• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVERYONE: Pokemon Journey: Indigo League

Pokemon Journey: Indigo Plateau

Chapter 7: Rematch

"This is an official rematch between Gym Leader Forrest and Gym Challenger Brandon Adams from Pallet Town!" The ref shouted, holding two flags in each hand. "This rematch will be fought using a two-on-two single battle format and will be over when both of one side's Pokemon are unable to battle! Furthermore, only the challenger may substitute Pokemon. Understood? Great, let the match begin!"

"Tangela, let's go!" Brandon shouted, summoning the vine Pokemon.

"Switching up the order I see, nice. I dig it," Forrest commentated. "I'll do the same then. Onix, you're up!"

A huge rock snake Pokemon materialized in front of Tangela. Brandon took out his dex and quickly scanned it with the voice reading back. "Onix, the rock snake Pokemon. Rock/Ground type. It rapidly bores through the ground at 50 mph by squirming and twisting its massive, rugged body."

"Lovely," Brandon muttered, putting away his dex. "Tangela, let's start off with a growth!"

"Onix, dig!" Forrest commanded.

Tangela began to grow a little while Onix quickly dug underneath the floor, burrowing underneath.

"Tangela, it came come up anywhere. Just be ready!" Brandon shouted, also keeping his eyes peeled. Suddenly Onix came up right underneath Tangela, tossing him high into the air.

"Onix, rock throw!" Forrest yelled out.

Onix uses his tail to break a jagged rock and began to fling the rocks towards the now falling Tangela, pelting him with rocks. Brandon gritted his teeth, as this was almost the way Geodude beat them the last time. He had to think of a way. His eyes fall on the spectator railings and an idea began to form in his head. It was out of the way right now but he needed to lure Onix towards them.

"Tangela, use stun spore!" Brandon shouted.

"Onix, use your tail to stop Tangela!" Forrest yelled.

While still falling, Tangela unleashed a field of orange powder, falling towards the ground and onto Onix, who roared and swung his tail at Tangela, trying to push him away. Tangela, instead, rolled down his tail like a ball and landed beside him.

"Nice job Tangela," Brandon complimented Tangela. "Use growth again!"

"Onix, use tackle!" Forrest called out.

Tangela grew a little more in size, while Onix came barrelling down on Tangela. Onix slams into Tangela, knocking him to the ground. Tangela, however, got up, facing Onix.

"I have to get Onix to fling Tangela again but I can't make it look like I want that," Brandon thought to himself. "How is the question."

"Brandon is up to something, but I can't seem to figure out what," Forrest thought to himself.

"Tangela, growth again!" Brandon shouted out again. "Then use bind!"

"Onix dig!" Forrest countered.

Tangela again grew in size and shot his vines towards Onix, who quickly dove underground again and thus escaping the binds. Brandon watched for an opening.

"Tangela, stay alert!" Brandon cried out.

Tangela keeps an eye on the battlefield, trying to predict where the rock snake Pokemon will emerge from. Suddenly, Onix burrowed right underneath Tangela, sending him flying once again into the air.

"Great job Onix. Use your tail and come in for a flying tackle!" Forrest commanded. As Onix was about to use his tail to jump, he suddenly became paralyzed momentarily.

"Now's our chance Tangela. Land on Onix and use absorb!" Brandon immediately cried out.

"Tangela!" Tangela cried out, angling towards Onix and landing on his head. Tangela immediately released some vines and began absorbing some of Onix' energy before jumping off him. The attack seemed to deal a good amount of damage as Onix cried out in pain.

"Awesome job Tangela. Use growth again!" Brandon ordered, hoping that Onix was still paralyzed.

"Onix, don't give in. Use dig again!" Forrest shouted.

Onix, now free of the paralyze, burrowed underneath the field once again, leaving several holes on the battlefield. Brandon was ready this time.

"Tangela, use stun spore!" Brandon called out, hoping to use the cloud to slow down Onix. Tangela immediately released a cloud of orange powder right as Onix came barrelling up, sending Tangela flying into the air again.

"Onix, use your tail to send Tangela flying again!" Forrest cried out as Tangela came falling down. Onix sent Tangela flying again, this time towards the spectators side. He stole a quick glance at Brandon, who was smiling. Forrest blinked for a second, not realizing why until he saw Onix fling Tangela across the map. His eyes widen, now understanding. "Onix, get out of there."

