• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Horizons General Discussion/Speculation Thread

I feel fans unfairly crap on Liko because she’s not like Ash. Trust me, if she was Ash’s daughter, she would be burdened with unreasonable expectations. She kind of found her calling, which isn’t battling but it’s not for everyone.

Question, in journeys, did goh's cinderace spending less time out of its ball start with Raboot or with Cinderace? Since Sprigatito is evolving i'm Curious to know if whether Liko keeps Floragato out of its ball all the time or not might inform us how they'll go about the Paldea starters when fully evolved (Still being allowed out 24/7 or spending a lot more time inside the pokeball)

Question, in journeys, did goh's cinderace spending less time out of its ball start with Raboot or with Cinderace? Since Sprigatito is evolving i'm Curious to know if whether Liko keeps Floragato out of its ball all the time or not might inform us how they'll go about the Paldea starters when fully evolved (Still being allowed out 24/7 or spending a lot more time inside the pokeball)
Raboot still had the status of a "walking Pokémon".
It was Cinderace who spent most of his time in the pokéball.

Seriously, Ed Goldfarb being in charge of the dub's music is one of the worst things to happen to the localisation. Almost everything he puts out is synthetic hogwash.
No kidding.
When “They Journey Starts Today” came out, I celebrated that we at least got something more upbeat and catchy.
Then we immediately decline. Every opening Goldfarb has made sounds like it was made while on the phone.

I think that there's a decent chance that Meowscarada will still be out of its Pokeball most of the time. I think a big reason why Cinderace stayed in its Pokeball was less due to the fact that it was fully evolved and more so because Goh had a rotating unevolved starter to be on his shoulder. I doubt that Liko will get more starters and I don't think that any Pokemon she could get would be as marketable as Meowscarada. It might depend on what its personality will be like or if Horizons is close to wrapping up by the time it does evolve, but I don't think that they'll keep it in its Pokeball like they did with Cinderace and later Inteleon.

I do wonder why do both Horizons and Paldean Winds use the Naranja timeline. Is there a particular reason? Because with former animated series, the most recent one used the other timeline about game scenarios already made by a previous one: for example, in Evolutions, Nebby evolved into Lunala, as opposed to the main anime where it evolved into Solgaleo.

So why do both Horizons and Paldean Winds use the same Academy timeline?

It’s shocking that the Taiwanese Mandarin dub has a better song:

I'm not too sure if you know that this is actually (maybe?) the Korean opening? Maybe the Taiwanese Mandarin dub uses an English performance of it as well, but thanks for sharing!

I absolutely loved the Korean opening as well!! Not to knock on the recent English dub's music too much, as TBH as a kid I enjoyed the XY themes quite a bit, but I've found that the Korean themes have been consistently incredible, second to only the Japanese themes themselves -- this is going back since the anime started airing there, speaking as someone who looked for all the anime music herself.

Here's the Korean one, it should sound familliar to the above! I really really love the vibe it carries...

I do wonder why do both Horizons and Paldean Winds use the Naranja timeline. Is there a particular reason? Because with former animated series, the most recent one used the other timeline about game scenarios already made by a previous one: for example, in Evolutions, Nebby evolved into Lunala, as opposed to the main anime where it evolved into Solgaleo.

So why do both Horizons and Paldean Winds use the same Academy timeline?
The first game in the name order almost always takes precedence over the second game in the order, it's as simple as that.

I'm not too sure if you know that this is actually (maybe?) the Korean opening? Maybe the Taiwanese Mandarin dub uses an English performance of it as well, but thanks for sharing!

I absolutely loved the Korean opening as well!! Not to knock on the recent English dub's music too much, as TBH as a kid I enjoyed the XY themes quite a bit, but I've found that the Korean themes have been consistently incredible, second to only the Japanese themes themselves -- this is going back since the anime started airing there, speaking as someone who looked for all the anime music herself.

Here's the Korean one, it should sound familliar to the above! I really really love the vibe it carries...

That’s because they are the same opening in different languages. Taiwanese Mandarin just used We Go except in English while Korean obviously does it in Korean.

I'm starting to wonder if Spinel might be the true big bad villain and antagonist of this story. His character and behavior reek of a snake and opportunist who only cares about himself, as he openly admits to using his fellow Explorers for his own self-gain and motives, and his facial expressions and overall character definitely reek of a scheming, manipulative, cunning mastermind who functions as the grand villain that everyone has to defeat. He's acting as an underling of Gibeon, but I think that might be part of his own plan as well: he's playing the underling and sucking up to Gibeon but fully intends to overthrow him and get rid of him once he's no longer of any use to Spinel as well. He sees both sides of characters as tools and puppets to him: his allies are tools and so are the RVT, and he might end up being the true main villain, not Gibeon, and Spinel will likely be a traitor to both sides who betrays Gibeon, and the kids have to stop him on that end too.

Gibeon himself has been portrayed outwardly as the mysterious big bad but might actually be the misunderstood good guy. Having seen his physical appearance and his dialogue in the latest episode, he seems to actually have been Lucius's friend in life and is now extremely old, decrepit, and completely bedridden, practically on life support at present, now being far past the age a human should be able to live. Perhaps he's deliberately trying to extend his lifespan to complete his business because he doesn't want to die without leaving it unresolved. The way he talks about Lucius implies that he not only was friends with him, but that he still has unfinished business with him that he wants to settle before he can rest in peace. This seems to be something shown in all of Lucius's Pokemon as well: that they parted ways with Lucius and have regrets because their time with him didn't receive proper closure. Perhaps both the Six Heroes and Gibeon have unresolved matters they want to settle with Lucius because the latter disappeared from their lives before their adventure reached a satisfying conclusion. I really do wonder how his part in the story will end in that regard.

As for the rest of the admins, Amethio is quite clearly a good person, even though he doesn't want to admit it. He's portrayed as something of an anti-villain who is also the hero of his own story and if anyone is going to end up joining forces with Liko, Roy, and Dot, it's gonna be him. Coral and Sidian scream "Jessie and James" in that they're nothing more than a duo of annoying troublemakers who get their fun off of starting shit with Liko and co. and they may end up still chasing after her for their own pleasure even after the Explorers are out of the picture.

Which just leaves Chalce (Agate) and Hamber. They seem to be the eldest members besides Gibeon and don't really have any particularly standout traits aside from having more authority over everyone else besides Gibeon. One must wonder what will become of them. Hamber does have an interesting part in that he and Diana used to be friends but now ended up at odds with one another.

These guys are becoming more and more interesting as the show goes on.

Good news! It’s new calendar day!

Bad news, we’re getting a second break this month, so only two episodes for us.

GJ95u5KboAAhvfv.jpg

Back
Top Bottom