• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Horizons General Discussion/Speculation Thread

My hopes for Liko's and Roy's captures:

Liko.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Sprigatito --> Floragato --> Meowscarda.
  • Wattrel --> Kilowattrel.
  • Fidough --> Dachsbun.
  • Quaxly --> Quaxwell --> Quaquaval.
  • Charcadet --> Armarouge.
  • Annihilape.
  • Iron Valiant.

Roy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Fuecoco --> Crocolor --> Skeledirge.
  • Pawmi --> Pawmo --> Pawmot.
  • Maschiff --> Mabosstiff.
  • Wooper --> Clodsire.
  • Nacli --> Naclstack --> Garganacl.
  • Cetitan.
  • Roaring Moon.

Sprigatito for Liko is obligatory. My hope is that Quaxly ends up with Liko. My ultimate hope is that all three starters evolve for once. I think Wattrel would be a good first official capture for Liko and having that early bird has almost always been a staple (disregarding SM & JN). I also think Fidough/Dachsbun would just be cute and fun for the main cast. The fact that Liko's rival/antagonist has a Ceruledge makes me think she'll capture a Charcadet that she'll evolve into Ceruledge's counterpat, Armarouge. Annihilape is a fun callback to Ash's Primeape. She could encounter it as a Primeape and it evolves into the much more dangerous Annihilape in their encounter like Mankey evolved into Primeape.

Again, Fuecoco is obligatory for Roy. I would like Pawmi to end up with Roy. We see that there is a Pawmi on the Rising Volt Tacklers' airship, so I could see this being a Rockruff situation where we think it belongs to Friede or does but ends up with Roy anyways. I could see it evolving fully fairly fast, also I just like Pawmot. I could see Roy getting the much more rambunctious dog in Maschiff in comparison to Liko. Wooper and Clodsire are just funny. I feel like Garganacl would be a nice change of pace considering Pokemon are fast and agile typically get the most focus. I could see Cetitan being a fairly late capture that's already evolved.

And I gave them both Paradox Pokémon as their final, near-end-of-series captures to show how far they've come.

This is all assuming that they only capture Paldean Pokemon and not older generation ones because then it would be sort of impossible to make any predictions.

Last edited:
I personally hope that Liko has a theme for her team. Since there’s a high probability of giving Liko an Eevee due to the current writers wanting to give the secondary mascot to somewhat-important (relative to the other cast members) females, I can see there being two themes for our new character: cat lady or mystery/secret.

For the cat lady thing, it could be a running gag that Liko happens to catch mostly feline ‘mons which Roy could make fun of. Her roster could look something like this:
  • Sprigatito --> Floragato --> Meowscarada
  • Eevee --> Espeon
  • Skitty --> Delcatty
  • Espurr --> Meowstic
  • Galarian Meowth --> Perrserker
  • Glameow --> Purugly
For the mystery/secret thing, this would give Liko Pokémon that are somewhat mysterious and/or varying degrees of mystical in their own ways. This possible roster and the reasons behind it are as follows:
  • Sprigatito --> Floragato --> Meowscarada: It’s final evolution is a reference to stage magicians, and a magician never reveals their secrets.
  • Eevee --> Espeon OR Eevee --> LGPE Eevee that can Gigantamax: Since Liko will most likely battle more than other females in the past two series (SM and Journeys), I can’t see any Eevee given to Liko as staying the same just to retread the "What will Eevee evolve into?" subplot without any payoff. Thus, there are two options we can take here to correct this:
    • Liko's Eevee evolves into Espeon to serve as a foil to Meowscarada; it uses genuine mystic powers rather than the latter's parlor tricks.
    • Liko's Eevee doesn't evolve due to secondary mascot status, but it ends up growing stronger in spite of not evolving unlike the previous unevolved Eevee whose growth was stunted for marketability reasons. How you ask? Through the LGPE-exclusive special moves and the Gigantamax form that they failed to show during the tenure of the previous series of course! This would actually work for an Eevee that wants to evolve but is having trouble doing so. However, even when the mystery behind this is that it can't it still tries to get the powers of its evolutions through standard "power of friendship" fair that's common to the anime. The downside to this is that we'll have to listen to those bad baby-named moves in the English dub, but it would be a small price to pay for making sure Eevee isn't wasting space on Liko's team. Plus said moves are very OP.
  • Charcadet --> Armarouge: Like others in this thread have mentioned, Liko having a Charcadet that evolves into an Armarouge would be a great parallel to Amethyo having Ceruledge. As for how it fits this theme, the mystery would be the answer of what path Charcadet will end up taking. In addition, Psychic-type Pokémon are known for being mysterious and mystical in nature.
  • Golett --> Golurk: This would be a good fit for Liko because it embodies the spirit (pun intended) of what Pokémon Horizons is all about. Golett and its evolution are clay golems infused with spiritual power that acted as the guardians of ancient civilizations, and Pokémon Horizons is all about uncovering the mysteries of the Pokémon World. It's perfect for a member of the main cast for this very reason!
  • Finizen --> Palafin: This Pokémon and its odd nature is not only a Gen 9 native Paldean Pokémon, but it also "evolves without evolving" as a prominent leaker once put it. The reason Liko would get this Pokémon should be pretty obvious: study Finizen's odd evolution Palafin and uncover its transformation. This would also be a running gag as the crew would fail to catch Palafin in the act of transforming.
  • Toedscool -->Toedscruel: Liko's going to school in Kanto and is a Paldean native, and the Toedscool line looks like the Tentacool line that's been present since the Kanto days. Given that Pokémon's already done a look at this with the Wiglett line, now's the chance to do the same with the Toedscool line with our crew studying the ways the two species differ from each other.

When it comes to Roy, I think his team should revolve around battling given his goal is to battle legendaries. Given his background, I could see Roy with the following team:
  • Fuecoco --> Crocalor --> Skeledirge: Given Roy's Fuecoco is said to love singing and its final evolution being known for singing, this is practically a setup for Roy's starter to fully evolve. It seems like a pretty good Pokémon to use in battling as well.
  • Spearow --> Fearow: Roy's a Kanto native and the Spearow line is as well. However, the actual reason behind it actually comes from a Pokédex entry from Pokémon Moon which states that "Drawings of a Pokémon resembling Fearow can be seen in murals from deep in ancient history." Given this is a world tour series, this sounds like something Friede's crew would want to investigate, and Roy would be more enthusiastic towards the prospect if he himself had a Fearow of his own. Either that, or it inspires Roy to get one under the impression that he thinks its strength can rival that of legends. Cue either a rude awakening or Roy being determined to prove his hypothesis correct! Alternatively, his bird slot could go to…
  • Murkrow --> Honchkrow: Here's a fun fact; not only is the Murkrow line found in Paldea, but Murkrow itself is one of the few Johto Pokémon to be found exclusively in the Kanto region back in the days of the original Gold/Silver. This was somewhat alleviated in HGSS with the Johto Safari Zone, but that isn't exactly the same as finding it in the wild. Due to Roy being from Kanto, having him catch a Murkrow during his time there would be a fun reference to that fact.
  • Scyther --> Kleavor: Yet another Pokémon found in the Kanto region, this one is less for nostalgia purposes and more so because of the existence of Kleavor. Given the crew’s focus, they’d probably want to investigate the history of Hisui, which would lead to the topic of the Noble Pokémon. Since Kleavor served as one of those Nobles, it’s a no brainer that Roy would want one on his team.
  • Tentacool --> Tentacruel: You can blame me giving Liko a Toedscruel for this one, as it’s basically only on here as a contrast to Roy’s fellow co-protag. Alternatively, his Water-type slot could go to…
  • Wiglett --> Wugtrio: This serves the same purpose contrasting Liko and Roy by giving each of them one of the two convergent Pokémon evolutionary lines. Also, Wiglett is a Paldean Pokémon that got a special promotion; there’s no way TPC would let OLM pass up this opportunity to shill it some more. It helps that Wugtrio’s length and the aggression of said species could be used to Roy’s advantage battle-wise, which I think is useful for to get certain roaming Pokémon to stay still for a battle.
  • (Former) Titian Orthworm: In the same vain as Kleavor, I’d give Roy the (former) Titan Orthworm found in Paldea on Arven’s route. There’s no way Roy would pass up the opportunity to battle and tame such a strong ally. Orthworm’s ability also makes Groudon tremble in fear!
  • Roaring Moon OR Iron Valiant: One of the most powerful non-legendary Paradox Pokémon has to go someone. Why not the person who enjoys battling the most of the new main cast?
I’m sure there’s more, especially with other characters, but my post’s pretty long as it is.

A new Pokemon Manga based on the upcoming new TV Anime, by Kahori Orito, will start in the upcoming Ciao issue 6/2023 out May, 2. Title : "Pokemon! : "Liko no Takaramono" Image © Shogakukan, Nintendo, Creatures, GAME FREAK, TV Tokyo, ShoPro, JR Kikaku, Pokemon, Kahori Orito

FsvP1vHaAAASzv0.jpg

A new Pokemon Manga based on the upcoming new TV Anime, by Kahori Orito, will start in the upcoming Ciao issue 6/2023 out May, 2. Title : "Pokemon! : "Liko no Takaramono" Image © Shogakukan, Nintendo, Creatures, GAME FREAK, TV Tokyo, ShoPro, JR Kikaku, Pokemon, Kahori Orito

View attachment 169467
Takaramono supposedly translates to treasure. I guess this is referring to her pendant or something else.

I found a translation for the opening song of Pokemon Horizons (as you will notice, it's all about Liko)

I'm starting to take a ride on this heart-pounding wave
I'll go far, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

There's a lot of things I can't really put into words
Things that make me sad, always troubling my heart
But somehow I'll know I'll shine on today
Look at the flowers blooming, now it's time to play!

I'm running through a white fog everyday
Nothing more priceless than what I'm looking for (uh)
It's this super-duper energetic-looking diary
But I said, "what's this?" and then I threw it away
No way, no way, no way, no way, no...

My heart was so dark and empty then
Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
But now I know I can change "No way" to "It's possible"
Floating around on this feel-good wind
Even if it's gonna be really super tough
I'll try my best to fly!

And so, I'm riding on this heart-pounding wave!
But I'm sure that, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
I won't let stories I don't get scare me
In my sparkling daydreams, the world starts to dance!
So let's smile, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Because there's no time to be afraid, yeah
I just wanna know myself!
Because there's still a lot, a lot, a lot I don't know, know, know, know
I just wanna find myself!
If I can find it in myself to say "I'm off now"
Then I guess I'll know I've grown up a bit, yeah

I'm nervous, so I'll take a deep breath
Everything feels like it's becoming way harder
There are no dreams written in my boring handwriting
Hey, I think I found the "me" that I hate

Wrapping myself in a black fog everyday
Getting stuck in the rain, I just wanna go home (oh)
Back to my super-duper energetic-looking diary
Getting excited now, and I'm running off into...
Oh well, oh well, oh well, oh well, oh

Racing around, my heart is pounding
Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh, I don't wanna lose my favorite accessories
Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh, there's still so many things that I have yet to learn, yeah
Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh, I wanna feel like this, always forever
I just wanna shine just like that star (ah)

I'm being captivated by this heart-pounding wave!
I knew it, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
It's all the fault of the answerless world I'm living in
Even if my future's super great, I'm not gonna change
So I'll yell "yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah"
I'm just gonna be me!
Before I get off this heart-pounding wave
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
I'm waiting for my unknown story to be told, now
If I'm a little brave, who knows what I can change!

And hey, there's a really important story I gotta tell
About how I'm looking for something that's not quite here

The official anime twitter uploaded some more art of Liko's pendant. I wonder if we'll get some more art for Roy's mysterious Poke Ball too?

I feel like the point at the bottom is the important part, because it's not there on Tera Orb Crystals.
Not sure what specifically it would do though.

I wonder if Liko will resemble Lillie as a character. The lyrics seem to focus a lot on Liko not liking herself and her heart being "dark". Maybe she will have similar issues with anxiety that Lillie had and has to overcome them as the story progresses. A slightly darker anime would be cool, since SV got a bit dark in Area Zero with the professor's death and Arven's grief.

I wonder if Liko will resemble Lillie as a character. The lyrics seem to focus a lot on Liko not liking herself and her heart being "dark". Maybe she will have similar issues with anxiety that Lillie had and has to overcome them as the story progresses. A slightly darker anime would be cool, since SV got a bit dark in Area Zero with the professor's death and Arven's grief.
I agree. She is not afraid of Pokemon, but according to the lyrics of the song she may have things in her character that are flawed, which is great because no one wants a perfect character. People connect more to a character that is not perfect because they can relate. She doesn't like herself, she has anxieties about what she's going to find out, and she has a "darker" side, maybe tantrums? There is a picture of her with an angry look. So far it seems that her character will be more complex.

First manga images from Liko's manga (not fanarts), looks cute.
It can be seen from a scene where she leaves her house, and again I don't see parents, I only see her Fidough. I really think she is an orphan.

53.jpg
54.jpg
55.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks Liko is an orphan? Until now there is no information about her parents, only about her grandmother and her teacher.
I felt like it was her mother/parent talking to her about that pendant in the scene. But maybe it was her grandma.

But in all honesty, it doesn’t give off the feeling of what an orphan is. I feel like an orphan is someone who doesn’t have a parental figure. I think a grandma who looks after the person counts as a parental figure

Back
Top Bottom