• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Hula dancing mini game?

Reaction score
Lilo_and_Stitch_hula_dancing_by_tiarashin.jpg

Know what would be a cool idea? If we had a mini game where we hula dance along with our pokemon ( bipedal only or whatever restriction is in) and you have to time your and your pokemons movements to line up with button presses or something. I know that sounds like sinnohs contests with the dance section but for that it was presses left up right or down at the right time, I'm talking real dance moves in game.

Sounds to me like a perfect addition to Pokemon Amie.
I agree.

Every generation they could rotate the mini-games so Pokémon-Amie feels fresh. The games exclusive to the Alola region could be a surfing race, hula dance rhythm action, and test of strength or endurance.

Last edited:
I agree. Every generation they could rotate the minigames so Pokémon-Amie feels fresh. The mini-games for Alola it could be a surfing race, hula dance rhythm game, and test of strenght.

That does sound great, but I also think Amie could have an unlimited amount of games. It is the ONLY part of pokemon that I would accept paid DLC. (Imagine it. Sun and Moon ships with the three you mentioned, and then has several on the eshop for $1 each.)

Either way, I think Amie has untapped potential that GF and Nintendo should explore further.

Heck, My favourite idea I've read is to have a pokemon version of Mario inside Amie.

Thinking back to the Hula idea... Maybe they could adapt head-it. Make the pokemon bigger, and instead of trying to headbutt the falling items, the player must tap those as they fall and the pokemon move according the ones the player taps? The player must avoid tapping on the no-go objects that fall or they lose a "life" (like in head-it)

That does sound great, but I also think Amie could have an unlimited amount of games. It is the ONLY part of pokemon that I would accept paid DLC. (Imagine it. Sun and Moon ships with the three you mentioned, and then has several on the eshop for $1 each.)

Either way, I think Amie has untapped potential that GF and Nintendo should explore further.

Heck, My favourite idea I've read is to have a pokemon version of Mario inside Amie.

Thinking back to the Hula idea... Maybe they could adapt head-it. Make the pokemon bigger, and instead of trying to headbutt the falling items, the player must tap those as they fall and the pokemon move according the ones the player taps? The player must avoid tapping on the no-go objects that fall or they lose a "life" (like in head-it)
There is potential though the hardware's limitation is a factor. How would the Mario mini-game work? Would it be like world 1-1 with increased difficulty each round (e.g. sped up, longer, etc.)?

Last edited:
There is potential though the hardware's limitation is a factor. How would the Mario mini-game work? Would it be like world 1-1 with increased difficulty each round (e.g. sped up, longer, etc.)?

Due to any possible limitations with Amie, I'd say probably just one world. Each setting could have more enemies and maybe a shorter time limit.

As for unlimited mode... Either the game seemlessly loops back to the beginning off the level, or the game uses procedural generation. Its where the game creates the level on the fly as you play, using a pre-written set of rules.

Also, we seem to be off topic, so we should probably start our own thread if we want to discuss this further :)

Due to any possible limitations with Amie, I'd say probably just one world. Each setting could have more enemies and maybe a shorter time limit.

As for unlimited mode... Either the game seemlessly loops back to the beginning off the level, or the game uses procedural generation. Its where the game creates the level on the fly as you play, using a pre-written set of rules.

Also, we seem to be off topic, so we should probably start our own thread if we want to discuss this further :)
This conversation seems to be within this thread's topic. Anyways, this idea might be possible since Mario is the face of Nintendo and the company love to make references in other games. Also, this series' anniversary is this year, I expect an honorary mention or costume DLC of previous protagonists.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom