• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Horizons General Discussion/Speculation Thread

I have no clue. My top three choices would be:
  • Lisa Ortiz
As iconic as Lisa's voice is, I hope she doesn't - she sounds virtually the same in nearly all of her roles and doesn't differentiate her voice all that well. Iono shouldn't sound like Flannery, Korrina, Mars, or Liza.

I hope it's someone like Obake - I think she did a good job capturing Iono's energy.

As iconic as Lisa's voice is, I hope she doesn't - she sounds virtually the same in nearly all of her roles and doesn't differentiate her voice all that well. Iono shouldn't sound like Flannery, Korrina, Mars, or Liza.

I hope it's someone like Obake - I think she did a good job capturing Iono's energy.

I’m watching it right now- She sounds SO COOL! I hope Obake voices her. Wait… Doesn’t she sound familiar?
Edit: No, she doesn’t. I just looked through her uploads and found lots of cool stuff!
…Such as this gem!

Giving off Trails of Cold Steel and Rune Factory 5 (a game I have) vibes, huh?

Honestly I see Lisa more as Anna which would be a cute little casting gag since she has an Oshawott which Lisa voices.

Maybe Faye Mata for Iono cause this sounds like a role that's be perfect for her.

Honestly I see Lisa more as Anna which would be a cute little casting gag since she has an Oshawott which Lisa voices.
That would be a fun concept.
Maybe Faye Mata for Iono cause this sounds like a role that's be perfect for her.
Oh yeah! The girl that voices Kagami! And Maki. : )

IMG_3701.jpeg
This is what I found, when I searched “Pokémon Horizons English dub”.
So I guess we’ll see.

They typically don't release a season on DVD until about a year or so after it wrapped up. We didn't get the Master Journeys season on DVD until just May of this year and we won't get Ultimate Journeys until sometime next year, especially when it should include the Aim To Be A Pokemon Master episodes too. Depending on when Horizons starts airing, we probably won't see it get a DVD release until 2025. Maybe it will start next year if they go with smaller DVD sets to cover the first season instead of a full season box set. I prefer collecting full season DVD sets as opposed to collecting three smaller DVD releases, but they seem to go back and forth on which release method they'll do for a series.

OMG, I was so surprised when I saw the dub sneak peaks uploaded a few minutes ago. I loved everything. Liko and Roy's voices sound great. I'm so hyped for the series to begin. I just pray it's not on Netflix again.

I know lol and it also says it on Liko’s page
Wonder what Roy’s is, I noticed he was voiced by a girl
I like how they kept Sprigatito’s voice
Captain Friede is Kyon
Well, since Roy is a black character, I would expect an black voice actress to do him. That was Sprigatitos JP voice.... I swear it sounded dubbed and yeah Crispin Freeman is always A plus in my book.

So I finally saw the sneak peek for episode one and it was pretty good. Steve Blum's narrator voice was possibly a bit too deep for the typical World of Pokemon segment, but I can't blame them for wanting to go with a different narrator. Liko's voice is pretty good. Perhaps a bit deeper than I would have expected, but its good and fits pretty well.

While I haven't seen the whole first episode yet of course, I still don't understand why people call Liko introverted. She's clearly shy and awkward around people, especially when she's away from home for the first time, but that isn't the same thing as being introverted. Honestly, her whole struggling to find things to say and missing out on her chance while she's trying to find the words instantly made me think "Oh that's the autistic experience." Not that I think Liko is autistic or autistic coded necessarily, but rather that struggle with finding right word and missing the chance to jump into a conversation instantly made me think of my own experience as an autistic person, especially at that age, instead of being introverted. I remember being a ten year old autistic girl, even though I wasn't diagnosed until I was eleven. It was not fun.

Her whole internal monologue about not knowing herself felt a bit much to me. I remember being a ten year old girl too and relating pretty hard to the song Reflection from Mulan, so it is relatable. I'm sure it's probably going to tie in with her pendant and the mysteries behind it. It just might have come off as a bit too melodramatic when it isn't unusual for ten year olds to not know who they really are. This could be just my own mood right now affecting my interpretation or another sign that I am significantly older than the target demographic. Even back in SM when Lillie was saying she isn't a little kid anymore, I couldn't help but think to myself that she is ten. Most kids watching wouldn't have that kind of reaction.

Well, since Roy is a black character, I would expect an black voice actress to do him. That was Sprigatitos JP voice.... I swear it sounded dubbed and yeah Crispin Freeman is always A plus in my book.
Do people actually think Roy is supposed to be black? He looks more South Asian if you ask me.

Do people actually think Roy is supposed to be black? He looks more South Asian if you ask me.
Yeah, especially since he’s from Kanto (just like Brock is, but we’re NOT going into that and I am also NOT getting another thread closed, I know what happened last time), which is based on Japan (sorry for being racist).

Yeah, especially since he’s from Kanto (just like Brock is, but we’re NOT going into that and I am also NOT getting another thread closed, I know what happened last time), which is based on Japan (sorry for being racist).
I'm still a bit confused as to how people thought Brock was black or Indian or Hispanic or anything other than East Asian, he literally has the stereotypical eyes that in a more modern cartoon would probably be considered racist (Pokemon only gets away with that one because it is a franchise created by Asians and the characters of the original anime were likely meant to be interpreted as East Asian given how Kanto is based on a real part of Japan). I think probably that some fans project their own racial identity on human characters, this could explain the flame wars I see on Twitter about characters' skin colours being depicted "correctly" in fan art.

Oh, and it looks like Friede's Charizard has the dark tera type. How neat!

Back
Top Bottom