• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Horizons General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Lot´s of Ash´s companions had battles against TR and they didn´t have battle oriented goals.
Riko is the main character, it's silly to compare her chances to Mallow, etc.
And please refrain from calling someone prejudiced, because that has nothing to do with what I´m discussing.
Assuming worst on based on nothing is prejudice.

Nice to see more characters and specially antagonistic ones. They seem a little basic but they could turn out to be very interesting if they are focused on battle. I understand some could feel overwhelmed but I prefer that to the voids of secondary characters that were early XY and early Journeys.

The streamer could be Iono for all we know, but I doubt it will be a past character because of the VA. I'm glad Nidorina got some representation but...Bewear was right there.
Debut region aside, couldn't they at least stick with Pokémon that can be found in the Paldea region for Pokémon partners? Golduck is one thing, but as far as I know Rhydon is absent from Scarlet and Violet. Shouldn't the Pokémon Company be prioritizing Pokémon that people can actually use in the latest games?
It has happened before and with the protagonist. Ash's SM team couldn't be replicated in a single main series game until the Crown Tundra, and in Journeys Dragonite was also unavailable also until the Crown Tundra expansion. And let's not talk about how many regional dexes Kantonian Meowth skipped.

Nice to see more characters and specially antagonistic ones. They seem a little basic but they could turn out to be very interesting if they are focused on battle. I understand some could feel overwhelmed but I prefer that to the voids of secondary characters that were early XY and early Journeys.
The streamer could be Iono for all we know, but I doubt it will be a past character because of the VA. I'm glad Nidorina got some representation but...Bewear was right there.
It seems that the pendulum has swung in the opposite direction from too little characters with Journeys to an overwhelming number with this. Of course we never know just how relevant some of these characters will be. We could very well end up with a Sakuragi and his assistants scenario.
It has happened before and with the protagonist. Ash's SM team couldn't be replicated in a single main series game until the Crown Tundra, and in Journeys Dragonite was also unavailable also until the Crown Tundra expansion. And let's not talk about how many regional dexes Kantonian Meowth skipped.
To be fair, Ash’s entire team sans Melmetal were availability in SM and even Melmetal made its debut in Gen 7 with Let’s Go so that served as advertisement for that game. As for his Journeys team, the writers didn’t seem to actually care about being set to a single Gen and basically just gave him the wish fulfillment team with a dash of Galar.

I think some of y'all jump in conclusion way too early. We still don't know the motives of some newly introduced characters, and we still don't know much of anything about the new series' structure. I find it a little odd to have such obvious and concrete assumptions and conclusions regarding the new series while we have not that much information to work on. I cannot take all these sharp accusations all that seriously before we actually see a portion of the new series just yet.

Ignoring the newest games twice in a row makes me wonder if the Anime staff are on shaky terms with the game developers at this point and this is their way of quietly protesting.
I doubt the anime staff has a grunge against the game department or something like that. We have characters returning in JN more loyal to their game counterparts than their anime-selves from the past. Iris becoming a champion, Gary wearing his HG/SS outfit, Lt. Surge having his LGPE outfit in the flashback, Misty wearing her LGPE jacket in the snowy episode, there are still many connections to the games from the new series at the cost of changing anime characters' goals drastically if needed. But from now on they want to shape up the most characters independent from the games and be original. I believe that may be because the writers want to be more creative and flexible with the plots they are going to write instead of letting the games influence their writing decisions.

Last edited:
Riko is the main character, it's silly to compare her chances to Mallow, etc.

Assuming worst on based on nothing is prejudice.
You definetely dont know what prejudice is. I have suffered prejudice my entire life. When I was a kid for beinh fat and a geek. Even now I still suffer it daily, so please dont use words you dont know the true meaning of.

What I am doing is definetelt an assumption but so are you. Tell me one single confirmed information about the new series that points to Riko having a battle oriented goal. You cant, can you? So just like me youre making assumptions, that honestly is everything we can do right now. But in my opinion, from the information we have (that is ridiculously sparse) I have more reasons to beliebe she wont have a battle oriented goal, wich is perfectly fine by me.

You definetely dont know what prejudice is.
Prejudice: Preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.
What I am doing is definetelt an assumption but so are you.
No, I'm not making any assumptions, from my point of view (based on my experiences as a fan) anything can happen in this anime.
Iris becoming a champion, Gary wearing his HG/SS outfit, Lt. Surge having his LGPE outfit in the flashback, Misty wearing her LGPE jacket
Dawn's eye colour.

If Liko does have a battle oriented goal, I’d like the battles to be exciting and keep you on the edge of your seat. Or if she doesn’t have one or does not enjoy battling, I’d want to see her in a situation where she has to battle to save her friends. (That one might be a bit to cliche though as there have been very similar cases such as with Ruby from the manga, Lillie, and Chloe)

If none of that, the thing I want most from Liko is a fresh character that’s interesting.

If none of that, the thing I want most from Liko is a fresh character that’s interesting.

Me too. For all the early talk of "Oh, she must be this character's daughter," that doesn't say anything about the actual Liko. That's focusing on the past, not the present.

YES! A new trailer. I was so hoping we'd another soon, but I honestly wasn't sure if it would happen. I'm so HYPED! Finally we got a little glimpse of Roy. I'm so curious about so much going on here, but hopefully they'll explain more in the hour long special on Apr 7th. Sprigatito looks so cute with Liko. I'm so curious about Fuecoco and Quaxly, since this trailer showed Fuecoco on Friede's ship, and later with Roy, then showed Quaxly with our Nidorina streamer friend, yet all of the posters and such imply Fuecoco and Quaxly will be part of the main cast. Also, it looks like Liko's pendant allows Pokemon to Terastalize outside of Paldea? Now I'm wondering more about Roy's strange Pokeball. Either way, I'm beyond excited. April 14th can't get here fast enough! :bulbaLove:

Also, glad to finally get the official name. I like Pokemon Horizons. It fits nicely.

I don't want to be that person who is "new bad, old is good". So I will give this a chance. But the idea of the anime without Ash feels souless to me. I hope i'm proven wrong, but I just don't think the anime can prosper without Ash.

I'm pretty sure it's the end of the first episode or the start of the second.

The other events shown could easily happen in one episode.
Why would they only show scenes from the first episode when it's a trailer for a 1 hour special? And no way they put all these scenes on a single 20 minutes episode.

Back
Top Bottom