• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon joins CN's Miguzi block on May 15th

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
The show will be airing on Cartoon Network's Miguzi block at 5:00pm EST beginning May 15th. Source: Toonzone

They're starting with "What You Seed is What You Get."

Oh, well, that's interesting.

Thanks for the info, Dogasu!! ^^

Although, I kinda wish they had started at the Pokemon Advanced season, since Cartoon Network never aired any episodes of that season (and they didn't air very many reruns of it on KidsWB for that matter either, which is a shame because I can think of at least 3 late PA episodes that only aired like once or twice and that was it).

Last edited:
They skipped over Season 4 and Season 6. Which is a shame because there were some episodes from early and late Season 6 I didn't have a chance to add to my "Best of Pokemon" archive.

I, too, am disheartened at not being able to experience late Johto and Early AG. Those were truly memorable episodes. 'Course, I'm thankful we get this much.

Now begs the question: Openings - Will we get 'em or not?

They should have at least started at the beginning of Hoenn.

Now they skipped the introduction of May and Max, the first 3 Gyms, May's first Contest, the introduction of Drew, the captures of Treecko/Taillow/Corphish/Torchic/Beautifly/Mudkip/Lotad and a whole bunch of other stuff.

I am hoping that we do get the openings, because as everyone knows, the actual Pokemon episode begins 'before' they show the opening theme.

It would be so stupid if they skipped the beginning of the episodes......

Anyway, I'm very glad that Pokemon has a weekday slot again (and I'm actually gonna be able to watch it too! Yay!). :-D

Hehe, at my college, they have a TV in the Student Lounge that is 'set' to the channel Cartoon Network at this particular time, I think. And that means Pokemon will be airing at my college. That is so awesome. XD

The Big Al said:
They skipped over Season 4 and Season 6. Which is a shame because there were some episodes from early and late Season 6 I didn't have a chance to add to my "Best of Pokemon" archive.
Oh, cool.

You have a "Best of Pokemon" archive?

The Big Al, are those a collection of Pokemon episodes that you've taped, like the very best ones or something?

They started from Season 1? Dang, I wish I could have seen them. And I didn't see anything in the middle part of Season 2.

PokemonTrainerLisa said:
Hehe, at my college, they have a TV in the Student Lounge that is 'set' to the channel Cartoon Network at this particular time, I think.

What? A television in college permanently set to Cartoon Network, and not Fox Sports or ESPN? Good heavens.

Well, RBYGSCRSFRLGEPD, I go to an art college. ^^

And the TV is in an area called the Student Lounge (located in the first floor), where students can go to relax in-between classes and stuff.

Although, the TV is set to different channels at different times of the day.

So, I think between the hours of like: 3:00 PM and 7:00 PM (or something), the TV is set to Cartoon Network at that time. XD

During the morning, and later evening hours, it's on a different channel.

It is 3:00 to 7:00, by the way. Lisa and I go to the same school, you see. And I'm going to be very happy that we're finally getting to watch Pokemon at school.

Oh, wow, I actually guessed right at those times! Now that is amazing, cause I was just guessing and wasn't exactly sure when the TV was set to CN! XD

Yeah, anyway though, isn't this AWESOME, Kyle?

Wait till everyone in the anime club hears this!! LOL. XD

And I can't wait to see the reactions of everyone in the Student Lounge, once Pokemon starts airing on May 15th!!!! :-D

*expects to hear people say, "OMG! Pokemon is coming on!? O_O" * XD

This IS Awesome! Although, I gotta admit, I'm gonna be disappointed that I'm not going to see Ash catch Taillow all over again. That was one of my favorite episodes...wait, which seasons are airing again?

The episode that Cartoon Network is starting with, "What You Seed Is What You Get", is season 7 - Pokemon Advanced Challenge.

So yeah, that means that CN is apparently skipping the Pokemon Advanced season, for some reason......

That doesn't make sense. Well, at least we won't have to put up with those god-awful voice actors...yet.

Apparently (looking at The Big Al's post), everything except Seasons 4 and 6. I think that excludes (looking at Dogasu's Backpack) all Pokémon Advanced episodes, which includes Taillow, I recall.

[Edit: Augh! I was too late. Never mind.]

That's the stupidest crap I've ever heard. Starting with Advanced Challenge? That's crap. Why is CN screwing with me again? There are a few episodes in Advanced I still needed to put on tape to make a complete set. Now, I'm not gonna get it! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Uh... Am I the only one that realises that it's to do with season 9?

Whilst I really can't be bothered throwing the numbers together fully, starting at Advanced Challenge does look likely to bring CN to the end of Season 8 (give or take a few double bills) just in time for Season 9 to start.

There are a few episodes in Advanced I still needed to put on tape to make a complete set. Now, I'm not gonna get it! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Buy the DVDs or visit [HASHTAG]#pocketmonsters[/HASHTAG].

I sure as hell hope Season 9 doesn't debut on weekdays. If they air 4-5 new episodes a week, we'll blow through the entire season in about 4 months, leaving us with 8 months of reruns.

Whenever CN gets Season 9, I sure as hell hope it's only one new episode a week.

There's a good chance that it will get dailyi premieres since that's how shows like Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, and countless other series have debuted on the network.

Which is why it's a shame that KidsWb dropped the show, seeing a bunch of episodes in a short amount of time is nice, but then the 8 month wait will be grueling.

And some people thought KidsWb airing 2 new episodes a Saturday was bad, this will be 10 times worse. :/

I am just really glad that the show is airing at a time when I can actually watch it (and I don't have class at that time). ^^

If CN picks up the new episodes and shows them at that time, I would definitely be able to watch them and tape them at 5:00 PM.

Wait a minute, how will CN air both the Advanced Challenge reruns and the new 9th season episodes (if they get those as well)? O_O

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom