• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Journeys: Thoughts So Far

I'm sort of dreading when some of my all time favorite Pokemon show up in journeys because I don't want any of them to be caught by Goh and spend their time as background objects or in the case of legendaries, get the Suicune treatment with an anticlimactic capture and the whole "Goh was nice to it so he gets to keep it" crap.

Eh, I don’t really care if Goh catches any of my favorites, actually. For example, I didn’t have a problem when Sableye appeared under the ownership of some random CotD in XY, so I wouldn’t really care here if Goh caught one and then it just hung out at the lab. At least then it would have a shot at appearing several more times in the future.

I'm sort of dreading when some of my all time favorite Pokemon show up in journeys because I don't want any of them to be caught by Goh and spend their time as background objects or in the case of legendaries, get the Suicune treatment with an anticlimactic capture and the whole "Goh was nice to it so he gets to keep it" crap.
I'm praying on GOD he doesn't captures a Piplup. My baby doesn't deserves to appear for 3 seconds and then get send to the Lab Limbo where we prob won't ever see it again. :cry::cry:

I'm praying on GOD he doesn't captures a Piplup. My baby doesn't deserves to appear for 3 seconds and then get send to the Lab Limbo where we prob won't ever see it again. :cry::cry:
Worst part is that, with it being the most popular of the 3, there’s a pretty good chance that if they have any of them get caught for BDSP advertisement, it’ll be Piplup. Should that happen, pray it either goes to Ash or Koharu.

Worst part is that, with it being the most popular of the 3, there’s a pretty good chance that if they have any of them get caught for BDSP advertisement, it’ll be Piplup. Should that happen, pray it either goes to Ash or Koharu.
I doubt Ash is getting Piplup tbh. He already has 2 and if they were gonna give him, why not in Sinnoh? And they will probably show Piplup by making Dawn return.

I have been holding off on this for a while now, but I just have to speak up

I admit that this show isn’t as bad as I feared it would be in certain aspects and certain things that it did truly did catch my fancy in some way, i.e. Ash obtaining a Dragonite, a ghost type officially and a Lucario respectively. But I count at least three issues with this show that I cannot ignore

A. At this point in his career, Ash should have a resume that should warrant far more respect than he seems to be given and what was the point of this; poor comedy?

B. Again, Ash should be at that point in his career as a Pokémon trainer where very few other trainers, save only for some of those at the top of the heap, should be able to give him that much trouble in a battle. And for that very reason, I find those defeats that he suffered in the TR vacation episode and that introduction episode for Bea to be just too hard to swallow personally. I mean yes, you can say what you want about his opponents’ own skill level, but even so though, after all of the other opponents and adversaries that Ash has battled and defeated over the years, he should have been a much more difficult opponent to deal with

C. Certain episode plots are just too light these days for my tastes. I long for more serious plots and stories and not ones that either tread an already-been-done-before plot or do a story that just wouldn’t make any logical or canonical sense (like that runaway Pikachu episode)

B. Again, Ash should be at that point in his career as a Pokémon trainer where very few other trainers, save only for some of those at the top of the heap, should be able to give him that much trouble in a battle. And for that very reason, I find those defeats that he suffered in the TR vacation episode and that introduction episode for Bea to be just too hard to swallow personally. I mean yes, you can say what you want about his opponents’ own skill level, but even so though, after all of the other opponents and adversaries that Ash has battled and defeated over the years, he should have been a much more difficult opponent to deal with
You do realize that Ash was using a Pokemon he had never used before when he battled Bea. If it was Pikachu, that's different.
I don't see why Ash losing a battle is a problem. His team in this series consists of Pokemon he has never used before. If he had kept his Alola team for this saga, then I would agree.

I doubt Ash is getting Piplup tbh. He already has 2 and if they were gonna give him, why not in Sinnoh? And they will probably show Piplup by making Dawn return.
Because back at that point they had Dawn around who had to receive a starter as the DP player character representative in the cast. Also, who says they can’t do both? They gave May Squirtle for FRLG advertisement but brought back the original trio to finish out the Battle Frontier and they gave Dawn a Cyndaquil for HGSS advertisement but later brought in Ash’s Cyndaquil and evolved it.

Because back at that point they had Dawn around who had to receive a starter as the DP player character representative in the cast. Also, who says they can’t do both? They gave May Squirtle for FRLG advertisement but brought back the original trio to finish out the Battle Frontier and they gave Dawn a Cyndaquil for HGSS advertisement but later brought in Ash’s Cyndaquil and evolved it.
They didn't give Ash another starter.

Well if we're going off of the patterns... Chloe should get the Sinnoh starter since. And maybe Ash will bring back his Torterra so it can get an actual win instead of getting it's *** handed to it every battle.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom