• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Journey: Kanto *Start-Up*

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Alright it looks like we have a group of people traveling together now. Whatd'ya think Squirtle?" She asked?
"Squir!" (Woohoo!)

"Eh-heh, professor?" Olive asked the old man timidly. "Can I take one?"

"Totodile, toto totodile, dile." (Don't worry, I can handle pain, We should probably stop playing, I think.) Totodile told Cyndaquil gesturing to return to their trainers.

"Great I can't wait!" Logan said to the others. "I just have to stop at home quickly."

"Go ahead." The Professor told Olive.

"The four of us traveling through Kanto together! This is gonna be sweet!" he happily said, getting ready to leave. He also got some pokeballs from the professor "C'mon, Cyndaquil! Adventure awaits, little buddy!" he said to him as he walked back to him.

Cyndaquil didn't have as much resilisance as he could tell Totodile had. He was picked up by Justin soon

"Yea I probably should head back to my house for a minute two. How about everyone in the group meet back here in 30 minutes?" Patrice suggested.
"Squirtle? You ready to meet my family?"
"Squirtle Squir?" (Uhh.. I think?)

Raine walked over to Professor Oak. "Excuse me," she said, "but may I have a Pokemon?"

Jack was startled by the boy, due to the fact that his mind had only been focused on stealing a Pokedex. "My Pokemon? I'm not quite sure what it is just yet, but it's definitely stronger than that." he said, pointing to Oshawott. "That's not a Pokemon, that's a plush toy!"

OOC: Think of Jack kinda like Silver.

Soren glanced down at the Poke' Ball he held in his hand. The thing seemed to shake a bit, as if Oshawott had heard the comment and understood it. "Hey, cute and dangerous, that pretty much cements it as my type of Pokemon," The black haired kid replied, grinning. "So you chose your starter at random? That's insanely cool, actually. Makes it more of an adventure." He paused, glancing back to where Lysander was hopefully still waiting. "Though you can't really say it's stronger than my Oshawott if you don't plan on testing the theory."

"Hmm, thank you," she replied mildly, now browsing the Poké Balls remaining for a suitable Pokémon. She spotted a red Ball with a small raindrop symbol emblazoned on it, depicting the Water-type.

Olive clutched the Poké Ball and considered pressing the button in. "This could be some sort of foreign Water-type Pokémon. I know for sure that I want to train a Water-type. I have been since I was five." Olive's thoughts were rarely clear and straightforward, so she knew that this was her choice. The Trainer released the Pokémon from its Ball.

"Piplup!" A small, blue, penguin-like Pokémon materialized on the ground between Olive and the professor. Olive picked up the unfamiliar Water-type.

"Yep! This one's for me! Thanks, Oak." She rubbed the Piplup's head softly. "As for you… I'll name you Pip. You be good, now!"

-----

Dale finally arrived at the base of the hill. Seeing many Trainers there, he decided to adopt his funny, casual persona and start up a conversation. Taking into account the commotion that was sounding throughout Oak Labs, Dale figured that it would be a while before he ran out of time. "Charmander can wait," he thought as he bounded up the hill looking considerably happier.

The Professor answered Raine, "Sure, just take one." He still didn't realize she was blind and assumed she could just grab one on her own.

Logan answered Partrice, "Sure." He then looked down at Totodile who was now standing next to him. "Hey buddy, you wanna come see my mom and dad before we leave?"
Totodile looked up at him and smiled, "Totodile!" (Yes Please!)
"Great, let's go." Logan said to his Pokemon.
The two of them ran out of Oak's lab. Logan was sprinting as fast as he could and Totodile was trying to keep pace. Logan had to stop occasionally to let Totodile catch up. They ran down the street and entered Logan's house.

OOC: Will be back at 5....

"My family isn't from around here so me and Cyndaquil will just wait outside the lab." Justin told Logan and Patrice, soon walking out of the lab carrying his new Cyndaquil. He sat down on a bench outside the lab, setting Cyndaquil next to him. "Y'know, Cyndaquil. I'm really happy we're gonna travel together. I really hope you and me are gonna be great friends!" he said, rubbing the Cyndaquil's warm back

Cyndaquil looked up at Justin, smiling at him. "C-Cynda. Cyndaaaquil." (I-I uhh I hope so. I'm glad you chose me cause you're so nice to me!) the young Cyndaquil happily told Justin, soon being picked up and being held close to Justin.

"I can already tell we'll be great buds, Cyndaquil!" Justin said to the timid fire type. "I'll do whatever it takes to be the best trainer and the best friend you'll ever have!"

"M-myself? Okay." She felt around the table, only, her hand didn't touch a Pokeball once.

Jack gritted his teeth. "It could be a Magikarp, and it would still be better than the rest of the Pokemon here. If you ask me, that sounds like a challenge!"

Nathan decided to wait at the front of the lab aswell, seeing he didn't have any relatives in the surrounding area. He put Turtwig on the ground then pulled out his new Pokedex and said, "Let's learn a little bit more about you" The Pokemon tilted its head to the side appearing confused. The device then began to speak, "Turtwig, the Tiny Leaf Pokémon. Its shell is made of earth and when it absorbs water, it becomes harder. This Turtwig's moves are, Tackle and Withdraw" Turtwig the smiled and hopped up and down having realized the Pokedex was talking about his species. "Seems to me you're gonna make an awesome partner"

"Pardon me, sir, but would you like to join us on our Pokemon Adventure?" Eliot asks Dale, seeing him run down the hill.

Soren pressed the release button on the Poke' Ball he held. In a flash of light his 'Plush Toy' Pokemon was revealed, materializing on the ground in front of the two beginner trainers. The little blue creature stood with his arms crossed, tapping his dark blue foot and sending the mysterious trainer a sideways glare. <If he's not challenging you, I most definitely am!> The Water Type's body language portrayed his feelings more than his limited vocabulary could.

Seeing his Pokemon for the first time, Soren had to resist the urge to tell the thing how adorable it was. Mimicking his Oshawott's posture, he responded, "If it sounded like I'm challenging you, I probably was. Let's see how great your Super-Magikarp is."

----

Lysander was observing the confrontation from where he stood at the bottom of the hill. Soren was usually one to avoid hostility, and he either hadn't noticed or was choosing to ignore the fact that the kid he was challenging wasn't a friendly sort. The older teen was halfway torn between marching up the hill and dragging his nephew off to route one, or taking off on his own and letting the kid fend for himself. Seeing as he was only going on his journey as a promise to look out for the boy, the second wasn't really an option. Keeping him from going back up to fetch his wayward companion was the fact that, well, seeing him get thrashed by another trainer might actually be amusing. Besides, Lysander /had/ warned the boy against battling while still in Pallet.

Oak watched the girl feel around the table and wasn't sure if she was blind or just weird. He reached for the Pokeball containing a grass pokemon named Bulbasaur and handed it to her. He made sure she had a grip on the ball and let go. "The Pokemon in that ball is called a Bulbasaur, it is a grass type." Oak told her.

Logan entered his house and Totodile followed him. They walked into the kitchen where Logan's mom and dad were standing.
Logan's Mom jumped out of her seat and ran over to her son. She hugged him and then picked up the Totodile that was standing next to Logan. "Oh my, what a cute Totodile!" She exclaimed.
"Thanks Mom." Logan replied. Totodile was smiling as usual and returning the affection with a hug.
Logan's father walked over and said, "Well son, you think you're gonna be heading on your way?"
"Yeah, I should be heading off soon."

Logan and his family exchanged a teary and heartfelt goodbye. Logan's mother gave him some food for the road and his father gave him some spending money. He hugged them again before leaving his house and heading back to Oak's lab to meet up with his new friends.

Patrice opened the door to her house and saw her mom and dad sitting down to eat breakfast.
"Honey! You're back! Let me see your Pokemon!" Her mom said.
Patrice put Squirtle down and he ran over to her parents.
Her dad smiled and said "Oh, a Squritle? A good choice, a good friend of mine had a Squirtle, and let me tell you-"
"DAD!" Patrice interrupted "As much as I'd love to hear another one of your 5 hour stories, I have people I need to meet with in less than a half hour so can we move a long?"
"Right, of course!" Her dad replied
After many "love-hate goodbyes", Patrice left her house waving goodbye to her parents. She then walked back to the lab to meet up with her other group members.

Ciel decides to get a small head start on his journey decideing that Eliot and Reine could catch up. He decided that he would attepted to catch his first pokemon. But before doing so he scanned his Zorua with his Pokedex. Zorua, The Tricky Fox Pokemon. To protect themselves from danger, they hide their true identities by transforming into people and Pokémon. This Pokemon is capable of the following moves. Pursuit, Faint Attack, Furry Swipes, and Incinerate. "Okay, lets do this Zorua." Ciel cheered. "Zorua! (Right)" Zorua then perched himself on Ciel's shoulder as Ciel searched the Tall Grass for Pokemon. After a few minutes Ciel found a Wurpme. "Perfect, Zorua use Incinerate!" Zorua then released a weak beam of fire which scorched Wurmple it then attacked with string shot, inhibiting Zorua's movement. "Zorua use Faint Attack!" Ciel order. Zorua then disapeared and reappeared behind Wurmple devilering a sucker punch. "Go Poke'ball." Ciel yelled as he threw a Pokeball at wurmple. The ball shook several times before finally settiling. "I caught a Wurmple!" Ciel cheered. "Zorua! (Yay!)." Zorua cheered.

Justin had been sitting at Oak's lab chatting with his new Cyndaquil. He seemed to be growing close with him already. "Y'know, Cyndaquil...How about I give you a nickname?" he said as he waited.

Cyndaquil seemed to like the idea "C-Cynda!? Cyndaaa?" (A-A nickname!? Well uhh what do you wanna call me?) he asked.

Justin thought a bit, staring at the young Pokemon "Hmmm how about Ty? I think its a cute name for such a cute Pokemon!" he happily said to him.

Cyndaquil blushed a bit at the cute comment, though he didn't object. "C-Cyndaquil!" (I-I love it, Justin!) he told him, looking up at him with a smile on his face. He soon hugged his trainer

Patrice walked towards the lab when she noticed one of the kids from her group with his Cyndaquil.
"Hey, you're Justin right?" She asked. "I'm Patrice. This is Squirtle"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom