• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Indigo OOC Thread/RPG Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Red

Kaboom
Reaction score
Okay, guys. To make sure that the start up doesn't get clogged up with OOC's, I decided to create this.

Good idea. The first thing to discuss is Pokemon caught. As Gray and Calvin have stated. It's best if everyone states their own KANTO party.

Mine, hopefully:

Kadabra
Primeape
Poliwhirl
Machop
Starmie
Seadra/Muk/Magnemite

Re-posting from the Start-Up thread:

((I plan to have, hopefully:

Ninetales
Pidgeot
Rhydon
Arcanine
Lapras / Tentacruel (After all, Lapras is a gift Pokemon. Perhaps we could make them live in the water, though?)
Porygon

for Kanto. And for Johto, these I know I want:

Ninetales (This one would be Amber's child)
Noctowl
Victreebell
Steelix
Umbreon
Not sure on the water-type, though.))

Last edited:
-Another question if nobody has anything planned on Route 2 can skip directly to the entrance of the Viridian Forest and the catching of the bug Pokemon?

Sure, why not? There isn't anything of interest on Route 2 anyways.

Also, perhaps we should start early with name suggestions for the sequel. Pokemon Cobalt, anyone?

EDIT: And Kuro, sorry for leaving you behind, but we had to keep everything going.

Kuro you're the GM so you can have Poliwrath, I'll find myself a new Pokemon.

Also, Kuro a question about gym battles: I'm not sure if anyone have you read the Pokemon Universe threads, but I like the way they do gym battles. For instance, when I battle Brock, I shall control both Brock and myself and when Gray battles Brock, he will control both Brock and himself. It smooths things and stops the thread from getting filled up with posts saying "use this move". Besides, it would take too long to finish the gym battles.

My team will be:

Pikachu (Melody)
Butterfree
Dodrio
Lapras
Bellossom
Kangaskhan

With Jakku gone, Cole won't have a rival for a week. Acs, does AC have a rival. Perhaps they could be rivals in a friendly way, like Cheren and the protagonist in B&W.

I see I'll have to find a different grass-type now...

((I plan to have:
Electabuzz, Magmar, Pidgeot, Slowpoke, Gloom, and Clefairy.
This is for Kanto.))

Not neccassarily, my dear, Calvin. As, Camille and Castelia are rivals, one of us could have Vileplume and the other could have Bellossom?

Good point, I don't have a rival (at least I not that I know of). So, we can be friendly rivals. So, normally the rivals are:

Kuro-Daemon
Cole-Jakku
Camille-Castelia

I am right, right?

That means my rival is supposed to Tamaki/Eliot (Oh boy, I get the crazy one :D)

Kuro, I'm still waiting a response for my question about gym battles, this is more important than the pokemon parties IMO:

I'm not sure if anyone have you read the Pokemon Universe threads, but I like the way they do gym battles. For instance, when I battle Brock, I shall control both Brock and myself and when Gray battles Brock, he will control both Brock and himself. It smooths things and stops the thread from getting filled up with posts saying "use this move". Besides, it would take too long to finish the gym battles.

The same would go for contest battles.

But, what if Camille and Castelia battle each other?

Also, Kuro and I have come up a plan for gym battles. You see, every trainer will have to schedule their gym battles for the next day. Then, we will all seek shelter at the Pokemon center. The next morning, the battles will happen.

Can I have the first battle against Brock? I'd prefer to get it out of the way quickly, and then have a few posts with training and character development.

If I may make a suggestion, in the Pokémon Universe RPG, people are mostly able to control Gym Leaders in their own Gym Matches because that would mean that they have full control of anything that happens in their own Gym Battle. This includes dramatic twists, evolutions, or anything that involve the match. As long as each person maintains the Gym Leader's character, it is okay.

As for Contest Battles, we make it so that every Player may control their opponent unless their opponent is another Player.

Ah Lone Wolf, that was my suggestion, I even said I got the idea from Pokemon Universe...

EDIT: Therefore, I'm obviously for it.

He did make the suggestion. I honestly would have no intention to post this suggestion if I hadn't seen the post by @acs1903.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom