• Hey all! We've started our annual Halloween shenanigans. See details here and here, and be sure to check out our new "Monster Mash" forum skin. Happy Halloween, everyone!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Pokémon Japanese DVD

OSfan

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He him his
Do you think Pokémon episodes in Japanese with English subtitles get released OFFICIALLY? I’m wondering if you know about beauty and the beach. It was dubbed into English. I was thinking does anyone else think it should be on DVD?

PaperSplash

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/him
I don't think you'll find many people who are against the idea of the Japanese version getting an official release overseas. It's not really a question of "should it happen?" but "is it even a possibility?".

I'm also not sure how Beauty and the Beach ties into this. The only reason it ended up airing at all in the west is because they were able to edit out the most objectionable content in the dub. But most if not all people who would want to watch a subtitled Japanese version would also want it completely unedited. So releasing the dub of that on DVD would be a whole different story from releasing an officially subtitled version.

halloween takoyaki

一日一歩
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him, any ok
My two cents:
I hope someday. Will it happen? Yeah, but years in the future. That's a huge catalog to take care of. And subbing new episodes...in addition?
Seems like lotsa work but I do think there's a shot.
...for now just resort to pirated fansubs :/...