• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Horizons General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Huh, was checking Bulbapedia and apperently we have the english names of all the explorers now, guess the dub got to that point.
Anyways... I get why Onyx was renamed (Because of Onix) but why did they rename Agate to Chalce i'm very lost
I guess Agate sounded too Japanese and went with a different mineral based name.

Just noticed that with the latest episode, Mollie is the only Rising Volt Tackler member with only one owned pokemon

Friede has Cap and Charizard, Murdock has Rockruff and Alcremie, Orla has Metagross and an Elekid we barely see, Ludlow has Quagsire and Sharpedo, Dot has Qaxly and Tinkatink, and since they are technically members too, Liko has Sprigatito and Hatenna, and Roy has Fuecoco and Wattrel.
Mollie just has Chansey though, So I wonder if she also has a second pokemon hiding somewhere.

Again, not dub hate, just people voicing their differing opinions from yours. If you ask me, I'm more disappointed than anything else, as the English dub is capable of so much better in my opinion.
I know, just kinda sick of seeing this after how many years now. Like we get it, you miss the old dub. Move on, honestly.

I know, just kinda sick of seeing this after how many years now. Like we get it, you miss the old dub. Move on, honestly.
I think that's a bit disingenuous. There was nothing about the old dub specifically mentioned. Even the song used in the tweet was the first TPCI dub opening. As hit and miss as the TPCI dub openings are, even they have had better songs in the past than this. The dub does get its fair share of hate and some of that criticism is unwarranted, but I don't think disliking a current dub opening is the same thing as not moving on from the old dub.

Since we seem to be going back to the main plot, I will say that I liked this batch of breather episodes for the most part. They did what I hoped they would do: Give Liko and Roy a chance to shine and develop without needing to be rescued by Friede and Cap with their Pokémon gaining new moves. Oh, and Dot got some great focus as well.

Just noticed that with the latest episode, Mollie is the only Rising Volt Tackler member with only one owned pokemon

Friede has Cap and Charizard, Murdock has Rockruff and Alcremie, Orla has Metagross and an Elekid we barely see, Ludlow has Quagsire and Sharpedo, Dot has Qaxly and Tinkatink, and since they are technically members too, Liko has Sprigatito and Hatenna, and Roy has Fuecoco and Wattrel.
Mollie just has Chansey though, So I wonder if she also has a second pokemon hiding somewhere.
It's possible she has one, she just hasn't had a chance to use it yet.
We also had to wait a long time for the reveal of Ludlow's Sharpedo.

I'm still disappointed that Take Me On a Journey To Your Heart never got a full version. That might be my favorite Journeys dub opening, although The Journey Starts Today is really good too. I'm not surprised that they gave Horizons' first opening a full version, but it really should happen a lot more often than it does.

I'm still disappointed that Take Me On a Journey To Your Heart never got a full version. That might be my favorite Journeys dub opening, although The Journey Starts Today is really good too. I'm not surprised that they gave Horizons' first opening a full version, but it really should happen a lot more often than it does.
I always assume that full length versions of the opening songs and maybe ending songs exist but that they crop out part of it for the show itself.

Back
Top Bottom