• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon in your area

Merged a couple of threads that were both on the first page (one because of someone necroing). Same idea in both threads, so no reason to have two floating so near the top.

I live several kilometers from the edge of the largest city in my province, which is dominated by farmlands, forests and lakes.

City's Edge: Stantler (a deer ran into my car two weeks back), Pachirisu, Buneary, Zigzagoon, Murkrow, Wingull, Farfetch'd, Psyduck, Golduck.

Forest: Bug types, LOTS of bugs, no exotic species though (Scyther, Pinsir, Heracross ... those don't live so far north), Vulpix, Poochyena, Teddiursa, Pidgey, Starly, Zubat, Stantler.

Farmlands/Prairies: Tauros, Miltank, Ponyta, Sentret, Vulpix, Stantler, Farfetch'd, Psyduck, Golduck, Sunflora, bison pokemon yet to exist.

Rivers/Lakes: Lots of Bidoof, lots of Magikarp, Farfetch'd, Psyduck, Golduck, Stunky.

Others: We rely on hydro for most of our power, so no doubt a lot of electric type pokemon would congregate near out dams. During winter the whole place would be overrun with ice types, seeing as I live in the coldest city on our latitude =/

Pachirisu, houndour, houndoom, Glameow, Miltank, the starly family, Ekans family, seviper, would trees count?

everywhere: meowth, poochyena, zigzagoon, growlithe, most of the bugs and birds, rattata, hoppip, sunkern, stantler, psyduck

east side of town: porygon, magnemite, voltorb, ditto, machop

whatever the nicest side of town is: snubbull, skitty, glameow, smoochum, roselia, igglybuff, vulpix, plusle, minun, smeargle, tyrouge

mainly south part of town: stunky, dunsparce, ekans, gligar, sandshrew

the river: gulpin, grimer (ewww)

farmland: mareep, miltank, tauros, ponyta, torchic, hoothoot, spoink

i live in a big city, of almost 400000 people. there are some distinctive differences between different sides of town, though.

I live in Western Australia so in my route... there would be loads of Chatot type thingies, Pidgey and its evolutions, also Murkrow. We'd get Croagunk i guess and Gligar, i actually reckon there would be wild Charmander. And countless bug types.

Down by the nearby lake there would be Corphish, Psyduck, Feebas and wild Squirtal. There would be plenty of Geodudes and Aron is th less populated areas along with Kangaskhan.

Pets would include plenty of Houndour on these massive properties. There would be soem savage wild Grumpig and Persian. Probably Sandshrew as well.
A few Zubat and by the see there would be lots of Krabbya and Tentacool.

Mareep, Miltank, Tauros, Ponyta, Torchic, Hoothoot, Spoink, Meowth, Poochyena, Growlithe, Rattata, Hoppip, Sunkern, Stantler, Ssyduck, Pidgey, Tailow, Bug Pokemon(lots), Starly, Wingull, Magikarp, Vulpix.
I live on a farm next to a forest.

I live in the tropics.

So: Tropius, Turtwig line, Beldum line (because of the urbanization), Hoppip line, Bulbasaur line and Aipom/Ambipom

Actually, I can see urban pokemon living near us in town, along with most grassland and forest pokemon, minus doduo, nidoran, jigglypuf line, mareep, kangaskhan, girafig, electrike, the starter and legendary pokemon, bellsprout, slakoth, exeggcute, sudowoodo, aipom, and tropius.

everywhere: meowth, poochyena, zigzagoon, growlithe, most of the bugs and birds, rattata, hoppip, sunkern, stantler, psyduck

east side of town: porygon, magnemite, voltorb, ditto, machop

(...)

the river: (...), grimer (ewww)

(...)

i live in a big city, of almost 400000 people. there are some distinctive differences between different sides of town, though.

Basically these ones above and:

I live in the tropics.

So: Tropius, Turtwig line, Beldum line (because of the urbanization), Hoppip line, Bulbasaur line and Aipom/Ambipom

Some fire Pokémon would be nice too.

I'd have a few grassland Pokemon, and TONS of Meowth's (Seriously 2 cats inside, 9 cats outside.) and a few Growlithe's.
Birds: lot's of Tailow's, and some Pidgeot's and Pidgey's
As well as some Politoed's, and Charmander's.

if pokemon were real, that would be awesome! ^-^
I'd love to live in a Pokemon World!

well, mostly pidgeys, meowths, growliths, houndour, & squirrel type pokemons.

Probably the main ones you get when you first start one of the games. Rattata, Pidgey, and those ones. A lot of grass types, and probably quite a few water Pokemon since I live right near Lake Erie and Niagara Falls and such. Where my Nannie lives there's a big forest behind her, so any kind of Pokemon you'd find in a forest? xD ... There'd probably be a lot of Muk and Grimer around here too. :/

Well, we'd have Ponyta, Rapidash, Tauros, and Miltank. We've got plenty of horse and cow farms over here.

Then I guess we'd have some Meowth, Tailow, Pachirisu, the occassional Vulpix, the 'Poli' family, Murkrow, Psyduck, and Stunky.

Rattata, pidey, starly, and flaffy.

In the park, i see a lot of animals like dogs cats, bunnys, and deer. So...
eevee, skitty, galmeow, meoth, bunneary, stantler, caterpie weedle and ekans.

okay, this will be intresting, I live on a military base in northern Japan lemme see...

There are soo many damn birds here! THATS a given, I hate crows.
The winters here last long, so ice pokemon a plenty, there are a few lakes including one on the base (Lake Ogawara) but that lake is disgusting so probabally just a few magikarp and some barboach. Lush green areas off base, so Id probabally see some bug pokemon.

Then on the base, Magnemite would definatly be drawn to it. In the summer I could see possibly see on rare occasions a Vulpix.

Man this is a cool idea, it would be cool to see someones take on a story, pokemon in real life... that is a very broad idea for a story.

Heheh, I'm near the woods in Mid-Atlantic US . . . in between the mountains and the beach. Gah, so many trees and farmland here . . .

Stantler, maybe. Some Starly, Spearow and such would be huge. The obvious Pachirisu, Pikachu and Rattata . . . oh, I can see it. And loads of bug-types too.

And Ponyta. Tauros and Miltank too would be a given. There are farms around.

Nice idea for a topic btw . . . Why hasn't this been thought up before?

Heheh, I'm near the woods in Mid-Atlantic US . . . in between the mountains and the beach. Gah, so many trees and farmland here . . .

Stantler, maybe. Some Starly, Spearow and such would be huge. The obvious Pachirisu, Pikachu and Rattata . . . oh, I can see it. And loads of bug-types too.

And Ponyta. Tauros and Miltank too would be a given. There are farms around.

Nice idea for a topic btw . . . Why hasn't this been thought up before?

I myself woulf like to see a fan fic based off of this, pokemon in real life! very vague idea, but thats why Im not a writer XP

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom