• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Horizons General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Fair, I was treating the "hour one special" thing as a single episode but judging by the other thread it does appear that they might be counted separately in the long run. :unsure:
Yeah, for an example, the first three episodes of DP aired together.

Why would they only show scenes from the first episode when it's a trailer for a 1 hour special? And no way they put all these scenes on a single 20 minutes episode.

Well, my theory is that Roy's appearance on the trailer is at the start of the second episode.

The synopsis for the first episode already cover Liko being followed by a suspicious group of people. So, I think we will see Liko bonding with Sprigatito and fighting Amethyo in the first episode.

PS: I think you're undersdestimating the amount of things they can show in one episode.

I was not expecting the dub name for the series yet, but Horizons is pretty fitting. It's an easier way to refer to the series than Pocket Monsters 2023, much like how I prefer to use Journeys when talking about Pocket Monsters 2019. It was a nice trailer. I liked getting to see a bit more of Roy and Fuecoco, easily my favorite of the Paldea starters. Quaxly showing up with the Nidorina streamer is kind of weird when I thought it would be featured with Roy based on the posters. Liko's pendent possibly causing the Shiny Rayquaza to terasilized was interesting too.

While it was already pretty likely before, this does confirm that it will be another world tour series. That is a huge red flag for me when the world tour format was easily one of my biggest problems with Journeys. It's entirely possible that Horizons can handle the concept better, but I don't have a lot of faith on that right now. Even without that in mind, I'm just not sure what is the appeal of seeing brand new characters travel around the world when they're seemingly brand new trainers. Having them travel around the world doesn't really have the same kind of appeal as Ash being able to visit places he hadn't been to in a long time. I'm just not excited for them to potentially skip out on featuring new locations, Pokemon and characters in favor of showcasing older regions and Pokemon, most of which have already had their time in the spotlight. At least the most recent poster showcased a decent amount of Paldea Pokemon and the Paldea starters have been at the center of the promotion for this series, which gives me hope that they won't ignore the Paldea Pokemon like they did with Galar Pokemon.

I'm still willing to give the series a chance and ideally, it will work out fine, but I don't have a lot of confidence in another world tour format right after Journeys.

Nidorina streamer might become a main character in mid-season, like how Super Sentai and Mahou Shoujo shows add new characters to already established teams, which would make it a trio of main characters.

Horizons is a nice dub title and while I’m still keeping an open mind about this series, the world tour format sticking around when there’s plenty of SV material to work with and Liko also having a disobedient Pokémon in her first episode like Ash did in his is slightly concerning to me. Like I said before, I just hope they don’t copy and paste several of his story beats onto her in an effort of trying to reduce the impact of him leaving.

I also hope that Kanto won’t be home base again with Liko going to a boarding school there.

Horizons is a nice dub title and while I’m still keeping an open mind about this series, the world tour format sticking around when there’s plenty of SV material to work with and Liko also having a disobedient Pokémon in her first episode like Ash did in his is slightly concerning to me. Like I said before, I just hope they don’t copy and paste several of his story beats onto her in an effort of trying to reduce the impact of him leaving.

I also hope that Kanto won’t be home base again with Liko going to a boarding school there.
I thought the home base was the airship?

The airship is likely the home base.

People are just scared, because Liko's school being on Kanto creates another connection eith that region.
Is the Kanto school thing confirmed? I thought she was from Paldea.

At least this confirms that despite the boarding school being in Kanto, Liko is from an another region. So, other characters from other regions could still attend. Just like the SV games, because that school also had people from other places come there.

I wouldn't be surprised if the school in Kanto becomes a prominent location. While the airship will likely be the home base, I also have a hard time imagining that this school location for Liko would be just used once or at least gone completely by the time she and Roy start their journey. If that is the case, that would make it more annoying to have it set in Kanto instead of Paldea.

I like that our new mascot is a cat Pokémon. When I was a kid I wanted Skitty to replace Pikachu so badly lol. I hope they manage to give Sprigatito a fun personality.

I miss OG fat Pikachu who had a sassy personality. He felt so bland in later seasons, so if there is one thing I'm truly a Genwunner about it would be the characterization of Pikachu.

Nobody mentions Liko apparently had the choice between Oshawott and Sprigatito and we later see her battling the Oshawott trainer with Sprigatito. So their might actually be another character who got the Fire type choice, but we don't see them because they aren't important just yet (But can become important, maybe Roy's rival). Now this is only an assumption on my part... since another possibility is that because its a school... the trainer doesn't choose the type... but the type gets assigned to you based on your personality test.

I have a feeling Roy is actually related to someone in the investigation team.

can't remember where exactly but yeah it was. Liko is from Paldea but is in a boarding school in Kanto.
I wouldn't be surprised if the school in Kanto becomes a prominent location. While the airship will likely be the home base, I also have a hard time imagining that this school location for Liko would be just used once or at least gone completely by the time she and Roy start their journey. If that is the case, that would make it more annoying to have it set in Kanto instead of Paldea.
What’s this writer’s obsession with sticking to Kanto and pushing aside the latest region? I could understand not wanting to 100% copy the games, but it really seems like the writers are just trying to copy Journeys with a brand new cast at this point. If they were going to do the same formula, then I’d rather they just extend Journeys rather than get rid of Ash and Goh just because.

Speaking of which, is the school at least an established location that isn’t Viridian City?

Back
Top Bottom