• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon in your area

I myself woulf like to see a fan fic based off of this, pokemon in real life! very vague idea, but thats why Im not a writer XP

I was considering something like this once.
A story where real-life animals are somehow turned into Pokèmon. But I have too many other fanfics I want to write and too little ideas around it to start writing:p

I was considering something like this once.
A story where real-life animals are somehow turned into Pokèmon. But I have too many other fanfics I want to write and too little ideas around it to start writing:p

haha, yeah it takes some time to think. I could see why that one is so vague as well, what about kangaroos?? lol

Wow. I started making this list and realized that I'd be able to fill a box with Pokemon in my area with no trouble at all!
In NE Kansas we'd have mightyena (coyotes?), every rat and mouse Pokemon, pachirisu, buneary, stantler, more stantler, the base birds in every form (pidgeot, staraptor, etc.), maybe some goldeen, but not many (no natural lakes in this state), a ton of domestic rapidash and tauros, and one big, shiny Articuno this time of year -_- (cold joke, for those who don't get it)
Hmmm... I just realized, I don't think there are any pig or big cat Pokemon.

My area (Andalusia, Spain) is very diverse and would have a lot of Pokemon lol

-The Desert of Almeria full of Trapinchs, Cacneas and Sandshrews
-Sierra Nevada, where people skies. Snorunts, Sneasels and Delibirds are said to live there.
-The River Guadalquivir, a rich place full of Grass and Bug Pokemon.
-The beaches of Malaga, excelent for fishing Water Pokemon.
-Mulhacen, an inactivo volcano, but with Slugmas, Numels and Magmars. Legends say that Heatran lives there too.
-Doñana is a natural reserve in Huelva. Can you say Safari Zone?

Mostly starly and staravia afew glameow, purugly and some houndour and houndoom.....

Nice topic idea! I live in North Wales, so there would probably be... Lost of Tauros and Miltank, Ponyta and Rapidash, Pidgey, Starly, Noctowl, Buneary, Flaafy, Spoink/Grumpig and the occasional Fearow and Pikachu. Nearer the coast there would be tons of Wingull, too...

Probably in my area, there would be tailow, stantler, and glameows.

Thanks.

Well, my area would be full of city Pokemon and monuntain Pokemon. 'cause my town is very close to the mountains... that means:

- the citydwellers- Eeveelutions, cat-like and dog-like evo lines (Meowth, Glameow, Growlithe etc. etc.)
- various Flying types
- various Bug types
- Rock, Ground and Grass types that live in the mountains
- and don't forget that Dragon types inhabits mountain tops as well. Sometimes.

Damn I live in suburban Ft. Lauderdale, not too modernized nor too natural.

Eh, there are squirrels so maybe some Pachirisu. There are lizards too, so lizard Pokemon.

And spiders, so Spinarak are a given.

Maybe various other bugs as well.

Hmm. Boring old England.
We get basic woodland creatures, like squirrels and rabbits, so perhaps Pachirisu and Buneary?
A large variety of birds. We get a lot of pidgeons, so Pidgey, as well as Murkrow for the blackbirds. At my school we also get seagulls eating litter (despite the fact we're nowhere near the sea, suck on that animal namer people) so that'd be Wingull.
Everyone has a dog or cat. Poochyena, Eevee, Mightyena, Glameow, Meowth, Persian, .etc.
Our local nature reserve is always humming with crickets, so maybe some Kricketot/Kricketune? They also have a tusk of a mammoth in the mini-museum there, so maybe Mamoswine lived here millions of years ago.
Too many spiders for my liking. Spinarak, you're thinking? Some of them are more Ariados size.
Some people in our street own horses, and a lot of my female friends do horse-riding. Maybe we have some Rapidash trainers...?

There's a lot of lakes and farmland where i live so some of the pokemon i would see are squirtle, magikarp, psyduck, miltank, ponyta, and pidgey's. We might see a zigzagoon every now and then too. Not to mention my own little meowth.

Sparrows, robins, deer (mmm venison), rabbits, and squirrels. And ducks.

So: Spearow, Pidgey (in lieu of anything better), Stantler (also), Buneary, Pachirisu, and Psyduck.

There are some horse farms around and my friends own a dairy farm, so Tauros, Miltank, Ponyta, and some Skitty and Poochyena for the escaped housepets.

Pidgey, Meowth, city-dwelling Pokémon.

Pachi, and then some Growlithes and Meowths. Plus our Magikarp rocks.

Gardevoir, Lopunny, Lucario, MewTwo ad others are based upon furfaggotry.

Edit: There's a rodent called the pika.

I live on Long Island. Lots of tauros/miltank, fish pokemon, crustacean pokemon, and endless wingull

i live in the piedmont area in north carolina and i made a pretty big list of pokemon that would live near me:

Ponyta, Rapidash, Tauros, and Miltank (on the farms)
Teddyursa and Ursaring (in big forests)
Bunneary
Vulpix
Pachirisu
Rattata and Raticate
Pikachu
Pidgey and Pidgeotto
Starly, Staravia, and Staraptor
Hoothoot and Noctowl (at night)
Spearow and Fearow
Stantler
possibly some zubat
Poochyena and Mightyena
Houndour, Houndoom, Growlith, and Skitty (pets)
Shinx and Luxio
Seviper and Ekans (alot of snakes where I live)
Squirtle, Wartortle, Torkoal, Turtwig, and Grotle (a whole lot of turtles around here)
Poliwhirl, Poliwag, Poliwrath, Politoed, Croagunk, and Toxicroak (alot of frogs, too.)
Magikarp, Goldeen, Psyduck, and Golduck (at lakes)
Bidoof, Bibarel, Corphish and Crawdaunt (at the rivers)
Feebas, Tentacool, Tentacruel, and possibly Gyarados and Milotic (in the ocean bordering the state)

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom