• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Horizons General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Although I'm still holding off for a bit, I'm happy to hear that this new series is already going down pretty well with a lot of people. Might just convince me to get back into the groove and watch it.

Here's hoping that this series can keep up being good unlike with JN which was pure mediocrity or rubbish with a few good episodes and some very small highs.

The series itself seems fine (it's not going to take a whole lot to be better than JN lmao) but man I am not a fan of the opening at all :( People seem to really love it so I was excited to give it a listen but I honestly find it really boring. Not a huge deal but it's disappointing since I love most of the Japanese openings.

The style of the song Dokimeki Diary isn't for everyone. For me it's fine, but I thought the opening's visuals could've been better to be honest. I'm gonna check out the premiere in full a little later, but from what I've heard so far, Horizons sounds great. I just hope the anime community keeps their expectations in check this time around. For all we know the earlier episodes could be a giant first impression. Most fans loved the second episode of Journeys and we all know how mixed that series' reception turned out to be in the end but we'll see what happens.

I love the series' BGM so far and hope that Sony Music Japan will continue to release it like they did with Journeys' OST.

I don't mind the opening. It doesn't necessarily stand out to me though, particularly when you compare it to the other openings, but it was enjoyable. I wonder if there's a chance the English dub will modernize things a bit and not change the score/opening and ending credits like they've done in the past, but I suppose we'll see in a few months.

I'm kind of relieved that I'm not the only one who wasn't into the opening theme. It isn't bad by any means, but after hearing a fair bit of praise for it since the music festival a couple of weeks ago, I was expecting something more than that. It doesn't really come off as catchy or particularly noteworthy. It's serviceable as an opening song, but doesn't really come off as anything more than that. The visuals are pretty nice though. They also show Quaxly on the airship with the crew after featuring it with Nidothing, which does make me wonder if it's the same Quaxly or if they'll just have a different Quaxly joining the crew at some point instead.

I haven't watched the episodes since I'll probably just wait for the dub like I normally do, but I'm glad that people seem to like it. I do hope that the fanbase keep their expectations in check as well since the series is bound to have its own fair share of problems down the road, if only because every series has flaws, but if people enjoy Horizons, then that's still fine of course. I'm also happy that they used the first episode to feature a new Pokemon. Not only because it looks cute, but that continues to give me hope that the ninth generation won't be largely ignored in Horizons like the eighth generation was in Journeys. I'm still less confident about them featuring characters and locations from Paldea, but featuring new Pokemon instead of mostly focusing on older Pokemon would still be a noticeable improvement.

I have to admit that the episodes exceeded all expectations. It was amazing, the OST was beautiful and impressive. I think this is an increase in the quality of the Pokemon series. Liko is a small but brave and smart girl, I really connected with her and want her to be well, she will be an excellent Protegonist. The opening was good, I like it. Most people really liked the first episodes and I hope it continues like that. I am very pleased.

Knowing that Liko's pendant is probably related to Terapagos, and by extension the Indigo Disk, I wonder if Roy's pokeball could be connected to the Teal Mask in some way?
I could see the "Pokemon from the legends" Roy wants to fight being Ogerpon rather than the shiny Rayquaza, especially if Kitakami is in Pokejapan like some people think.

In re-watching the previews, I'm wondering if the place where the Explorers are holding Sprigatito is on Roy's home Island. And if it is, maybe when the Volt Tacklers land there to get Sprigatito back, Fuecoco wanders off, which is how it runs into Roy and they end up meeting.

I'm still less confident about them featuring characters and locations from Paldea, but featuring new Pokemon instead of mostly focusing on older Pokemon would still be a noticeable improvement.
I'm actually curious as to why they created a new streamer character (Nidothing) instead of just using Iono, which would've been an easy confirmation that they'll also be showing off characters from Paldea. Two reasons I can think of:
  1. They want to have multiple streamer characters in the show so that they can interact with each other later on (competing for clout, doing collab streams together, etc.)
  2. They specifically wanted a new character who could also show off Quaxly. This leads me to believe that the Quaxly on the airship belongs to Nidothing, since they already went out of their way to create a character who's shown to be partnered with the duck.

I'm actually curious as to why they created a new streamer character (Nidothing) instead of just using Iono
The series has been relying on its own characters rather than using the game characters in the past two series. The explanation could be as simple as making an anime-exclusive character for the sake of it.

The series has been relying on its own characters rather than using the game characters in the past two series. The explanation could be as simple as making an anime-exclusive character for the sake of it.
Well yes, that's a very straightforward explanation for it, but I don't like the implications of that explanation considering how you referenced the way Journeys handled the Gen 8 characters. Really hope we don't get a repeat for that, hence why I think there's a reason for Nidothing's existence other than just being a replacement for Iono (i.e. being Quaxly's partner).

I'm actually curious as to why they created a new streamer character (Nidothing) instead of just using Iono, which would've been an easy confirmation that they'll also be showing off characters from Paldea. Two reasons I can think of:
  1. They want to have multiple streamer characters in the show so that they can interact with each other later on (competing for clout, doing collab streams together, etc.)
  2. They specifically wanted a new character who could also show off Quaxly. This leads me to believe that the Quaxly on the airship belongs to Nidothing, since they already went out of their way to create a character who's shown to be partnered with the duck.
I could see them having wanted to do the whole "Secret identity" thing with the streamer, which they couldn't with Iono because we already know that's just what she looks like.

Knowing that Liko's pendant is probably related to Terapagos, and by extension the Indigo Disk, I wonder if Roy's pokeball could be connected to the Teal Mask in some way?
I think Roy's mystery Pokéball is related to Rayquaza.

I'm mostly curious what they will do with Area Zero and the Paradox Pokémon. There is a theory that Terapagos is actually the one who summoned them. How would it affect Liko if her Pokémon is the one responsible for it? If there is no Turo/Sada what will the motivation be for summoning them in the first place? Or is that why the Explorers want Terapagos/ the pendant?

I'm calling it now. Mollie will be revealed to be a Nurse Joy. Pink hair, medical position, it all fits. Maybe something happened to drop her position or she wanted a life of adventure.

I'm probably wrong but we will wait to see if her backstory is revealed.

So far there are many interesting mysteries surrounding Liko, but Roy doesn’t seem to have much going on… I’m worried that he may end up being a flat character who just wants to battle legendary pokemon because he had some supernatural experience with a legendary pokemon as a kid… or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom