• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Horizons General Discussion/Speculation Thread

It's nice to see that this series has already been going all in on Paldea and I had a feeling Iono was gonna show up eventually.

I could definitely see some competition going on between her and Nidothing.

Friede's getting a taste of the Terastal Phenomenon too going off of the preview and it also looks as if Liko's pendant will be stolen as well.

If we assume Iono and Friede vs Spinel are different eps, that means in addition to the picnic ep, we're staying in Paldea for at least three more eps. Thank the heavens.
The picnic episode actually takes place in Galar, although the plot will focus on a Paldean Pokémon, that being Wattrel.

I'm so excited that Liko and Roy are heading to Galar next! I was wondering when the region hoping would start and it looks like now is the time. I hope Galar will finally get the attention it never got in Journeys and that Liko and Roy will actually stay there for a few episodes, just like with Paldea. And maybe also start catching some new Pokémon too!

The picnic episode actually takes place in Galar, although the plot will focus on a Paldean Pokémon, that being Wattrel.
The airship is heading to Galar. It does not mean the episode is taking place in Galar, especially since the ship is having technical difficulties.

I'm so excited that Liko and Roy are heading to Galar next! I was wondering when the region hoping would start and it looks like now is the time. I hope Galar will finally get the attention it never got in Journeys and that Liko and Roy will actually stay there for a few episodes, just like with Paldea. And maybe also start catching some new Pokémon too!
I wonder if we’ll see Galar characters that we haven’t seen in the main anime yet. Or maybe when they go to Hoenn (which I bet will eventually happen), we’ll get to see characters like Zinnia and Aarune. Because, I think it’d be a bit weird if they just focused on the Paldea gym leaders. It’s like as if all the other regions have no gym leaders.

I wonder if we’ll see Galar characters that we haven’t seen in the main anime yet. Or maybe when they go to Hoenn (which I bet will eventually happen), we’ll get to see characters like Zinnia and Aarune. Because, I think it’d be a bit weird if they just focused on the Paldea gym leaders. It’s like as if all the other regions have no gym leaders.
Aside from a good chuck of the Galar Gym Leaders, most other Gym Leaders have already appeared in their respective series. Considering that the Paldea Gym Leaders are new characters with new Pokemon, I don't think it would be that strange if they only show them. I wouldn't be against seeing some other characters from older games, especially ones that haven't had proper anime appearances, but I'd be okay if they primarily focused more on showcasing Paldea Gym Leaders and characters over characters from most other regions.

Aside from a good chuck of the Galar Gym Leaders, most other Gym Leaders have already appeared in their respective series. Considering that the Paldea Gym Leaders are new characters with new Pokemon, I don't think it would be that strange if they only show them. I wouldn't be against seeing some other characters from older games, especially ones that haven't had proper anime appearances, but I'd be okay if they primarily focused more on showcasing Paldea Gym Leaders and characters over characters from most other regions.
Again, it would devalue the world traveling format if all the important events happened in Paldea.

Again, it would devalue the world traveling format if all the important events happened in Paldea.
Again, you're missing my point. Just because they meet more characters from Scarlet/Violet than older character from previous generations, most of which already had their spotlight, wouldn't mean that all of the important events happen in Paldea. They can still use the time traveling to other regions to train their Pokemon and focus on the other cast members. Giving priority to Paldea doesn't mean that nothing else important could happen while they're traveling in other regions. It means that they don't make the same mistake they did with Journeys where the newest region, characters and Pokemon are left largely ignored in favor of showcasing older Pokemon and characters, most of which already had their time in the sun.

Personally speaking, I don't really care about devaluing the world tour format anyway. After Journeys, I wasn't really thrilled about Horizons doing that same format. From what I can tell, it's at least looks more promising with spending multiple episodes in Paldea, showcasing Paldea Pokemon and featuring characters from the games. I don't know if I'd want them to spend the same amount of episodes whenever they stop in any region. We don't really need a mini-arc in Kanto for example, but actually making better use of the world tour format is still good. They can still do stuff in other regions while giving priority to Paldea because it's the newest one with the newest Pokemon and characters. As I've said before, it isn't that hard to do.

What I'm currently most interested in is if there's a specific reason Liko's friend got an Oshawott. Since, you know, we now have a regional variant of Samurott and the other anime hasn't really had a chance to show off those ones properly. I'm wondering if with this format they will try and find a way to make the Hisuian Samurott happen.

Thus far, I also quite enjoy the show. It's still a bit slow at times for me, but that makes sense since we're still at the start and I've accepted the Pokémon anime will never be the way I want it to be. But I do enjoy the plot threads of the pendant and the legendary adventurer so far. Hopefully we can also see a lot of stuff out of the Paldea game characters. Brassius was funny so might as well.

I’m not very interested in what pokemon they catch. I want to know more about the pendant, Rayquaza, the ancient adventurer, the explorers and if Area Zero and Paradox Pokemon will be involved in this. I hope they keep dropping hints and clues about this plot line.

What Pokémon are they gonna catch next?
I also want to learn more about:
  • Liko’s pendant
  • The Black Rayquaza we’ve seen (I haven’t)
  • If Area Zero and Paradox Pokémon are going to be involved in any way
And, yay! Iono’s in the anime! I wonder if she’ll be voiced by Fairouz Ai (yay, Manatsu!) like in the SV trailer (which I also haven’t seen).

Back
Top Bottom