• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Horizons General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Her parents may be simply away from home. It's somehow very common in children's anime for kids to stay with older relatives or caretakers.

Many ask themselves why Liko could not study at a school in Paladea. Why in Kanto? Maybe the school in Paladea is expensive, what could be the reason? Maybe Liko want find something in Kanto related to what she is looking for, at least start there.

Considering that money rarely comes up in the anime, I highly doubt that she didn't go to school in Paldea because it was too expensive. I think only Team Rocket ever really brought up money issues. Ash and his friends could get whatever they needed without worrying about money. I don't think that's going to become more of an issue now with Liko and Roy.

Considering that money rarely comes up in the anime, I highly doubt that she didn't go to school in Paldea because it was too expensive. I think only Team Rocket ever really brought up money issues. Ash and his friends could get whatever they needed without worrying about money. I don't think that's going to become more of an issue now with Liko and Roy.
So I guess the reason is probably related to the pendant. There are many things not understood yet, very soon we will know everything.

Just because money rarely shows up in the anime does not mean it does not exist. They just never really had a need to show the characters buying stuff.
I never said about money not existing in the anime. It obviously does. My point is that money has never really been an issue for Ash and his friends, so I don't think that they'll use money to explain why Liko is going to school in Kanto instead of Paldea. That wouldn't even make much sense anyway considering that going to out of state schools typically are more expensive than going to schools in one's state/country too.

I never said about money not existing in the anime. It obviously does. My point is that money has never really been an issue for Ash and his friends, so I don't think that they'll use money to explain why Liko is going to school in Kanto instead of Paldea. That wouldn't even make much sense anyway considering that going to out of state schools typically are more expensive than going to schools in one's state/country too.
Must have not really read your post when I made mine. My bad.

According to Liko's manga, it appears that she leaves Paladea in tears. She didn't want to leave. I wonder why she had to leave her home. Until she meets Sprigatito she looks sad, he seems to have made her smile more.

New Pokémon Horizons Episode Title (Sources by TV Osaka)
14th April: HZ 1 Hour Special - “Pendant of beginning!”

Last day before the deep dive. Time to post my final hopes and expectations for the special.

Hopes:
-More information on Liko and Roy. I really hope we can learn a bit more about the protagonists. Their personalities, their specific goals, anything. I just want to know more about them. Considering Liko and Roy's voice actresses are going to be there as guests, I'm hoping we'll get something new about them. Hell, even just new footage would be cool.
-More information on the cast starters. We've really not see much of them yet and the official site only really notes them in terms of their species characteristics. It would just be nice to see some more footage of them and learn a little of their personalities.

And...that's about it. Seriously, those are the only things I really hope to see.

Expectations: Sadly, my fears are that it'll be almost entirely a recap with information we've already seen before. The summary implies new footage will be shown though, so fingers crossed. If I expect the worst, at least I can't be disappointed.

Either way, still excited for tomorrow and of course the series start next week!

New Pokémon Horizons Episode Title (Sources by Karubii) 21st April: HZ02 - “If it's Sprigatito, surely!” Summary TBC.

I don't understand... She's not gonna choose Sprigatito in 14st April?

Back
Top Bottom