• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Pokémon Journey: The Kalos Days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrence finished his sandwich, wiping his mouth. "That was a good sandwich, wasn't it?"

"Swamp!" Marty agreed.

"Well, Marty, I say we go and meet some new people and Pokemon. What do you think?"

"Swamp Swampert Swamp!"

Laughing, Terrence left to meet the crowd of trainers, Marty following close behind him.

"Hey, dude. I'm Enzo, this is my Empoleon Forza." As if responding, Forza grinned happily. "Poleon!" Patting him on the head, Enzo suddenly asked, "is anyone up for a battle?"

A short distance from the ferry Hayden found what seemed to be a moderately popular cafe. Ordering a cheap roll, he sat down at an outdoor table, pulled out his Pokegear again, and began eating. Going over the map again, Hayden confirmed that he should head North, through a forest towards Santalune City. He decided that while in Kalos, he might as well challenge the gyms. He had nothing better to do, and it would encourage him to explore the region.

Finishing his roll, he looked up and noticed a nearby man struggling to read a map. He had an Umbreon next to him, although it looked rather disinterested. After a moment, his urge to help the man outweighed his timidness. "Excuse me sir, could you use some help?" Hayden asked, approaching the man.

"You look like a good trainer." Eliot said. He was facing Terrence and Marty. He went over to them. He then held his hand out to the Swampert for a handshake.

"I'm Eliot. What kind of Pokemon do you like?" He asked Marty the Swampert.

Jaide quickly blushed at Eliot's words. "W-What are you even talking about?" Finn quickly walked away from the girl, saying. "F-Fine!"

Hearing the challenge, Terrence turned to his partner. "Marty what do you think?"

"Swamp!"

Turning back to Enzo, Terrence shouted, "I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"I've done my research." Eliot said to Jaide. "The best teams have certain elements. Pokemon, martial artists, swordsmen who fight using spirits of the dead...They need stuff like a hot blooded leader, a cute girl, a badass right-hand man...Maybe a rival at some point too." Eliot said.

"And a prettyboy, of course." Eliot said, looking at Finn. "A force like that can conquer anything. That's simply the way the world works."

Swampert seemed rather startled, then shook the offered hand. "Swamp Swamp Swampert Swamp," he replied.

(Hmm, I wonder how I'm gonna get my character to interact with the others....

Anyone up for a battle?)

"Hey, you! What's you name? I challenge you to a battle!" Enzo reached for his Pokeballs, only to realize they were empty.. Oh well. Even if Empoleon was weak to Ground types, he had some effective moves.

((OOC: Geez guys, slow down! I can hardly keep up! xD))

Adam finished eating, crumbling up his paper wrapper and tossing it into the nearby recycling can. As he got out of his seat, he couldn't help but notice a rather large gathering of trainers and Pokemon near the ferry. He recognized some of them from the ferry ride here.

"Come on Melody, let's go see what all the commotion is about." he said cheerfully to his Pokemon.

"Chime!" Melody replied enthusiastically. Adam walked up to the group, before speaking up.

"Is this where the party's at?" he asked, chuckling a bit.

Emery simply watched as Finn walked away, not quite sure why he seemed upset, but deciding not to press on it. Putting on a smile, she turned back towards Jake.

"Yes," she answered. "Zorua's have the ability to transform into any Pokémon in their memory in order to disguise themselves from predators. Being as they aren't exactly common either, they have to worry about mean people as well as Pokémon coming after them as well."

Jaide and Finn gave each other confused looks before looking back at Eliot. "Um, okay then." Jaide nervously replied, rubbing the back of her neck. Finn stood there fuming, as his thoughts rumbled about with the term, "pretty boy".

"So...um..." Jaide began. "You going on a journey." She quickly shook her head. "That's right, you said so earlier."

"My name's Terrence, and I accept your challenge!" Terrence replied.

"Swamp!" Marty echoed enthusiastically.

Jake watched Finn go, a little puzzled. Turning back to Emery, he said, "I've heard of them even turning into people too. Where I'm from, we don't see them much. I've actually only seen pictures of Zorua in books and on television." He smiled and pet Zorua's ears.

"Yeah. I want to become champion." Eliot said. His smile wavered for a fraction of a tournament. "I have my reasons." He then turned to the Swampert.

"You seem pretty smart." He said, nodding. "It's nice to meet you, Marty."

Enzo grinned. "Empoleon, Grass Knot!" Seeing that Swampert was much heavier, the move proved to be even more effective. "Now, Drill Peck!" As Pokémon and Trainer fell in sync, the accuracy the two had worked so hard on to perfect finally paid off.

The Zorua tensed, and it was very much noticeable as it pulled slowly back into Emery. The dark-type's owner giggled petting the Zorua herself and petting it, which seemed to instantly calm it down and made it relax its muscles. "Don't take it personally. She doesn't take too well to people. It took a while for her to get used to me."

((Everyone is kind of just introducing themselves. Eliot is forming a group and Enzo and Terrence are battling.))

Jake also tried to elicit a laugh, but it was obvious that he was embarrassed. "So, uh, what's your name?"

Arcanine sighed. "I'm not all that scary," he mumbled to Zorua.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom