• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Horizons General Discussion/Speculation Thread

The sparkles usually implies a big event is going to happen in the episode. So, the fact that it's all of them minus the 6th, that's how you'll get people to talk.
Given that we know that we know that these upcoming episodes are the finale of the first arc, it’s probably pertaining to that with these 3 weeks being the conclusion.

image_2023-10-01_004723584.png

So true sprigatito.

Anyways the sparkles are only on the 27th. The other ones are just stars which indicate episodes, which is why the 6th doesn't have one, no episode that Friday.
Either a 3 parter with the 27th being the last of the arc. or a 2 parter with the 27th being the first episode of the next arc.

We don’t know if Penny will even show up at all, and Liko needs a new shouldermon to replace Sprigatito once it evolves or else it won’t evolve ever.
Considering that we've already seen Nemona, it wouldn't be that unlikely for them to feature Penny too. She could easily pop up the next time they arrive in Paldea. Liko doesn't necessarily need a shouldermon to replace Sprigatito either. While I could see it evolving due to Meowscarada's popularity, it hopefully won't be another rushed evolution like what happened with Sobble. If they really want her to have a cute marketable Pokemon on her shoulders, they have other options, including her newly caught Hatenna. If they also are set on having an Eevee in the cast, they have other characters in the cast besides Liko that they could give it to as well.

The last two sparkly dates were Wattrel and G-Moltres captures, but another team change so soon seems unlikely.

It might be the end of the arc or Terapagos related. It is de facto Liko's Pokemon, but maybe they'll make it official and not just "taking care of"

types with no context Liko and Pikachu!
I hope no one gets an Eevee, not because it’s gen 1 or theres too many of them or anything, I just don't want to see the "New eeveelution!" Discourse that it always manages to cause (If that gen doesnt already have a new one like with Serena in X and Y)
I don’t think they’re gonna make any more Eeveelutions.

Considering that we've already seen Nemona, it wouldn't be that unlikely for them to feature Penny too. She could easily pop up the next time they arrive in Paldea. Liko doesn't necessarily need a shouldermon to replace Sprigatito either. While I could see it evolving due to Meowscarada's popularity, it hopefully won't be another rushed evolution like what happened with Sobble. If they really want her to have a cute marketable Pokemon on her shoulders, they have other options, including her newly caught Hatenna. If they also are set on having an Eevee in the cast, they have other characters in the cast besides Liko that they could give it to as well.
It all depends if they're even gonna adapt the Team Star plotline or not.

types with no context Liko and Pikachu!

I don’t think they’re gonna make any more Eeveelutions.
Yea, Eevee’s secondary mascot status pretty much ruined any chance of that happening. Since then, every new thing for Eevee is all about supporting Eevee rather than evolving it. Kinda ironic how popularly screwed with what was the gimmick it was made for.

You said the same about other characters in the game, and yet they showed up.

Liko doesn't need shouldermon. She is different from her predecessors.

Sprigatito would have evolved anyway due to Meowscarada's popularity.
This is still an anime that's primarily motivated around promoting merchandise.

It all depends if they're even gonna adapt the Team Star plotline or not.
I don't think it really matters if they adapt the Team Star storyline or not. Penny is a popular character and they have featured the evil/not actually evil teams in the anime before. They didn't properly adapt Team Skull's role in the storyline for SM, but they still had Guzma appear. They had Team Yell appear for an episode even though Journeys was a world tour series and they couldn't really do much with Marnie or Team Yell with that in mind. I wouldn't necessarily say that her appearance is guaranteed exactly, but I think that it's pretty unlikely that Penny won't have some kind of appearance. They'll also probably do something with Team Star.

Yea, Eevee’s secondary mascot status pretty much ruined any chance of that happening. Since then, every new thing for Eevee is all about supporting Eevee rather than evolving it. Kinda ironic how popularly screwed with what was the gimmick it was made for.
I think that it's still possible for them to make new Eeveelutions, if only because of how incredibly marketable and popular pretty much all of the Eeveelutions are, but it is strange that its popularity hasn't led to new Eeveelutions. Giving more attention to Eevee itself is cool, but people definitely still want more evolutions too.

This is still an anime that's primarily motivated around promoting merchandise.
That is true. However, they wouldn't need to give Liko an Eevee to promote its merchandise. Other characters in the cast exist. Even with Hatenna's recent capture, I'd still prefer for Liko and Roy to primarily have new Pokemon on their teams.

My personal theory regarding the lack of new Eeveelutions is that either GameFreak considers an evolutionary family of nine members to be complete (as nine is the highest single digit, so in a way it symbolizes completeness and finality) or that they don't want to risk the Eevee family overcrowding any future Pokedexes because their secondary mascot status more or less guarantees they'll be safe from the Dex cuts, so might as well keep as much room for other neglected Pokemon as we can. Heck, it could even be a combination of both reasons.

That said, I do hope I'm wrong, because I really want a Flying-type Eeveelution, lol. Granted, I maybe wouldn't be too upset about the lack of new Eeveelutions if they'd at least give the existing ones some buffs; at the bare minimum give Glaceon Slush Rush already ffs...

I'm personally optimistic that we'll be seeing more new Eeveelutions in the future mainly because Gamefreak/TPC has started giving out new evolutions to pre-existing Pokemon again in recent generations. We got mons like Obstagoon and Cursola in Gen 8 that were new evolutions for regional variants, and then Gen 9 just straight up gave us new evolutions for regular mons like Farigiraf and Kingambit. Even though it's been a long time since Sylveon's debut, I'm still hopeful that we'll eventually get more new Eeveelutions in the future.

I don't think Eevee getting its own Eevee-specific gimmicks is a nail in the coffin for new Eeveelutions since, popularity-wise, those two things aren't mutually exclusive. Eevee having a fancy G-Max form in Sword/Shield (that didn't even get featured in the anime whatsoever) didn't suddenly cause Eeveelutions to lose their popularity. And the fear that creating more and more new Eeveelutions will clutter up future Pokedexes kinda makes some sense, but I think Eevee being immune to Dexit can be a good thing for Eeveelutions too, since every new Eeveelution they introduce will be a permanent marketing investment for the franchise that will never go away. Plus, if the devs can keep three slots open for Charmander, Charmeleon and Charizard in every new game, I don't think throwing in a new Eeveelution every now and then is gonna kill them.

Back
Top Bottom