• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Pokemon Journeys: Sword/Shield Chapter

PokeFan2005

Reaction score
The giant sized Pokémon are rampaging about!? Satoshi and Gou set off to research the strange phenomenon taking place there in the Galar Region. Once they arrive, our heroes come face to face with the giant, rampaging Pokémon themeselves! In order to save everyone from this danger, Satoshi fights alongside the King Dande while Gou works with the aspiring Pokémon Professor Sonia to try to unravel the mystery behind what's going on. Its turn out the rampage is being caused by an organization scheming behind the scenes to recreate the "Black Night" , a great catastrophe that befell the Galar Region a long, long time ago! Once all the mysteries are solved the revival of this great catastrophe will roar out across the land! Just as it seems as through the entire Galar Region is being thrown in a whirlwind of chaos the two Legendary heroes awaken from their slumber.

Ashpower

Reaction score
The giant sized Pokémon are rampaging about!? Satoshi and Gou set off to research the strange phenomenon taking place there in the Galar Region. Once they arrive, our heroes come face to face with the giant, rampaging Pokémon themeselves! In order to save everyone from this danger, Satoshi fights alongside the King Dande while Gou works with the aspiring Pokémon Professor Sonia to try to unravel the mystery behind what's going on. Its turn out the rampage is being caused by an organization scheming behind the scenes to recreate the "Black Night" , a great catastrophe that befell the Galar Region a long, long time ago! Once all the mysteries are solved the revival of this great catastrophe will roar out across the land! Just as it seems as through the entire Galar Region is being thrown in a whirlwind of chaos the two Legendary heroes awaken from their slumber.

is me or the color of the background color matches each boy Ash wiht zacian and go wiht zamazenta also nice start giving that is how they know the dog on the games

Jez

Fan of Team Rocket since 1998/99
Reaction score
I wonder where is Kojirou and why Miki Shinichiro is not present with Inuko, Megumi and Masafumi Mima ... Even the Wobbuffet V.A is here... It's so strange, why?

Last edited:

Panky..

uh...?
Reaction score
I'm sure Victor and Gloria will help Ash and Goh during the arc.

DynamicFusion

based.
Reaction score
I think they are getting this out of the way (just like how SM got Aether out of the way except with more build-up) so that they can cover whatever main plot the DLC's have next. I solely blame Corporate for the way they are rushing this.

Silktree

Not Dead
Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't say this feels too early but rather the plot hasn't done enough to justify the build up. Like, if Ash had been competing in the Galar Cup instead of the PWC I reckon we would have met Rose, probably had a few more Eternatus cameos, met the Doggos and gotten more hints behind the backstory of the Legendary Hero already. :unsure:
Not everyone enjoys being drip-fed what we already know from the games, which really don't offer much. You can read the manga for that. Also, the "legendary hero" is just a myth that was spread by a royalty family who didn't want to give credit to the wolves. The backstory is literally as simple as "the wolves saved the day against Eternatus and a bunch of Dynamaxed Pokemon," which is exactly what will happen in this arc.

Sobble Bubble-O-Seven

Sobble is my spirit animal.
Reaction score
I think they are getting this out of the way (just like how SM got Aether out of the way except with more build-up) so that they can cover whatever main plot the DLC's have next. I solely blame Corporate for the way they are rushing this.
Honestly, that wouldn't surprise me. Seems likely to me.

Or maybe the writers are getting this arc out of the way because they didn't like what Game Freak did with the games and are doing this as a subtle jab at GF. :wynaut:

Hidden Mew

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I think a bigger issue is the episodic format/world traveling gimmick of the series. They may want to cover more of the DLC too, but I think trying to take a more episodic format from the start limited what buildup they could have had. I think that they could have thrown in some more hints with Chairman Rose at least with this setup, but since they were traveling to different regions in most episodes only to go back to their homebase at the end, I think that made buildup to this plot less of a priority. The Nebby arc didn't really have any buildup either prior to Ash getting Nebby. They had more episodes to work with, but I'm not sure how much that helped. A lot of the changes to Lillie's characterization and her relationship with Lusamine made it harder for the plot to be adapted well even with the extra time in my opinion.

Honestly, that wouldn't surprise me. Seems likely to me.

Or maybe the writers are getting this arc out of the way because they didn't like what Game Freak did with the games and are doing this as a subtle jab at GF. :wynaut:

Considering that this is the first multi-part arc in the series, that's such a needlessly harsh read. I'm sure that it's a joke, but it doesn't make sense to me. Putting the issue with the lack of buildup on hold for a moment, they are doing something more with Galar than they've done with any of the other regions thus far in this series. That doesn't really give off the impression that they hated the games and want to rush through Using this as another excuse to just hate Game Freak rubs me the wrong way too. That isn't to say that they don't warrant any criticism. There are plenty of valid/understandable issues with them, but taking this potentially rushed adaptation of the Sword/Shield storyline as a sign that the writers wanted to make a subtle jab at Game Freak even as a joke just seems a bit much to me. To be fair, I also just find it annoying for virtually any conversation about Sword/Shield to circle back into hating on Game Freak at this point, so that doesn't help matters for me personally.

DynamicFusion

based.
Reaction score
The Nebby arc didn't really have any buildup either prior to Ash getting Nebby. They had more episodes to work with, but I'm not sure how much that helped. A lot of the changes to Lillie's characterization and her relationship with Lusamine made it harder for the plot to be adapted well even with the extra time in my opinion.
To be honest, how much you like the Nebby/Aether Arc or not depends on how much more liberal you are on overlooking Technical Writing Faults. Personally I feel like the Relationship between Lusamine/Lillie made it up for me even though that is clearly an unpopular opinion.

Kurolegacy

Reaction score
I'm sure Victor and Gloria will help Ash and Goh during the arc.
Sad thing is, with Ash not being the insert for Victor this time around (sans in the Darkest Day plot) and Gloria not being a companion, either would have made a great rival for Ash.

JinksChow

Reaction score
New episodes title:
41: Pikachu's Great Dubbing Operation / Half a Marshtomp - double episode? 16oct
42: Sword & Shield I - Slumbering Forest 23oct
43: Sword & Shield II - Black Night 30oct

Unfortunately, JN041 does not seem to be a double episode.

Rather, it's the return of the dreaded A/B episode format...

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score

Which chances are, its gonna be filler. The last one we had was probably one of the worst episodes I've ever seen.

Kurolegacy

Reaction score

Oh sweet Jesus, who was asking for more of that? The first time was terrible enough.

Johtohfiller

Reaction score
So... Jessie, Wobbuffet and Meowth are listed, but not James. I think this kinda confirms James's VA Shin'ichiro Miki also voiced either Cinderace or Lucario and its obvious they would get chosen over James here, although there is a possibility Galarfetch'd evolves into Sirfetch'd (Miki also voices Galarfetch'd, so maybe he is also gonna voice Sirfetch'd).

I suddenly want to hear Miki doing human-like screams as Lucario.

To be honest, how much you like the Nebby/Aether Arc or not depends on how much more liberal you are on overlooking Technical Writing Faults. Personally I feel like the Relationship between Lusamine/Lillie made it up for me even though that is clearly an unpopular opinion.

My biggest complaint was Ash and Pikachu upstaging Lillie, Gladion, and Nebby so they could show off a new Z-move.

I wish a filler or two had been Galar episodes building up to this instead.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.