• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Horizons S1 Dub Titles

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Thought I would create a page where we can add dub titles or any relevant information

Found this on Serebii

''It has been confirmed that The Pokémon Company International is to hold its first ever panel at Comic-Con International 2023 in San Diego on July 20th 2023 at 11:45 to 12:45 PDT. This panel is to delve into the process of how the Pokémon anime is localised from Japanese to English and also include the first sneak peaks at the final episodes of Pokémon Ultimate Journeys and the first episodes of Pokémon Horizons in English''

I don't think we'll get titles per se, but maybe some VA announcements.

I wonder if they could be announcing that JP music will be kept, as it would be somewhat controversial announcing that it will be replaced again in such a massive event, but that's probably wishful thinking...

Last edited:
I have this bad feeling snowmint will be right on the music handling, and I might be on the censorship over time (I don't expect it initially, but as the Series moves on given XYZ-present has brought it back in International dubs outside of Asia), but...

I can't wait to find out about the new script writer/adapter, though, for once: it was always one of the worst things for me about the current Ash Anime dub relative to the original Ash anime dub (somehow they managed to put something out in that facet that made me pine for the old 4Kids' script writers-- on their good days to clarify-- a grave error giving one man that much power over all the dialogue & they sapped the adult humor right out of the dub + heartwarming dialogue at times prior to me): this is something the English Version of the franchise NEEDED post-2006 badly, IMO. I wonder if Michele Knotz will take over from JCC in that capacity? We'll see.

Re: the episode titles, nowhere to go but up there as well, see above: nothing could possibly be as cringe-worthy as "Party Dancecapades," "Looking Out For Number Two," or "Getting the Pre-Contest Titters," IMO (these were the types of titles that made me mourn and grieve for the days of "Nice Pryce, Baby." "Claydol Big + Tall," "Leave it to Brocko," and the like, back then people slammed the dub for that but we didn't know HOW good we had it in hindsight to me).

I wonder if they'll do what 4Kids did in early Season 1 and TPCi themselves did in Season 14, just translating them straight from Japanese to English? I'd like that a lot, but we'll see.

Last edited:
Finally, someone made a thread about it! (I was going to, but then I thought it would get moved or I would be told it’s already being discussed in another thread)

I don’t know if we’re allowed to come up with ideas of our own, but I came up with some:
HZ001: The Pendant’s Origin, Part 1
HZ002: The Pendant’s Origin, Part 2
HZ003: Sprigatito Fun Time!
HZ004: Treasure From The Tides!
HZ005: When Roy Met Fuecoco!

Thanks! I came up with five more.
HZ006: An Ancient Ascent!
HZ007: Training With A Jolting Crew!
HZ008: A Door Of Many Secrets!
HZ009: Paldea, Here We Come!
HZ010: Nemona’s The Name!

For once, I'd actually like them to do what Cathcart did in the last 2 titles, and not do what he did the rest of the time in his tenure outside S14 the most, but we'll see.

Six more:
HZ011: The Branching of Arboliva
HZ012: Setting Sail To Galar!
HZ013: It’s Sandwich Time!
HZ014: Wattrel Spreads Its Wings!
HZ015: An Invisible Spark!
HZ016: The Adventures of Quaxly and Me!

Also, I’m pretty sure they translated the last two titles.

Six more:
HZ011: The Branching of Arboliva
HZ012: Setting Sail To Galar!
HZ013: It’s Sandwich Time!
HZ014: Wattrel Spreads Its Wings!
HZ015: An Invisible Spark!
HZ016: The Adventures of Quaxly and Me!

Also, I’m pretty sure they translated the last two titles.
They have. So it's possible we might get titles like that from now on, maybe?

I found these titles on the BBC website.
The 1st 6 titles are: The Pendant That Starts It All: Part One and Part Two!, For Sure! Cause Sprigatito's With Me!, The Treasure After The Storm!, Found You, Fuecoco!, and The Ancient Poké ball!

I found these titles on the BBC website.
The 1st 6 titles are: The Pendant That Starts It All: Part One and Part Two!, For Sure! Cause Sprigatito's With Me!, The Treasure After The Storm!, Found You, Fuecoco!, and The Ancient Poké ball!
Holy moly that’s awesome! I’mma go check it out!

YES!!! THE PUNS AND FORCED REFERENCES ARE GONE! Let's celebrate it with a meme
meme.png

Doesn't make up for the BGM replacement though

YES!!! THE PUNS AND FORCED REFERENCES ARE GONE! Let's celebrate it with a meme

Doesn't make up for the BGM replacement though
The only pun titles I see are “Thrash of the Titans” and “Partners in Time” (oh and “The Good, The Bad and the Lucky” and “Suffering the Flings and Arrows”)

Worst dub episode title thus far (HZ005):
"For Sure! 'Cause Sprigatito's with Me!" (Did TPCi dubbed BF-DP era Ash come up with this one? It sounds exactly like how he'd speak, and it always made me cringe as a child. Enough of the "for sure" stuff, ugh!)

Best dub episode title thus far (HZ006):
"The Ancient Pokeball" (Pretty much just the Japanese episode title turned into English, I like it)

The episode titles, much like the VA work, are better than they have been post-4Kids era dub largely for me. I still have some issues with some of the VA work, the OP (generic), and BGM replacement (same as it ever was since XY) but I'd be beating a dead horse since this is how most of us have felt the last decade or so with the English dub-- but on the whole, like it more than where things had been since 2007 sans the music.

Back
Top Bottom