Brandon wasted no time in issuing his next attack. "Tangela, see those railings? Use your vines to wrap around them, swing yourself around and catapult towards Onix!"

Tangela unleashed his vines to quickly grab a hold of the railings, swung himself around so he's facing Onix, and using the momentum, he catapulted himself right at the rock snake Pokemon. There was a hard smack as Tangela smashed on the head of Onix, dazing him. He immediately began to use absorb, effectively knocking out Onix and winning the battle.

"Onix is unable to battle. The winner of the battle is Tangela," The ref shouted, raising the challenger flag. "Gym Leader Forrest, please send out your last Pokemon."

"Onix, return," Forrest said, recalling Onix. He unclipped another ball and held it in his hand. He nodded at Brandon. "Well done. I see you are much more comfortable then last time. That won't help you now though. Geodude, it's your turn!"

"Tangela, you did amazing. Take a rest," Brandon called out, recalling the vine Pokemon. "Squirtle, you're up!"

"Geodude vs Squirtle," The ref shouted. "Let the battle begin!"

"Geodude, use defense curl!" Forrest immediately calls out.

"Squirtle, use water gun!" Brandon called out.

Geodude began to roll in place as Squirtle unleashed a water gun towards him but Geodude was able to roll away from it. Squirtle kept up a barrage of water guns but Geodude was able to roll away from them.

"Squirtle, hold up," Brandon instructed. "Wait for an opening."

"Geodude, use defense curl," Forrest cried out.

Squirtle stood his ground, watching and waiting for an opening while Geodude began to roll around, making it tougher to hit it. For a moment, that's all that happened as both Brandon and Forrest were waiting for the other to make a move. Finally, Forrest broke the stalemate.

"Geodude, go in for a tackle!" Forrest commanded.

"Squirtle, you know what to do," Brandon shouted.

Forrest cocked an eyebrow as Geodude rolled right at Squirtle. Squirtle waited until the last second before turning his shell towards Geodude, allowing the shell to hit it.

"Grab it and toss it over your shoulder!" Brandon ordered. "Then a point blank water gun!"

Squirtle grabbed Geodude's arm and heaved it over his shoulder, before unleashing a water gun right in the face of Geodude. Geodude cried out, rolling away from the attack.

"I'm impressed Brandon," Forrest called out. "You are much more comfortable this time."

"Thank you," Brandon answered, though unsure of the compliment.

"I mean it," Forrest replied with a nod. "Geodude, you OK?"

"Geo," Geodude nodded. He rolled around and is now facing Squirtle.

"Good. Use sand attack!" Forrest cried out.

"Geo!" Geodude yelled, grabbing two fistful of dirt and throwing them into the air, causing a cloud dust and briefly obscuring his location.

Brandon thought about making a move but decided to wait it out. "Squirtle, we have seen this before. Lets wait it out!"

"Use rock throw through the dust!" Forrest yelled out.

"Squirtle, run to the right side!" Brandon shouted.

Squirtle began running towards the right side as rocks began to be thrown through the cloud. A few rocks hit Squirtle though he brushes off the pain.

"Now, get as close as you can and use water gun!" Brandon commanded.

"Squirt!" Squirtle cried out, as he ran towards the direction of where Geodude was last seen. Unfortunately, he fell into one of the holes Onix left behind, the drop causing him to cry out in pain.

"Geodude, cover that hole!" Forrest shouts, hoping to take advantage.

Brandon had to think of something quick as Geodude literally rolled right on top of the hole. "Squirtle, if you can hear me, use water gun on Geodude and see if you can push him off."

Brandon and Forrest both watch for a moment before Geodude rolled off the hole, crying out in pain. Squirtle pulls himself out of the hole a few seconds later, glaring at the rock Pokemon.

"Squirtle, let's finish this up with another water gun!" Brandon cries out.

Squirtle took aim and hit Geodude right in the face, effectively ending the battle and match. Ava and his parents began to clap for him.

"Geodude is unable to battle, which means the battle goes to Squirtle and the match goes to Brandon," The ref declared, raising the opponent's flag.

"Return Geodude," Forrest recalls the rock Pokemon and walks towards the center of the field. Brandon recalled Squirtle and joined him. Forrest hands over the Boulder Badge with Brandon pinning it on his shirt. "Congratulations Brandon. You came out strong in your rematch. Remember to keep battling any chance you can get."

"Thanks Forrest," Brandon said gratefully, shaking his hand. With a nod, he rejoined the others, a proud smile on his face. His parents wrapped him in a hug.

"Congratulations Brandon," His mom said, a proud smile on her face.

"That was a heck of a match," Fred commented, as the party leaves the gym. "This time, though. We really need to leave. But we are so proud of you."

"Thank you for sticking around. It meant a lot," Brandon replied, as they got to their car. He hugs them both again. "Have a safe trip. Let me know when you arrive."

"We will," Lisa said. She got into the passenger side with Fred in the driver seat. They backed up before waving goodbye before disappearing into the distance. Brandon looks over at Ava.

"Before we leave, I want to stop by the Pokemon Center, to get Squirtle and Tangela checked out," Brandon said.

"That's a great idea," Ava said, falling into step with Brandon. "That was quite the match. You seemed much more comfortable this time around."

"I think the battle with Saul gave me that confidence and allowed me to get comfortable," Brandon replied, walking back into the Pokemon Center. He walks towards the counter before stopping and speaking to Ava. "Meet you in the lounge in about 20 minutes?"

"Sounds good. I'm going to grab my stuff," Ava said, heading up to her room.

"Hello Nurse Joy," Brandon greets her, unclipping his Pokeballs and placing them on the counter. "Can you give Squirtle and Tangela a quick check up before we depart please?"

"No problem," Nurse Joy replied, handing the Pokeballs to Chansey. She spotted the badge pinned on his shirt and pulls out a small wooden yellow box that had a glossy finish. She hands it over to Brandon. "I'm so sorry. We forgot to give this to you when you registered. This is a badge case."

"Oh wow. Thank you," Brandon said, taking the box. He unpins his badge, opens the badge case and places the badge in the respective slot. He looks back at Nurse Joy. "This will be our last day in Pewter City. Do I check out now, or should I go grab my stuff first?"

"I would advise you to grab your stuff first," Nurse Joy said. "And it will allow us time to make sure your Pokemon are feeling great."

"Sounds good. I will go collect my things then," Brandon says, leaving the counter and heading upstairs. He opens the door to his room and wanders in. He began to pack up all his clothes and tidies up the room before sitting down at the PC. He quickly fired off an email before getting up. His eyes wander the room, making sure he has everything before grabbing his bag and heading back to the trainer's lounge. He hands in his room key, takes his Pokemon and sits down, waiting for Ava to come down.

Within about ten minutes, Ava came down and nodded her head. She also got Eevee and Omanyte checked out as well, and soon, they were staring down Route Three, ready for their next adventure.

Courmaline, Kalos

Kelly stretches her arms, almost ready for bed. She had just heard about Brandon's victory, which brought a smile to her face. Her parents are expected to land tomorrow in Lumoise City before taking a bus to Courmaline, so Kelly wanted to get extra sleep. Before heading to bed, she heard a ping and saw she had a new email. Curious, she opens it and reads it as a smile forms on her face. Once she finishes reading it, she turns off the lights in her room and lays down, and soon was in a relaxing sleep. Her email was still open on the PC.

"Hey Kelly, I hope everything is going alright in Kalos. I'm sure you have heard by now that I won my rematch. Actually, I have you to thank for that. I'm not sure exactly what you said but I know you had a hand in having mom and dad stay, knowing that it would delay your visit and journey. Don't think for a second I haven't noticed all the sacrifices you have made for me over the years. You have inspired me to become a great trainer, and I am looking forward to our first full battle. Anyways, I am heading out now. Good luck and I love you. Brandon."

Since people have asked for it, here is the team summary:

Team Listings:

Brandon Adams:

Squirtle - Male, Torrent ability. Knows Water Gun, tackle, Withdraw

Tangela - Male, Leaf Guard ability. Knows Bind, Stun Spore, Absorb, Growth

Ava Mcarthur:

Eevee - Female. Run Away ability. Knows tackle.

Omanyte - Male. Unknown ability. Knows: Unknown

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom