• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon.jp.com B&W and Other Site Updates

These games are shaping up to be extremely impressive additions to the series, which is awesome since initially it wasn't looking too great. Good, but not great.
With all this evidence of a decent story, recurring characters, new battle features and aesthetics, these are looking to be seriously jam-packed. And the thing is, they're most definately still holding back a whole slew of stuff for the inevitable third game. At this point it's like, "damn, what more is there to add?"
...apart from the following pokemon thing. But shhh! ;)

Kinda bummed out over Deathkahn's front still not being revealed though. Every time that acursed thing appears it feels like such a tease!

I dunno, it seems like it might be hard to have the Pokemon following you with all the little 3D effects and the like going on. For instance, I can't imagine it working out that well with the stairway scene really where the character runs up in a spiral.

Glad to see they're not wasting the HGSS sprites though, since it looks like they'll be used in the daycare and possibly other parts of the game.

I dunno, it seems like it might be hard to have the Pokemon following you with all the little 3D effects and the like going on. For instance, I can't imagine it working out that well with the stairway scene really where the character runs up in a spiral.
Well for that kind of stuff, it should work. The sprite would simpyl be out of focus for the climb. It's like seeing other NPC sprites when walking around Hiun City: you can still see them off in the distance, they're just distorted a little.

Perhaps, but what happens when it comes to some of the larger following sprites?

I dunno, I'm not a graphical expert, just seems like it could potentially cause some problems.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but has anybody seen the evolutions that Serebii has just posted on it's news page? They're from 2Chan, where previous information has been leaked and mostly confirmed.

In my opinion, the evolutions look kind of strange; I didn't picture Mijumaru (a sea otter) to become an aquatic unicorn. Tsutarja's final evo looks like it has too many designs on it's body and Pokabu (even though I pictured a tank-like evolution) doesn't feel right to me. Oh well, we'll just have to see if these scans are the real deal or not.

If this isn't the right thread for this, please tell me. I looked around and couldn't find a suitable thread for this information. Thanks.

They're confirmed fake. And this wasn't the right place. You want, "what kind of pokemon do you predict."

Perhaps, but what happens when it comes to some of the larger following sprites?

I dunno, I'm not a graphical expert, just seems like it could potentially cause some problems.

Well, the biggest Pokémon sprites were two tiles wide, so it's still no big deal. Even Wailord fitted inside two tides! Not to mention that this time the human sprites themselves seem to be a bit larger.

Serebii has a penchant for posting anything that's found, including Fakemons. The final evolutions look very suspect, and the middle evos look like good colorings of what we already know (at least for Mijumaru's and Tsutaaja's second stages)

EDIT;; ninja'd

Hey, to be fair, Serebii gave a decent reason to why he posted it.

Looking at that Skeleton...I think it's clearly Zekrom. It has the same four wings. Also, the skull looks like it could come from Zekrom.

They're confirmed fake. And this wasn't the right place. You want, "what kind of pokemon do you predict."
Couldn't that thread be renamed "Unconfirmed Pokémon and Prediction Discussion" ?

It saying the games have a box they come in like HG and SS did. Yay cool nice boxes!!! I really liked that about HG and SS

It saying the games have a box they come in like HG and SS did. Yay cool nice boxes!!! I really liked that about HG and SS

Can you actually read it? HGSS came in big boxes because it included the Pokéwalker... why would BW come in such boxes? I'm sure they explain the reason there...

I was only able to read part of it but it was saying something about the boxes and the way it is displayed with a box and then a standard ds game box coming out of it

Well, it says there's a secret in those packages... But that probably doesn't mean anything.

Last edited:
We've already got the secret. There's a different design for each piece of print art.

Cardboard slipcover: Normal black/white design

DS case box: White/Black hexagon pattern on each opposite color, Fire-tail Reshiram, Electrified-tail Zekrom.

Re: Rumored Pokémon and Prediction Thread

I got to admit that was pretty awesome.

Now if you can withdraw/deposit Pokemon from the C-gear instead of always using the PC, then sounds like the most awesome thing to me (I'm sure they'll be exceptions if possible like in gyms, or the E4 building) but switching out Pokemon while you're out in the wild would be really cool.

It would then make me want Ash to get the C-gear so he can use his reserves more, specifically extra Pokemon he catches in Isshu.

THIS. IS. AWESOME.

No longer will we have to go to Pokemon Centers to trade pokemon. And for that matter, no longer are we forced to switch them out through the PCs (that is a real hassle).

This looks to be something exclusive to the C-Gear, however, which means that most of us would have to play the Makomo sidequest.

As far as we know, it's just trading, not actual boxing capabilities.

Back
Top Bottom