• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Journeys: Sword/Shield Chapter

The giant sized Pokémon are rampaging about!? Satoshi and Gou set off to research the strange phenomenon taking place there in the Galar Region. Once they arrive, our heroes come face to face with the giant, rampaging Pokémon themeselves! In order to save everyone from this danger, Satoshi fights alongside the King Dande while Gou works with the aspiring Pokémon Professor Sonia to try to unravel the mystery behind what's going on. Its turn out the rampage is being caused by an organization scheming behind the scenes to recreate the "Black Night" , a great catastrophe that befell the Galar Region a long, long time ago! Once all the mysteries are solved the revival of this great catastrophe will roar out across the land! Just as it seems as through the entire Galar Region is being thrown in a whirlwind of chaos the two Legendary heroes awaken from their slumber.

The giant sized Pokémon are rampaging about!? Satoshi and Gou set off to research the strange phenomenon taking place there in the Galar Region. Once they arrive, our heroes come face to face with the giant, rampaging Pokémon themeselves! In order to save everyone from this danger, Satoshi fights alongside the King Dande while Gou works with the aspiring Pokémon Professor Sonia to try to unravel the mystery behind what's going on. Its turn out the rampage is being caused by an organization scheming behind the scenes to recreate the "Black Night" , a great catastrophe that befell the Galar Region a long, long time ago! Once all the mysteries are solved the revival of this great catastrophe will roar out across the land! Just as it seems as through the entire Galar Region is being thrown in a whirlwind of chaos the two Legendary heroes awaken from their slumber.

is me or the color of the background color matches each boy Ash wiht zacian and go wiht zamazenta also nice start giving that is how they know the dog on the games

I wonder where is Kojirou and why Miki Shinichiro is not present with Inuko, Megumi and Masafumi Mima ... Even the Wobbuffet V.A is here... It's so strange, why?

Last edited:
I'm sure Victor and Gloria will help Ash and Goh during the arc.

Personally I wouldn't say this feels too early but rather the plot hasn't done enough to justify the build up. Like, if Ash had been competing in the Galar Cup instead of the PWC I reckon we would have met Rose, probably had a few more Eternatus cameos, met the Doggos and gotten more hints behind the backstory of the Legendary Hero already. :unsure:
Not everyone enjoys being drip-fed what we already know from the games, which really don't offer much. You can read the manga for that. Also, the "legendary hero" is just a myth that was spread by a royalty family who didn't want to give credit to the wolves. The backstory is literally as simple as "the wolves saved the day against Eternatus and a bunch of Dynamaxed Pokemon," which is exactly what will happen in this arc.

I think they are getting this out of the way (just like how SM got Aether out of the way except with more build-up) so that they can cover whatever main plot the DLC's have next. I solely blame Corporate for the way they are rushing this.
Honestly, that wouldn't surprise me. Seems likely to me.

Or maybe the writers are getting this arc out of the way because they didn't like what Game Freak did with the games and are doing this as a subtle jab at GF. :wynaut:

I think they are getting this out of the way (just like how SM got Aether out of the way except with more build-up) so that they can cover whatever main plot the DLC's have next. I solely blame Corporate for the way they are rushing this.

I think a bigger issue is the episodic format/world traveling gimmick of the series. They may want to cover more of the DLC too, but I think trying to take a more episodic format from the start limited what buildup they could have had. I think that they could have thrown in some more hints with Chairman Rose at least with this setup, but since they were traveling to different regions in most episodes only to go back to their homebase at the end, I think that made buildup to this plot less of a priority. The Nebby arc didn't really have any buildup either prior to Ash getting Nebby. They had more episodes to work with, but I'm not sure how much that helped. A lot of the changes to Lillie's characterization and her relationship with Lusamine made it harder for the plot to be adapted well even with the extra time in my opinion.

Honestly, that wouldn't surprise me. Seems likely to me.

Or maybe the writers are getting this arc out of the way because they didn't like what Game Freak did with the games and are doing this as a subtle jab at GF. :wynaut:

Considering that this is the first multi-part arc in the series, that's such a needlessly harsh read. I'm sure that it's a joke, but it doesn't make sense to me. Putting the issue with the lack of buildup on hold for a moment, they are doing something more with Galar than they've done with any of the other regions thus far in this series. That doesn't really give off the impression that they hated the games and want to rush through Using this as another excuse to just hate Game Freak rubs me the wrong way too. That isn't to say that they don't warrant any criticism. There are plenty of valid/understandable issues with them, but taking this potentially rushed adaptation of the Sword/Shield storyline as a sign that the writers wanted to make a subtle jab at Game Freak even as a joke just seems a bit much to me. To be fair, I also just find it annoying for virtually any conversation about Sword/Shield to circle back into hating on Game Freak at this point, so that doesn't help matters for me personally.

The Nebby arc didn't really have any buildup either prior to Ash getting Nebby. They had more episodes to work with, but I'm not sure how much that helped. A lot of the changes to Lillie's characterization and her relationship with Lusamine made it harder for the plot to be adapted well even with the extra time in my opinion.
To be honest, how much you like the Nebby/Aether Arc or not depends on how much more liberal you are on overlooking Technical Writing Faults. Personally I feel like the Relationship between Lusamine/Lillie made it up for me even though that is clearly an unpopular opinion.

New episodes title:
41: Pikachu's Great Dubbing Operation / Half a Marshtomp - double episode? 16oct
42: Sword & Shield I - Slumbering Forest 23oct
43: Sword & Shield II - Black Night 30oct

Unfortunately, JN041 does not seem to be a double episode.

Rather, it's the return of the dreaded A/B episode format...

So... Jessie, Wobbuffet and Meowth are listed, but not James. I think this kinda confirms James's VA Shin'ichiro Miki also voiced either Cinderace or Lucario and its obvious they would get chosen over James here, although there is a possibility Galarfetch'd evolves into Sirfetch'd (Miki also voices Galarfetch'd, so maybe he is also gonna voice Sirfetch'd).

I suddenly want to hear Miki doing human-like screams as Lucario.

To be honest, how much you like the Nebby/Aether Arc or not depends on how much more liberal you are on overlooking Technical Writing Faults. Personally I feel like the Relationship between Lusamine/Lillie made it up for me even though that is clearly an unpopular opinion.

My biggest complaint was Ash and Pikachu upstaging Lillie, Gladion, and Nebby so they could show off a new Z-move.

I wish a filler or two had been Galar episodes building up to this instead.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom