• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Horizons General Discussion/Speculation Thread

I must say, I really hope Horizons handles Pokemon captures well. I know it's pretty early to talk about this considering we only know of Liko and Roy getting Sprigatito and Fuecoco right now, but it's still on my mind. I think my issue is that a lot of past series really had captures going all over the place.

I mean no series has been perfect, but I think Hoenn and Sinnoh were at least semi-decent in growing the Pokemon roster . But I think things started going a bit downhill from Unova onwards. In Unova, Ash was making catches left and right, had a full team by the 18th episode, and still wound up catching more Pokemon. Meanwhile Cilan and Iris barely caught anything. Heck Cilan's last capture was in episode 32. Then we have series like Sun and Moon were Ash's friends only had like 1 or 2 Pokémon each. Even Ash's team was pretty stagnant for a while before they threw the Ultra Beast and Mythical on his team. Kalos also had a huge gap with no captures. I just would like to see something more balanced from Horizons.

Between both Liko and Roy, I hope there will be a good amount of catches for both of them. Honestly, considering the premise of this show, I could actually see both protagonists catching more than a full team . Overall, I'm PRAYING that most of their most prominent catches (however many that may be) will be new Pokémon. Considering how poorly the Gen 8 roster got handled in Journeys, I don't want a repeat of that and I hope they'll prioritize Paldean Pokémon for Roy and Liko. Though honestly speaking, I truly wouldn't mind them getting at least one Galar Pokémon each (if not more), since they were so shafted in Journeys.

But since we're seeing more Paldean Pokemon in the spotlight now than we saw in early Journeys, I'm gonna hope for the best for Liko and Roy's teams.

Hello! I'm new!
I haven't seen the Pokemon anime since XY, Pokemon Horizons looks really good and I'm excited. Liko looks so cute and I can't wait to meet her. In my opinion she will stay for a long time (several years at least) as a main character. We can see that Liko is more important than Roy.

Hello! I'm new!
I haven't seen the Pokemon anime since XY, Pokemon Horizons looks really good and I'm excited. Liko looks so cute and I can't wait to meet her. In my opinion she will stay for a long time (several years at least) as a main character. We can see that Liko is more important than Roy.
I wouldn't say she is more important than Roy, just based on the fact we have not seen any clips of him yet. Look at Brock and Misty in the Kanto Saga. Brock showed up 4 episodes after Ash met Misty, who started traveling with him in episode 2.

Hello! I'm new!
Welcome (back)

I wouldn't say she is more important than Roy, just based on the fact we have not seen any clips of him yet. Look at Brock and Misty in the Kanto Saga. Brock showed up 4 episodes after Ash met Misty, who started traveling with him in episode 2.
Well, Liko and Roy aren't like Brock and Misty who were roughly equal in importance. Here we can see that Liko appears first and she is also more infront in the posters, Roy is further behind. Her story will be more important to the plot, she is the only one who can summon Shiny Rayquaza and that is why they are trying to kidnap her. Roy's importance is second. In general they are both main characters, but Liko is more like Ash and Roy is more like Goh.

Well, Liko and Roy aren't like Brock and Misty who were roughly equal in importance. Here we can see that Liko appears first and she is also more infront in the posters, Roy is further behind. Her story will be more important to the plot, she is the only one who can summon Shiny Rayquaza and that is why they are trying to kidnap her. Roy's importance is second. In general they are both main characters, but Liko is more like Ash and Roy is more like Goh.
We don't know if the Explorers are trying to kidnap Liko. It's possible they only want her mysterious pendant.

Roy has the mysterious Pokeball, so it's pretty likely he will have a big relevance in the plot too.

We don't know if the Explorers are trying to kidnap Liko. It's possible they only want her mysterious pendant.

Roy has the mysterious Pokeball, so it's pretty likely he will have a big relevance in the plot too.
Eh. Kidnapping would make it easier for them to get the pendant. Sure, they could just have their Pokemon knock her out and then take the pendant.

Eh. Kidnapping would make it easier for them to get the pendant. Sure, they could just have their Pokemon knock her out and then take the pendant.
The thing is, maybe only she can activate the pendant, so if they want to activate it they have to kidnap her with the pendant.

I didn't say that the pokeball wouldn't be important, but compared to Liko and her pendant, the pokeball has no special power that is probably controlled by whoever holds it. I believe the pendant only works when it's on Liko, the pokeball has a different purpose.

I have a theory: the pendant summons Shiny Rayquaza, so maybe the pokeball is for catching him. And if Liko happens to bond with this Pokemon, she won't want Roy to catch it. But that's just a thought.

True. There is that possibility. Of course, it could just be a Tera Crystal that anyone could use.
That is true, but it is much more special and may have been passed down from generation to generation in her family only they can activate the pendant.

That is true, but it is much more special and may have been passed down from generation to generation in her family only they can activate the pendant.
There is also the possibility that that is not the case. Perhaps her mother got it somewhere (like Professor Sada/Turo) and she gave it to Liko.

I have a theory: the pendant summons Shiny Rayquaza, so maybe the pokeball is for catching him. And if Liko happens to bond with this Pokemon, she won't want Roy to catch it. But that's just a thought.
That could make for a good twist and produce some natural tension between the two if the writers want there to be a conflict between the two of them at some point.

I’m genuinely interested in this new series. At first I didn’t think I would watch it, but with each new reveal I’ve become more interested. Cool looking new characters, intriguing plot points (the pendant and the pokeball) and the flying ship (which I liked a lot) got my attention.

Hopefully she can manage to get Sarah to voice someone, doesn't have to be the leads.

I know Sarah Natochenny voices Chansey, and we know we have a recurring character on the new series (Mollie) that owns a Chansey. So there’s a good possibility she’ll be reprising that role.

Also in the past she has stated that she wanted to voice Litten since she has a big love for cats. Maybe there’s a possibility that she can voice Sprigatito.

Okay, time for my last big prediction before the deep dive on Friday.

I think that Liko, Roy, and the crew's first big "mission" (for lack of a better term) in the series will be to go to Paldea and learn about the Terastal Phenomenon. Considering that Liko's pendant seems to have a lot of focus in the first few episodes and that we can see that it is able to Terastallize a Pokémon outside of Paldea, I think they're going to want to figure out why that is. Of course, this is mainly assuming they're following game lore where Terastallization is only possible in Paldea. But even if they aren't, I feel like they'll still want to go to Paldea since Terastallization is associated with that region and they'll want to learn more about the pendant either way.

Now I will say, I don't believe they'll just head straight from Kanto to Paldea. I feel like they're going to want to emphasize the region hopping aspect, so I could see them stopping in a region or two for some episodes before they get to Paldea. Honestly, I wouldn't mind that (cough*especially if they go to Galar *cough), especially since, let's be real, they can still show Paldean Pokémon outside of the region. I think the biggest issue with Journeys was the fact that they rarely showed any Galarian Pokémon outside of Galar. Here, we're already seeing the 3 Paldean starters and Ceruledge in the first few Kanto episodes, and we can guess Friede has a Pawmi on his airship based on the poster. So they're already approaching Horizons better in terms of the 'all regions' adventure here and giving Paldean Pokemon their much needed spotlight. If they can just show a few new Pokémon in most locations, I think that would make up for Paldea not being the main setting. But overall, I do still think that Paldea has a chance of being treated much better than Galar in Journeys since we're getting way more focus on its elements right off the bat.

Okay, time for my last big prediction before the deep dive on Friday.

I think that Liko, Roy, and the crew's first big "mission" (for lack of a better term) in the series will be to go to Paldea and learn about the Terastal Phenomenon. Considering that Liko's pendant seems to have a lot of focus in the first few episodes and that we can see that it is able to Terastallize a Pokémon outside of Paldea, I think they're going to want to figure out why that is. Of course, this is mainly assuming they're following game lore where Terastallization is only possible in Paldea. But even if they aren't, I feel like they'll still want to go to Paldea since Terastallization is associated with that region and they'll want to learn more about the pendant either way.

Now I will say, I don't believe they'll just head straight from Kanto to Paldea. I feel like they're going to want to emphasize the region hopping aspect, so I could see them stopping in a region or two for some episodes before they get to Paldea. Honestly, I wouldn't mind that (cough*especially if they go to Galar *cough), especially since, let's be real, they can still show Paldean Pokémon outside of the region. I think the biggest issue with Journeys was the fact that they rarely showed any Galarian Pokémon outside of Galar. Here, we're already seeing the 3 Paldean starters and Ceruledge in the first few Kanto episodes, and we can guess Friede has a Pawmi on his airship based on the poster. So they're already approaching Horizons better in terms of the 'all regions' adventure here and giving Paldean Pokemon their much needed spotlight. If they can just show a few new Pokémon in most locations, I think that would make up for Paldea not being the main setting. But overall, I do still think that Paldea has a chance of being treated much better than Galar in Journeys since we're getting way more focus on its elements right off the bat.

I have a feeling first three or four episodes are Kanto ones... just to set up Liko and Roy on their 'home turf' so to speak.

Back
Top Bottom