questions in my head:LOL:
Maybe her parents are from Kanto but, Riko grew up a Paldean native. My family grew up in the Caribbean but, I was raised an Canadian. Maybe that angle?

Maybe her parents are from Kanto but, Riko grew up a Paldean native. My family grew up in the Caribbean but, I was raised an Canadian. Maybe that angle?
Regardless of Riko's background, I actually would like to see that where yes she was born and raised in Paldea, but her family is another region or so. It does bring some reflections of real life where your parents are from another country/region and yet they moved somewhere else to start a family. And perhaps that is where the World Tour aspect of the series could come in, although I know many are really sick of Kanto

Now that is just an idea/speculation.

And those parents are Ash and Serena. After they were wed, they moved to Paldea at the behest of Professor Oak, and had a daughter.

Years later, Riko started her Pokemon journey with Roy, the son of Goh and Chloe.

That's my hope, at least.

And those parents are Ash and Serena. After they were wed, they moved to Paldea at the behest of Professor Oak, and had a daughter.

Years later, Riko started her Pokemon journey with Roy, the son of Goh and Chloe.

That's my hope, at least.
Well that’s one way to break the internet if that actually were to happen. As someone said, a missile to the head, even more than THAT scene in the last episode XYZ xD

But in all seriousness, I just want the writers to just come out and already confirm or not if there is or no connection between the two protagonists and Ash already, just so this speculation can end

Last edited:
Well that’s one way to break the internet if that actually were to happen. As someone said, a missile to the head, even more than THAT scene in the last episode XYZ xD

But in all seriousness, I just want the writers to just come out and already confirm or not if there is or no connection between the two protagonists and Ash already
I REFUSE to consider the possibility that Amourshipping will never be canon, and Ash i as romance-blind as Goku.

Spending more time in each region certainly would have been good for Journeys. It would have helped to make each region feel more distinct, spend more time in locations from the games and it would have given the series some much needed structure, especially during its first year. I'd be happy if they did something like that with this series, but I don't have a lot of faith that they'd do a better job executing this world tour format right after Journeys.

I do like the idea of Riko and Roy traveling around the world as part of their Treasure Hunt though, assuming that they go to one of the schools from Scarlet/Violet. That would potentially give them more reason to stay in different regions for more than just one episode and would still tie their adventures back to Paldea. I'd prefer it if they spent more time in Paldea than traveling around other regions ideally, but it would be one way to make their adventures feel like it's leading them to finding their treasure too.

Back
Top Bottom