• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Horizons General Discussion/Speculation Thread

I think Mollie not wanting to go to the PC is more about her being a Nurse Joy relative who wants to do her own thing.

Liko's mother hired Friede to be the child's bodyguard. Friede decided to go to Paladea to ask Liko's mother's permission to take the girl with them to discover the secrets of the pendant (and he want money). I think Liko's family are rich and are hiding a secret about their daughter.

Maybe Liko was sent to Kanto in order to protect the pendant, but they didn’t tell her the hole story. Nevertheless, Amethio found her after the semester ended.

The plot can’t be about Amethio trying to get the pendant in every episode can it? So something needs to happen in order for this to stop. Maybe they successfully steal the pendant, but Liko or someone from her lineage are the only one’s with the ability to activate it’s power. Unless she possesses something the others don’t, like a pure heart or some other heroine tropes.

I've seen someone mention it before, but only after watching the third episode did I fully realize just how fitting yet hilarious it is that Goh's voice has now been immortalized as the Pokedex voice for the new series. It's not just for Liko's Pokedex either; I went back and watched the first episode and Ann's Pokedex had the exact same voice, so it seems like we'll be hearing Goh's voice from all of the Pokedexes in this series.

There is no escape.

I wonder how many of Liko and Roy’s Pokemon will be from previous generations? I think one of them will definitely get an Eevee
Please, dear god no! No more Eevees for main characters for a while! Let Friede or somebody, anybody else get one instead!

Please, dear god no! No more Eevees for main characters for a while! Let Friede or somebody, anybody else get one instead!
But what if Eevee evolves this time, though? Without Pikachu being on either character's main team, there are options for other Electric-type Pokémon, one of which being Jolteon, which from what I've heard, is a popular Electric-type Pokémon. I wouldn't mind seeing either Liko or Roy getting a Jolteon. And there are the other Eeveelutions as well, several of which are quite popular.

But what if Eevee evolves this time, though? Without Pikachu being on either character's main team, there are options for other Electric-type Pokémon, one of which being Jolteon, which from what I've heard, is a popular Electric-type Pokémon. I wouldn't mind seeing either Liko or Roy getting a Jolteon. And there are the other Eeveelutions as well, several of which are quite popular.
I don't know if I could see them evolving an Eevee at this point. Most of the Eeveelutions are popular in their own right, but Eevee has become a secondary mascot. They might be more willing to evolve an Eevee now than they have for the past couple of series, but I'm not too confident about that. While I like Jolteon, I think it would be rather boring for either Liko or Roy to get one, but I'd prefer for them to mainly have Paldea Pokemon as opposed to older Pokemon anyway.

I'm curious to see when the first captures will be. I do genuinely hope that most of Liko and Roy's captures will be Paldean Pokemon and any others will be saved for Friede. I'm seeing signs that things might be better for Paldea's Pokemon already, but I just hope it continues and Paldea's Pokemon don't suffer the same fate Galar's did in Journeys.

I'd be surprised if either Liko or Roy get that many more Pokemon. If the Rising Volt Tackler crew members are going to be more prominent characters, they already have quite a few Pokemon as part of the cast. They may be more support cast members compared to Liko and Roy, but they still may have more appearances and roles than the characters from the Cercise Labs for example. Plus, with how vague they've been about both of their goals, I don't see them getting full teams at the moment.

I'm sure that they'll capture some new Pokemon at some point. As much as I like Fuecoco and Sprigatito, it would be boring if those were their only Pokemon for the whole series, even if they do evolve. I could see them getting maybe two more Pokemon each for half a team, depending on what their goals are ultimately about. I wouldn't be against them having full teams, ideally with more Paldea Pokemon than from any of the other regions, but unless they have battle active goals, it would be difficult to showcase a full team.

I would hope Roy at least is battle active. That or he is absolutely destroyed by the legendary whenever he gets to fight it.
Because It would be dumb if he wins despite not battling much in the series.
There are some legendary Pokémon that can probably be caught without battling them. It’s actually be interesting to see that happen but not having it being done badly.

Though, I still think Roy shouldn’t just go battle a legendary and win without training. He needs to somehow fail. The journey is what makes the end more meaningful even if the end is quite meaningful all by itself.

It’d be fun to see him and Liko learn stuff together from the same level. (I think they have the same level of skill? There’s probably not enough evidence yet but there could be some information out there that confirms this that I don’t know)

Back
Top Bottom