• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Horizons S1 Dub Titles

HZ007: Special Training with Cap!
HZ008: The Door That Never Opens!
HZ009: Welcome to Paldea!
Source: JustWatch

Note that the site also lists some translated Japanese titles, but these ones are clearly titles for the dub.
These are also titles taken from the French dub. 7 is sort of different, but mostly the same.

After some further investigation, it looks like JustWatch actually gets its data from Plex, and Plex just gets its data from The Movie Database, where a user called raze464 added these titles on December 16.

So I don't think these titles are confirmed after all, and they probably are just backtranslations of the French titles like you said.

HZ011: Arboliva's Forest
Airs on 22 January (CBBC)
"Searching for Arboliva, Liko, Roy and Mollie discover a forest devastated by wildfire."
Source: CBBC

HZ012: The Future I Choose!
Airs on 23 January (CBBC)
"After learning the story of the Ancient Adventurer, Liko is faced with a decision."
Source: CBBC

HZ015: Someone We Can't See! Whosawhatsit?!
"Liko has gone missing, so Dot calls on a celebrity connection for help!"
Source: BBC Programme Index

HZ016: Quaxly, We Can Do It!
"Officially a trainer, Dot teams up with Quaxly to help take back Liko’s stolen pendant!"
Source: BBC Programme Index

This appears to have been the ultimate source for these titles, and explains why they were added so early.

I say good riddance to those more "unique" dub titles. It was a horribly out-of-date practice that produced a bunch of terrible puns, confusing references, and titles that generally did a poor job of representing what happened in the actual episode itself. The Japanese version has its own share of terrible episode titles, sure, but for every one clunker of a title the Japanese version has I'd say the English version has something like ten.

There's a reason the rest of the North American anime industry stopped making up their own dub titles decades ago.

I say good riddance to those more "unique" dub titles. It was a horribly out-of-date practice that produced a bunch of terrible puns, confusing references, and titles that generally did a poor job of representing what happened in the actual episode itself. The Japanese version has its own share of terrible episode titles, sure, but for every one clunker of a title the Japanese version has I'd say the English version has something like ten.

There's a reason the rest of the North American anime industry stopped making up their own dub titles decades ago.
Well, I respectfully disagree with on that one.

Yeah, I really can't jibe with complaining about the dub trying to translate episode titles accurately. That's what a translation should be.

Genuine question to the people here complaining about this: do y'all want the dub to be stuck in the past with these things or what, I genuinely don't get it.

Back
Top Bottom