• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Horizons General Discussion/Speculation Thread

And I think that it will wait until after Liko catches an Eevee.
An Eevee is the absolute last thing Liko needs right now, or ever. I really don't want to see another female character ruined by becoming a veritable Eevee promotional ad. :tentacruel: :mad:

An Eevee is the absolute last thing Liko needs right now, or ever. I really don't want to see another female character ruined by becoming a veritable Eevee promotional ad. :tentacruel: :mad:
Plus, the Eevee itself would also be ruined by being kept as nothing but a useless lapwarmer for the third time in a row.

Still kind of surprised they didn’t give Goh an Eevee as a starter but alas, different series altogether lol.
Honestly, I feel like that's what they should have done. Goh was supposed to be Ash's co-star and was heavily advertised as such (even though he arguably wasn't even the first companion to fit this bill), and since Eevee is supposed to be Pikachu's partner in the mascot department, Goh getting one to match Ash's Pikachu would've made sense.

It would've also freed up space for Yamper to be the one to become Chloe's partner which in turn would've allowed her to stand out more from past female companions since she would no longer feel repetitive by having a Pokemon that three other girls had already owned. Basically, Goh getting Eevee instead of Chloe just feels like a win-win scenario in all sides, so it's rather frustrating that they instead went with the most stale and formulaic option.

Not really. We have changed plot lines and characters before. The Frontier Brains, for example, were moved to Kanto of all places.
Probably because they were already in Kanto to promote FireRed/LeafGreen (making three if you don’t count FRLG as the same game)

Looking back, it really is sweet that Quaxly, a wild Pokemon for all intents and purposes, formed a friendship with Dot, to the point of being her sidekick in her Nidothing videos, before it was even caught.

Honestly, I feel like that's what they should have done. Goh was supposed to be Ash's co-star and was heavily advertised as such (even though he arguably wasn't even the first companion to fit this bill), and since Eevee is supposed to be Pikachu's partner in the mascot department, Goh getting one to match Ash's Pikachu would've made sense.

It would've also freed up space for Yamper to be the one to become Chloe's partner which in turn would've allowed her to stand out more from past female companions since she would no longer feel repetitive by having a Pokemon that three other girls had already owned. Basically, Goh getting Eevee instead of Chloe just feels like a win-win scenario in all sides, so it's rather frustrating that they instead went with the most stale and formulaic option.

I really hate how they basically shoved Yamper away in favor of Eevee. We literally had plenty of Eevee promotion in the prior generation and a mini series based on Eevee (Sandy) that led to it eventually joining Lana. At first I thought Chloe’s Eevee capture would’ve led to a new evolution or at least showing off it’s G-Max form. But none of that ended up happening!

I know Yamper never technically belonged to Chole but it was shown at the very beginning of the series that it had a strong connection to her. They could’ve made an episode where she eventually catches and evolved later in the series. But instead they pulled a Bulbasaur and decided that it had to stay to take care of the Pokemon at the Cerise lab!

(Sorry for the mini rant)

I really hate how they basically shoved Yamper away in favor of Eevee. We literally had plenty of Eevee promotion in the prior generation and a mini series based on Eevee (Sandy) that led to it eventually joining Lana. At first I thought Chloe’s Eevee capture would’ve led to a new evolution or at least showing off it’s G-Max form. But none of that ended up happening!

I know Yamper never technically belonged to Chole but it was shown at the very beginning of the series that it had a strong connection to her. They could’ve made an episode where she eventually catches and evolved later in the series. But instead they pulled a Bulbasaur and decided that it had to stay to take care of the Pokemon at the Cerise lab!

(Sorry for the mini rant)
And I'm concerned that it might happen again in Horizons too by shoving an Eevee onto Liko's team just to allow Sprigatito to evolve.

My main problem with Eevee it’s not even that it might be repetitive (although I prefer to see pokemon who haven’t been showcased much), but that the past few ones don’t even battle. It is the equivalent of Pikachu yet it stays there doing almost nothing. I want Eevee to a battler if it appears again in the anime. If anything, give one to Friede, that would at least guarantee it will be part of the action.

My main problem with Eevee it’s not even that it might be repetitive (although I prefer to see pokemon who haven’t been showcased much), but that the past few ones don’t even battle. It is the equivalent of Pikachu yet it stays there doing almost nothing. I want Eevee to a battler if it appears again in the anime. If anything, give one to Friede, that would at least guarantee it will be part of the action.
But doesn’t he already have a Pikachu?

My main problem with Eevee it’s not even that it might be repetitive (although I prefer to see pokemon who haven’t been showcased much), but that the past few ones don’t even battle. It is the equivalent of Pikachu yet it stays there doing almost nothing.
This. So much this. It really sucks because I feel like this "show up all the time but don't do anything of real substance" approach is literally the worst of both worlds: people who don't like Eevee are annoyed that it's so prominent in the first place, but those of us who do like it are also annoyed because it isn't allowed to do anything cool or interesting despite that prominence. It seems so counterintuitive that when it comes to Eevee, the writers have constantly gone for the apprach that isn't gonna please anybody; either make Eevee actually do something cool for once or just don't bother featurning it.

But doesn’t he already have a Pikachu?
Just because Freide already has a Pikachu it doesn't mean he wouldn't or shouldn't be able to get an Eevee too. After all, Charizard is also a gargantuan marketing machine and that didn't stop Freide from having one alongside Pikachu.

If anything, I'd say that in addition to Eevee Freide should also get a Lucario, since that's another species that has never failed to have prominent appearances in every saga ever since its introduction. That would put all the four major marketing vehicles safely out of the way and leave literally all the space possible for other, less marketed Pokemon to shine under Liko and Roy.

This. So much this. It really sucks because I feel like this "show up all the time but don't do anything of real substance" approach is literally the worst of both worlds: people who don't like Eevee are annoyed that it's so prominent in the frist place, but those of us who do like it are annoyed that it isn't allowed to do anything cool or interesting despite that prominence. It seems so counterintuitive that when it comes to Eevee, the writers have constantly gone for the apprach that isn't gonna please anybody; either make Eevee actually do something cool for once or just don't bother featurning it.
It's like Eevee is a real person actor with a contract stipulating a minimum amount of screentime in each series but the writers don't have an ideas for their character.

It's like Eevee is a real person actor with a contract stipulating a minimum amount of screentime in each series but the writers don't have an ideas for their character.
Supremely ironic, too, because Eevee has literally ten whopping options (eight evolutions and two gimmicks. Heck, if you count Partner Eevee's moves, the number literally goes up to eleven) to work with, so it's baffling how they supposedly can't come up with any ideas for it. I'm not even exaggerating when I say that I've seen fanworks pull some surprisingly solid stuff with Pokemon that have far less to work with, and that is sad. Heck, the anime itself has managed to work with restrictions before: they're the ones who made up Ash-Greninja to give Ash a Mega in all but name without having to break their then "Ash cannot capture any Pokemon from older Generations unless they got new evolved forms this Generation" rule.

Honestly, in light of all this, to me it doesn't look like the writers are incapable of coming up with ideas on what to do with an Eevee, because they very much can. They just don't want to.

I just want Penny and Team Star to show up, so she can get the Eevee time and not the main cast.
Oh I forgot Penny has Eeveelutions/Eevee. I’d say there’s a good chance Penny shows up in the anime and get an Eevee.

But considering they went to Paldea first and then Galar, then… Alola’s next? If so, I am really hoping one of the trial captains shows up.

Oh I forgot Penny has Eeveelutions/Eevee. I’d say there’s a good chance Penny shows up in the anime and get an Eevee.
She's far more likely to already have an Eevee, though (or rather a team of Eeveelutions, since that would be the most game-accurate).

Back
Top Bottom