• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon in your dreams

SirOni

Driving You Batty
Reaction score
Have you ever had a dream that involved Pokémon in some way? Share any stories you have whether they be weird, cool, or interesting in whatever way.

Long ago I had a dream that I was a Dewgong. It was very long ago so I can't remember all the details. I'm assuming that it was a lot of fun, because I was a Dewgong after all.

I... got nothing, sorry.

For some unfair reason, I never have Pokémon dreams. :cry:

I once had a dream of encountering and capturing a Shiny Zubat. I actually did catch one in my Diamond playthrough when looking for a Feebas.

Sadly, I have not had as many dreams about Pokémon/with Pokémon in them as I would like to. When I do, it's usually just that I'm playing one of the video games and having trouble seeing the screen (flashbacks to trying to play GameBoy/GameBoy Color/pre-backlight GBA at night/in low-light conditions, maybe?). Just a couple of nights ago, I saw Dialga in a dream, but I don't know really what the premise of the dream was, other than I may have been seeing it inside a virtual reality game (off-topic: I have LONGED since the beginning of Pokémon to someday play a VR Pokémon game!!).

However, looking back over the 17 years that I've been a Pokémon fan, I've had a couple of notable ones, though still not the dream I WANT to have (which is being friends with Lugia and flying around riding on his back :D):
  • By far the eeriest - because of its apparent prescience of events that happened later that year - happened sometime in late 2000/early 2001, not long after Gold and Silver came out in the U.S. The short version: the Pokémon I saw in the dream were Skarmory, many of them, though they were HUGE (probably 20-foot wingspans), and were more realistic-looking. I was in New York City, more or less the cultural and economic center of the world. The Skarmory (giant steel birds), flying through the air at great speed, began one-by-one to deliberately slam into the twin towers of the World Trade Center, exploding into fireballs as they penetrated the buildings. Under this onslaught, the twin towers began to topple, first one, then the other, as if they were being imploded from the inside, coming down in a crash of debris and fire. At some point while running from the mayhem, I discovered I had a psychic energy-ball power much like Mew and Mewtwo, and gathering energy in my hands, began trying to shoot down the Skarmory with my energy-ball power. I remember wondering if Mewtwo had yet awakened, trying to reach him telepathically wherever he was, and wondering if he would come to our aid against whomever was sending these giant mutant Skarmory against us, because I knew this was only the first attack against our civilization. Needless to say, while this dream was super epic at the time, it took on a much darker feeling for me after witnessing and being deeply emotionally affected by the events of September 11, 2001. I had emailed a detailed description of the whole dream to a couple of friends back when it happened, and I was terrified that someone had intercepted my email and it had planted the seed of an idea.
  • Another eerie and very detailed one happened around the same time and featured Lugia and a genetically-engineered "super Lugia" (or "Lugiatwo," if you will) which had kind of a golden-yellow color palette to it and differently-shaped eyestripe and crest. The dream began by seeing Lugia flying high above my high school, which as I soon learned, was happening in the future, and which I was seeing it through a tear in the space-time continuum. The short version is that I saw myself in the future, trying to prevent what was about to happen (that very same tear in the fabric of space-time). Suddenly, it was as if I was right there in the other dimension, and "Lugiatwo" swooped in out of nowhere and engaged Lugia in a silent, epic aerial dogfight. Future me could see me standing there and was trying to communicate something to me (we could not hear the sound in each other's dimension). Behind her, maybe a dozen fighter-jet-looking flying war machines began to circle the sweeping fight between Lugia and its doppelgänger. It dawned on me that "Lugiatwo" was only a diversion to distract and wear down Lugia, and I watched in helpless horror as "Lugiatwo" made a sharp dive downward away from Lugia and at the same time, the jets fired their weapons where it had been a second before. Lugia tried to create a defense field, but not fast enough. The blast threw me backward fully into my own dimension with the intense sensation of falling, and I woke up screaming at my friend's house (not really, I was still dreaming). I had apparently been in a coma (in the dream) for days. The blast from the destruction of Lugia is what had created the tear in the space-time continuum in the first place.
@SirOni , dreaming that you were a Dewgong sounds very peaceful and enjoyable! :)

Gosh, I wish I could have been a Dewgong in a dream once. I wish I could be a Dewgong in general.

I haven't had many, and I can't recall very well some of them I have had. But here are a couple I remember a bit.

This one I had probably early 2013 or late 2012. I was in the Pokemon Anime universe, as at that time I was only watching the anime and playing an emulator of Pokemon Crystal. Since it was so long ago, I only remember bits and pieces. I was with Ash, and I think Brock might have been there too. I was probably the generic female companion. Team Rocket tries to steal a bunch of Pokemon, and we stop them. After that, we're all having a party and then we go on this neat scavenger hunt. During the hunt, I start hanging out with this guy who helped us stop Team Rocket. He was pretty cool. Suddenly some other old trainers were there. I think Clair was there and I rememeber admiring her. We had a battle, me and Ash vs Clair and that boy who helped us stop Team Rocket. I think I had a Delcatty and an Espeon, while Ash used his Pikachu and Pidgeot (who came back, for some reason?) Clair used her Dragonair, and the guy used an Arcanine. We beat them, and it went into the night. That night, I was with the guy and I leaned in to kiss him. (Hold it guys, this is where it suddenly goes from Pokemon to a nightmare). He grabs me, pins me to a wall, pulls a knife, and stabs me in the forehead. I woke up as that happened, with a bad headache centered in my forehead.

My next dream had a little spoiler material for the upcoming games and anime, so I'll put it in Spoiler boxes
So I had this dream after we got the news for the Pokemon Sun and Moon anime. I had a dream on probably how my brain wanted it to go, with my own character insertion because it's my brain. My character, a Pokemon researcher named Brianna, who is also the true champion of Kalos (just chooses to let Diantha stay in charge, and hides her title) has decided to come to Alola to do some research for Professor Sycamore. She meets Ash, Brock, and another girl aiming to take a turn at the Island Trials, Leiah. They meet at Professor Kukui's lab. Where Leiah chooses Rowlet as her starter, and Professor Kukui offers Ash a Litten. Brianna had already caught her own Popplio at this point, since she was setting up her base where her research partner works on the second Alola island (is it Akala Island? Can't remember). My alarm woke me up after this, and I haven't gotten the dream to continue, but I could very easily write something up if I wanted it too.

Usually when I have pokemon in my dreams they just randomly appear. Like I'll be lost wandering through a school (I'm almost 26 I graduated years ago make it stop) and a locker will burst open and a pikachu or something will fall out. Or I'll be drifting through the air and a wingull will run into me or fly past me.

I once had a dream where Dragon Ball characters were pokemon trainers and Goku wanted Oolong to evolve into Emboar.

I would much like to have dreams where I'm just in the pokemon world for a change. My dream land is weird enough without explaining to a teacher why I have pokemon instead of homework.

Had one a while ago where everyone went to this school and got Pokémon to start out with despite it not being a trainer school. Not that exciting though, just got to see the Eevee I got run around a bit.

Me yes when I was young.

I had a dream about team rocket and their first motto

I was talking about thier motto in Arabic dub

When I was younger yeah. I think I remember one where I had an Eevee and Growlithe for pets, and my neighbor had a Meowth; pretty much instead of actual animals we had Pokemon for pets in my dream.

The other night I had a dream I was in a university for pokemon trainers. My dorm was in this tall building near the top and I could see pokemon flying by outside my window and I had cute pokemon decorations and some books on pokemon stuff. Of course I never picked up or looked at the books at all.

Now I just can't help but wonder what kind of books you would need for study at a pokemon university. :p

I had a dream, the other night that I was a Pokemon trainer entering this big Pokemon tournament for water Pokemon and you had to choose a water type to compete in three different challenges. My choice was a feeling for some reason, I've never even used a feeling in the games before but i really enjoyed it in the dream we rough housed a bit before we tied in the first challenge which was a water race versus these other two guys one had a tentacruel and the other an aggro that knew surf. I can't remember the second challenge but the third was a battle atop our Pokemon and the winner would get to battle for a gym badge, before the battle was able to start between the three of us I woke up... So sad

Lots of my dreams tend to be scattered thoughts over what I was thinking before falling asleep, without any story (that I remember, at least). The other night, I had some such thoughts about
Lusamine, Lillie and Gladion and that is because I watched some videos about them and read some things up on Bulbapedia a bit before going to bed.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom