• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Pokémon Journeys Replaces Its Series Director

I just want to take a personal note here if I may.

I have been regularly writing on a local magazine's monthly issue. It is lasting for longer than seven years for me. Committing to something like that on a regular basis sure is an exhausting process to begin with. It is not that easy to come up with something as original as the previous work of yours, which is a high bar challenge you do with yourself. I went through a quite tragic process some time ago, and those times took me down so badly that I sometimes couldn't think properly or had no will to do something I would normally love, write for that magazine on something I am expert at. Even now when I go back and check my articles from those times, I can see how better those works could have been handled.

When I see how skeptical this whole thing seems to be, I can't help but relate to it in a way or another. My director was an understanding woman who, I can only assume, waited until I got over this process, and if she did so, I can only be thankful that she is well aware that people behind those works are indeed human beings with feelings. If it wasn't for the money that I needed, I would have quit my job and focus on myself getting better at those times instead of carrying a yet another heavy burden on my shoulders.

If Ms. Kodaira left her position because of personal reasons, I only hope that it is actually her decision to focus on herself and not that she had to be replaced by a higher decision. People can't control what revolves around their lives and sometimes it is okay to take a step back and just let them cover and deliver something better when the time comes. For what it's worth, the good and the bad, I have been enjoying PM19 quite well, and she did a fine job up to that point in my opinion, and I hope that the replacement only means better for her and rest of the team working for the new series.

I'm hoping that something good potentially comes from the change in staff (though Maki did the best she could), the show really needs to get it's ass back in gear and go back to doing what it did best before the start of Journeys: making the show truly feel like a Pokémon adventure and not just characters messing around doing nothing for 22 minutes.

Tbh that's what I thought about a lot of Sun & Moon, especially during its first year. I wonder if that's a Daiki Tomiyasu thing? Journeys reminds me of SM in the sense that it feels unfocused but has enough good episodes to keep me watching.

I wanted to get this out of my chest for a while and I’m sorry if I trigger some of you this is just my opinion and I’m sorry if this makes you mad but I honestly hate the cinderace x lucario ship it’s just so stupid to me I’m just like why... just why.. it makes me feel sick I can’t stop seeing it I can’t stop thinking about it it’s everywhere literally the first thing that comes up when searching for cinderace it’s so stupid seriously I can’t it’s too much it has ruined my POV of the whole show seriously I can’t do anything without thinking about it and I been wanting to stop watching but I can’t because it’s everywhere on my YouTube it’s everywhere on everywhere I go it’s a curse that keeps following me and it doesn’t even make sense at least lopunny x cinderace makes sense since they’re both bunnies or cinderace x inteleon because they’re both on the same region same gen and it’s just ugghhhh whyyy I seriously hope that the new director does at least something to stop it like seriously I’m not even kidding when I say that it has been haunting me I don’t know why I don’t want to hate it I don’t want to do anything with it I jus hate it for some reason and I don’t understand why it’s just so overrated my gosh I wish ash never got a lucario

Not trying to hate in anyone here if you like the ship it is okay I’m just saying my opinion on it again please don’t get mad at me I’m sorry if this message offends you

I wanted to get this out of my chest for a while and I’m sorry if I trigger some of you this is just my opinion and I’m sorry if this makes you mad but I honestly hate the cinderace x lucario ship it’s just so stupid to me I’m just like why... just why.. it makes me feel sick I can’t stop seeing it I can’t stop thinking about it it’s everywhere literally the first thing that comes up when searching for cinderace it’s so stupid seriously I can’t it’s too much it has ruined my POV of the whole show seriously I can’t do anything without thinking about it and I been wanting to stop watching but I can’t because it’s everywhere on my YouTube it’s everywhere on everywhere I go it’s a curse that keeps following me and it doesn’t even make sense at least lopunny x cinderace makes sense since they’re both bunnies or cinderace x inteleon because they’re both on the same region same gen and it’s just ugghhhh whyyy I seriously hope that the new director does at least something to stop it like seriously I’m not even kidding when I say that it has been haunting me I don’t know why I don’t want to hate it I don’t want to do anything with it I jus hate it for some reason and I don’t understand why it’s just so overrated my gosh I wish ash never got a lucario
Not trying to hate in anyone here if you like the ship it is okay I’m just saying my opinion on it again please don’t get mad at me I’m sorry if this message offends you
I don't think this is the correct thread for this subject.

When the director going to change?
Hard to say considering that production is usually quite a bit in advance. We probably won’t see the effects of the change for at least a few months down the pipeline.
IIRC, the director's name changed in the opening credits a few episodes ago. Somewhere around episode 55.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom