• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Horizons General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Does anyone else hope they revisit previous Anime-only regions and locations in this new series? With the whole adventure theme, it would be a shame if they limited themselves to things that already exist in the games or just reinvent generic towns that repeat stuff already covered by previous installments as filler. Plus, I'd love to see things like Pokémopolis and Pokélantis modernized, especailly the former since there would be powerful Pokémon for Roy to fight that could serve as a warm up for his eventual goal to battle legendaries.

If not, then can they at least use locations that weren't covered during Ash's tenure through the different regions?

Does anyone else hope they revisit previous Anime-only regions and locations in this new series? With the whole adventure theme, it would be a shame if they limited themselves to things that already exist in the games or just reinvent generic towns that repeat stuff already covered by previous installments as filler. Plus, I'd love to see things like Pokémopolis and Pokélantis modernized, especailly the former since there would be powerful Pokémon for Roy to fight that could serve as a warm up for his eventual goal to battle legendaries.

If not, then can they at least use locations that weren't covered during Ash's tenure through the different regions?
It’d be nice to revisit old places not in the games but I’d only want them to revisit the places from the original series as they are iconic and memorable.

I've read a spanish translation:

Liko is called "the girl guided by the destiny", while Roy is called "the boy chasing a dream".

Honestly, it fits the phrases we heard the character said in the first trailer.

Things are getting interesting. There is a random mysterious character who is like an influencer, and we have a group of explorers who are probably up to no good and rival with the protagonist/s. I am curious to see how things shape up and proceed, but as we get more news, I get more hopeful for the new series.

Jill and Conia definitely seem like they're going to be the next Jessie and James going off of their art.

Will be interesting to see a Golduck get a prominent role in the anime, if these are Team Rocket replacement characters, I hope they're used for effectively than Team Rocket and pose a significant threat

Will be interesting to see a Golduck get a prominent role in the anime, if these are Team Rocket replacement characters, I hope they're used for effectively than Team Rocket and pose a significant threat
They're likely rivals to Liko and Roy group, but I don't think they will be criminals.

I like Golduck, but I find Rhydon to be boring. Overall big yawn at the choices to pick from 1000 existing pokemon. Also, what's up with the mascot costume?

This cast is becoming quite big.

Ok...I guess these guys look cool and all, but like I said last week, I'm just not interested in all of these side characters. First of all, the freaking Kanto Pokemon are annoying af. They couldn't have given them Pokemon from any other region? Ceruledge being there is nice, but why Rhydon and Golduck for the other two? Like I said, I'm just whatever on these guys for now.

My issue is that we still barely know anything about Liko and Roy. I know we kind of just had a trailer, but my gosh I hope we get another one soon. I want to know what Roy and Liko's goals are, how they get involved with Freide and his crew, why they choose to region hop with them, etc.

I like Golduck, but I find Rhydon to be boring. Overall big yawn at the choices to pick from 1000 existing pokemon. Also, what's up with the mascot costume?

This cast is becoming quite big.
Yea, I find that it’s really not a good sign when you have 1000+ Pokémon to pick from and you choose to go with more Kanto Pokémon.

I'm curious if Sprigatito will be out of its ball most of the time. Not like Pikachu where they reuse the "they don't like being in one" plot line, but more like Piplup where they just... are with no specific explanation.
If not I do just hope it's out of its ball more often than the average Pokemon. Only problem I can see is if they want to evolve it, having a Meowscarada walking along side the group 24/7 would just feel... off.

First of all I would like to explain that, despite what I am about to say, I am actualy quite excited and looking forward to this new series. Is just that I need to get this out of my chest.

So, today our TR knockoffs were reaveled. I saw some people online coping that thay won´t be villains, but rivals. I don´t know about the Ceruledge guy, but the other 2 are so obviously Jessie and James clones that it´s a bit funny. I´m atleast happy to see we will get a source of conflict in the episodes. Let´s just hope they appear quiet a bit, if not this series will be a snooze fest.

And this brings be to my next point. This series is shaping up to be like any other Ash series, except without battles. Yes people, you can keep coping, but you battle fans that loved to complain about Ash are in for a rude wake up call. We will defenitly see some battles here and there, but it won´t be the goal of any character. I´m curious to see if the same people who wanted the Ash anime to end because of to many non battle episodes they deemed to be filler will praise this new series for doing what they criticised the old anime for.

I´m sorry for sounding rude, but I´m tired of the hypocrisy I have seen around online in the last few days. Basically there are a group of people who are Ash anime fans that aren´t being nice, wanting the new series to fail. Although that is repreensible, let´s not pretend that Ash anime fans haven´t been subjected to this exact thing for years. I lost the count to how many times Ash and TR were slandered during the last few years and people activelly wanted the anime to get cancelled. This is just a cycle.

Now I´m not gonna lie. I want the new anime to fail. To crash and explode like a dumpster fire. I honestly don´t really care about Ash, but Team Rocket are very dear and special to me. So seeing them leave like this is hard. Very hard. I´m not lying when I say that I really am excited for the new anime, especially since it appears to be more adventure («filler») based with less battles (don´t care about them), but to me this decision is still complete nonsense. Add to this the fandom´s hypocrisy that is getting umbearable. Just to give an example, I´ve seen fans wanting this series to go on for more than 26 years. The same fans who said Ash was around for too long.

Just to give another example. People love to bash TR for «stealing screentime». Ok. Than in their episode last week, they were hijacked by Latias, who took a large portion of their supposed episode.. Now, this was the «finale» of 26 year old characters who, despite what some fans like to think, are very popular, especially in Japan. However, those people are okay with a plot device introduced 11 episodes before the end of the series (and, as seen today, who amounted to nothing, «shocked Pikachu face») being more important than TR? Complete nonsense.

So I´m sorry for sounding salty, but I want this kind of fans to learn a lesson and because of that, no matter how much I will enjoy the new series, I hope it crashes and burns. What´s even more funny is, if that is the case, the coping will be unreal. For example, the weekly TV anime top tens were used by some fans to show the Ash anime was losing popularity. However, when it did turn out on the top 10, it would be deemed an outlier. Now, I´m sure those same fans will say that the times the new series won´t appear are the outliers and the times it does will be real. Ah, good times are about to come.

On an unrelated note, I find it strange that we still don´t have a solid grasp of what this series will even be about. Just generic descriptions for the characters. Also, the cast is just too big.

So yes, I´m salty. I´m salty that the XY like artstyle wasn´t used in SM and Journeys, but you see it being used in the new series. I´m salty that the anime appearently had so many production issues that they couldn´t even air an episode weekly or even give us semi-decent animation in the last 11 episodes, but apearently have time to prepare a 1h special with incredible and expensive and time consuming animation for the new series. And yes I´m salty I will lose TR and get some discount TR mimics.

P:S: These complains aren´t directed to people in this forum, just the fandom at large.

Yea, I find that it’s really not a good sign when you have 1000+ Pokémon to pick from and you choose to go with more Kanto Pokémon.
Debut region aside, couldn't they at least stick with Pokémon that can be found in the Paldea region for Pokémon partners? Golduck is one thing, but as far as I know Rhydon is absent from Scarlet and Violet. Shouldn't the Pokémon Company be prioritizing Pokémon that people can actually use in the latest games?

Back
Top Bottom