• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Horizons S1 Dub Titles

I say good riddance to those more "unique" dub titles. It was a horribly out-of-date practice that produced a bunch of terrible puns, confusing references, and titles that generally did a poor job of representing what happened in the actual episode itself. The Japanese version has its own share of terrible episode titles, sure, but for every one clunker of a title the Japanese version has I'd say the English version has something like ten.

There's a reason the rest of the North American anime industry stopped making up their own dub titles decades ago.
Yeah, I can't remember the last time I've seen a Pokemon episode dub title that was genuinely clever. (of course, not like I actively comb through them)

This isn't even the first time TPCI has eschewed with the lame puns/references, Black and White also had fairly straight translations most of the time (my favorite being "Ash and N: A Clash of Truth and Ideals!" just for the One Piece/DBZ-esque nature of it somehow being retained for the overly-localized dub).

Season 1 had more or less direct translated titles. Smh but it is what it is.

Really looking forward to Episode 18. Still easily one of my favourite episodes of the first half explaining how Friede met Captain Pikachu and Crispin Freeman's gonna nail it.

Dude, they didn’t say every title was a direct translation.
S1E17: Special Training Time!
Airs Feb 27 on CBBC

S1E18: Flying Pikachu, Rising Higher and Higher!
Airs Feb 27 on CBBC

S1E19: The Bittersweet Truth
Airs Feb 27 on CBBC

S1E20: Kabu's Battle Training!
Airs Feb 28 on CBBC
Well, given the newest batch of titles, it would seem that you called it, Eitarou.

The Netflix release model deserves the flak but...is the BBC model any better? Episodes are released without any fanfare, so nobody is ready to talk about them when they are, I have never seen such a low engagement for the dub (Of course, the west being a bigger fan of Ash than Japan also hurts).

HZ021: The Lonely Hatenna
"After rescuing a wild Hatenna, Liko contemplates her own feelings—and makes a new friend!"
Airs March 27 (9Go!)
Source: 9Go! Sydney Program Guide

HZ022: Charge! Galar Mine!
"Inside Galar Mine, Liko and the others find a Pokémon that doesn't seem happy to see them!"
Airs March 28 (9Go!)

HZ023: Fiery Galarian Moltres
"Faced with an enraged Galarian Moltres, Liko comes up with a different kind of strategy."
Airs March 29 (9Go!)

Last edited:
HZ021: The Lonely Hatenna
"After rescuing a wild Hatenna, Liko contemplates her own feelings—and makes a new friend!"
Airs March 27 (9Go!)

HZ022: Charge! Galar Mine!
"Inside Galar Mine, Liko and the others find a Pokémon that doesn't seem happy to see them!"
Airs March 28 (9Go!)

HZ023: Fiery Galarian Moltres
"Faced with an enraged Galarian Moltres, Liko comes up with a different kind of strategy."
Airs March 29 (9Go!)
So, Australia is giving us new episodes next soon. It really is a back and forty between countries at this rate. Also, sticking to the JP titles like glue, even with the use of exclamation points too.

There was a "leak" somewhere and those episodes are already available in English dub:
HZ 24 - Reunion at the Ancient Castle
HZ 25 - Rivals in the Dark of Night
HZ 26 - Terapagos's Adventure

Back
Top Bottom