• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pokémon Journeys climax trailer

I'd love nothing more than to see Paul DESTROY Ash in another full battle similar to their one at Lake Acuity.Not too fond of Paul possibly owning a Garchomp but it is what it is.
It's an absolutely terrible idea to throw away a whole series' worth of character development just for some edgy shots for a 2010-style AMV.

It's an absolutely terrible idea to throw away a whole series' worth of character development just for some edgy shots for a 2010-style AMV.
First of all I don't care about some silly AMV.Second of all you wouldn't want to see Ash and Paul battle it out once more?Look it doesn't have to be Paul stomping Ash in like in the past but I and a lot of people want to see them duke it out again.All of the battles they had back in DP were intense so we should expect the same thing in JN.

You're probably one of those people that didn't like the idea of Paul coming back just because his storyline with Ash & Infernape already ended.Well Gary gets to come back multiple times since he retired as a trainer and despite not doing anything of real significance nobody seems to complain.

First of all I don't care about some silly AMV.Second of all you wouldn't want to see Ash and Paul battle it out once more?Look it doesn't have to be Paul stomping Ash in like in the past but I and a lot of people want to see them duke it out again.All of the battles they had back in DP were intense so we should expect the same thing in JN.

You're probably one of those people that didn't like the idea of Paul coming back just because his storyline with Ash & Infernape already ended.Well Gary gets to come back multiple times since he retired as a trainer and despite not doing anything of real significance nobody seems to complain.
....What?

No, I just doen't want to see him, and I quote, "DESTROY" Ash, and I assume the bold implies that Paul is gonna be all serious and edgy while doing it like freakin' Shadow The Hedgehog.
I wouldn't mind if they battled and I wouldn't mind if Paul wins, but I hate when the Anime aknowledges past series' only by their Status quo and ignores the actual events. Paul has changed after losing in DP, and his return should reflect that. He shouldn't go back to being an epic anime grumpy cat.

Based off that whole "Ash becomes more invinicble" quote and the way they're building to what they call the "utimate battle" I doubt Paul wins but is getting the Korrina/Iris role of being there so Ash can advance to the next class. They may or may not mention Paul had defeated Brandon at some point.

I'd have preferred they showed Ash's progress by having him beat a league rival he didn't already defeat like Tyson or such, but c'est la vie.

....What?

No, I just doen't want to see him, and I quote, "DESTROY" Ash, and I assume the bold implies that Paul is gonna be all serious and edgy while doing it like freakin' Shadow The Hedgehog.
I wouldn't mind if they battled and I wouldn't mind if Paul wins, but I hate when the Anime aknowledges past series' only by their Status quo and ignores the actual events. Paul has changed after losing in DP, and his return should reflect that. He shouldn't go back to being an epic anime grumpy cat.
Well if you saw him in the preview he still had the same look he had in DP (RBF).So it's very unlikely he did a complete 180 in his character.Cross your fingers on him not calling Goh pathetic.

Based on how he treated Electivire at the end of the final battle with Ash and then smiling at Ash/Infernape it could imply he stopped being abusive to his pokemon like he was with Chimchar,but his older brother Reggie did state that he always had a cruel streak in him.I really think it's unrealistic to think he would just become a happy-go-lucky nonserious person just because of his loss to Ash at the Sinnoh League,I just don't see that happening.It'll probably be in a similar fashion with Neji from Naruto.

Your comments tell me you didn't like the Paul character at all in DP.His character was refreshing from what we usually got in the series.He played a big part in DP taking a more serious tone,anytime he entered in the scene the atmosphere was 100% serious,no comedy or sunshine & rainbows.

Last edited:
What's wrong with him having a garchomp?
Well Cynthia already has one along with Gastrodon which Paul has as well.Giving him a Garchomp that is heavily associated with one of the champions just seems weird to me.If you don't that's fine I'm not gonna argue back and forth about it.But these are the list of pokemon I could see him having in his return.

-Mega Aggron
-Ursaluna
-Torterra
-Coalossal
-Corviknight
-Electivire

Well Cynthia already has one along with Gastrodon which Paul has as well.Giving him a Garchomp that is heavily associated with one of the champions just seems weird to me.If you don't that's fine I'm not gonna argue back and forth about it.But these are the list of pokemon I could see him having in his return.

-Mega Aggron
-Ursaluna
-Torterra
-Coalossal
-Corviknight
-Electivire
Nah I was just curious what your reason was. I don't care either way if he gets a garchomp. I think your list is actually pretty spot on. The only issue is ursuluna. Only because I doubt anyone is getting a hisuian pokemon. But it's not impossible so who knows. I might replace ursuluna with grimsnarl tho.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom