• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Journeys and Master Journeys are leaving Netflix in March

Brings a whole new meaning to "
320px-JN_Netflix_Card.png
"
Honestly I don't understand why Netflix calls it that when they're not involved in the production of the anime at all, they're just 'the service that is streaming the series in the United States' lol.

That doesn't make it A Netflix Original Series.

Also I feel like any talk of how TPCI is wanting to 'wipe the slate clean' for Horizons is leaning a bit into...conspiracy-ish stuff to me? Like this is probably something as simple as 'the rights Netflix has to stream the Journeys anime is expiring and they, for one reason or another, don't want to renew it to keep streaming it', nothing as nefarious (lol) as TPCI trying to forget the Ash and Pikachu era of the anime.

Welp, I guess I can toss what I said earlier out the window.

The expiration dates are gone from the pages now so it seems Netflix has managed to renew them for a little longer.

So panic over - Journeys and Master Journeys isn't going anywhere (at least for now anyway).

Welp, I guess I can toss what I said earlier out the window.

The expiration dates are gone from the pages now so it seems Netflix has managed to renew them for a little longer.

So panic over - Journeys and Master Journeys isn't going anywhere (at least for now anyway).
That is good news to hear. Getting rid of most of Journeys less than a year after it wrapped up just rubbed me the wrong way. It also felt like such a strange decision on Netflix's part if they were still willing and able to distribute the Horizons dub.

I want the second part, I was halfway through the Indigo League when Netflix removed it.
I feel like its really unfair to only have half of the season. The whole season builds up towards Ash going to the Pokémon League, but Netflix cuts it off short and we never get to see the conclusion. It basically makes everything that has happened in the season for nothing because we never even see the outcome

Honestly I don't understand why Netflix calls it that when they're not involved in the production of the anime at all, they're just 'the service that is streaming the series in the United States' lol.

Not just streaming to the "United States", but also to Brazil and, probably, to many other countries. Other than that, I agree with you.

Best I can say is to just keep binging as much as you're interested in doing and even using it as background noise when doing something like reading or playing Switch, 3DS or any handheld.

As an aside, I know some people on here are fans of Black and White (Best Wishes). Cool. So it needs to be noted that said season, legally free on TubiTV if you want to support another Season beyond what paid sites have.

I feel like its really unfair to only have half of the season. The whole season builds up towards Ash going to the Pokémon League, but Netflix cuts it off short and we never get to see the conclusion. It basically makes everything that has happened in the season for nothing because we never even see the outcome

Season One only covers the first 52 episodes of Kanto. Netflix isn't "cutting it off short," they're simply following the original definition of what a Pokémon season is.

I was abt to say “FCUK” when I saw this, but it says it’s leaving the US Netflix.. I’m Australian…. I feel so bad for you guys =(

So, do we know if they are leaving soon, or are they sticking around for a little while?
It was already confirmed last month that the expiration dates for Journeys and Master Journeys are gone, so they should be sticking around for awhile at least. Unless Netflix stops being the U.S. distributor of the dub, I don't see them letting any of the seasons they have expire anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom