• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Horizons General Discussion/Speculation Thread

I would actually watch an episode again if Zinnia and/or Ann showed up lol...I wound up dropping Horizons after all because I really was just so bored, but I liked Ann a lot and wish she was one of the characters getting more focus. And Zinnia is just...well. I love Zinnia dearly, sooooo...yeah. Please give me my wife Horizons I'll forgive you if you do

I feel like it wont be many. Most of the moves Hatenna can learn (By level up) are either mostly useless in the anime or moves that are usually animated in basically the same way.
Granted Hatenna in general feels like a Pokemon that probably wont really battle at all, atleast untill evolution.

Edit: I will add this is also mostly true of Hattrem. Makes me think this'll either be a pokemon who doesnt gain new moves often (Which isnt uncommon), or they'll go into TM territory. Assuming they aren't just a non battler.

Those are the moves I was talking about which wouldn't really be useful in the anime.
Then again I guess horizons does have more 2 v whatever battles than the old series. It being 90% 1v1's is what made being a support mon then mostly useless. Do fear that would kinda just turn the battles into 1v1's with free healing on the side.

What do you mean by most of the moves it can learn are mostly useless in the anime?
I think what they are trying to say is that most of her moves are in the status category, which doesn't inflict direct damage and deals more with stats, weather, and status conditions. Those kinds of moves focus on the game mechanics and thus are harder to translate into a narrative format.

Last edited:
Given how creative Liko has been on battles so far I’m sure she’ll find a use for Hatenna’s attacks, even if some of them aren’t offensive. Not to mention that sometimes pokemon in the anime learn attacks that they can’t use in the games.

What do you mean by most of the moves it can learn are mostly useless in the anime?
What ehh said.
They are things that are overall more, game mechanichy stat moves. (Calm mind, aromatic mist, play nice). Which the anime does make use of sometimes but not too often.
Or are healing moves, which generally the anime doesn't seem to care much for healing. The pokemon survive however long they want them too anyways.

I feel like it wont be many. Most of the moves Hatenna can learn (By level up) are either mostly useless in the anime or moves that are usually animated in basically the same way.
tbf, it's not like Pokemon in the anime only ever use moves from their level-up movepool (heck, in the anime the vast majority of Pokemon have at least one move that they don't learn naturally on their moveset), so if Hatenna has to battle for whatever reason they could always slap in a random Magical Leaf, Dark Pulse, or Dazzling Gleam in there.

Now that Amethio is back I hope we get a backstory episode for him soon enough. I also want to know how he met Conia and Zirc and it wouldn’t be bad at all if they got some backstory as well, but I doubt they’ll get any other than meeting Amethio in the past.

If or when they return to Galar, it'd be nice to see Bede help Liko and Hatenna develop.

Maybe he is already the Gym Leader so he spurs them on in his own, albeit mean, way. Like they encounter him in his casual clothes first and just think he is some random jerk and later find out he is actually the Gym Leader.

If or when they return to Galar, it'd be nice to see Bede help Liko and Hatenna develop.
Let’s ask TPCi (or whoever makes the show) to do that
Edit: Oh wait, we can’t (I emailed them once, asking what if someone were to send them a game idea, they emailed back and said they don’t take requests…whoops)

Back
Top Bottom