• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Kids WB Crossover Promos

owenpeterson

Reaction score
I was thinking back to when Pokemon was on Kids WB, and I remember that they would often show promos of the show crossing over and interacting with characters from other Kids WB shows aired at the time, such as Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Looney Tunes, Animaniacs, Men in Black, Histeria!, Detention, etc.

One of my personal favorite ones was when they were showing a scene from the Batman TAS episode "Almost Got 'Em" It showed Joker, Killer Croc, Two-Face, Penguin and Poison Ivy playing a Pokemon card game. At one point the Joker said, "4 Pikachu! Looks like I win!", and Killer Croc shouted "My Squirtle beats your Pikachu!" and the villains start arguing with each other until Ash interrupts them and says: "Can a real Poke-Master get in on this game?" At the end of the promo after they promote the show, Ash cheers: "Looks like I win again!" while Poison Ivy just throws her cards down with a scowl on her face.

I guess that this proves that Ash CAN be quite cunning. Now if only they would allow him to bring that trait to the actual show. But that's another thing altogether.

I wonder if Cartoon Network has done promos like these. What other Pokemon Kids WB crossover promos do you remember?

I remember one promo where various characters from other shows were choosing their favorite Pokémon. (This was WB, right?)

Virgil (Static Shock): I choose Raichu!
Jackie Chan: Hitmonchan!
Wolverine: I pick Wigglytuff.
*Professor Xavier gives him a weird look*
Wolverine: Got a problem with that?

I love that "built-in weaponry" is the only reason Bulbasaur got a job at the M.I.B. in this one. And also...

Well, in Batman's defense, Ash once personally took on a Krabby.

HE JUST SHOT A GOLBAT??? I mean yeah the entire line is annoying but gun violence isn't the answer

There's another one I remember:

There's mayhem at a hospital and Nurse Joy is saying that "it's" spreading. Various Kids WB characters are being wheeled in and are thinking they're Pokemon, Batman Beyond is saying "Squirtle, Squirtle,"Dot Warner from Animaniacs is painted green with pokeballs pasted all over herself and shouting "Bulbasaur". Batman is sneezing "Pika-CHU". Nurse Joy says that it's unstoppable. Agent K from Men In Black coughs and says "Koffing." Daffy Duck is being wheeled in shouting "Come on, Doctor. EVOLVE ME!" He's wheeled to the operating table and Ash summons Pikachu to shock Daffy. After the show promotion, The Pokemon characters look puzzled while Daffy says with his beak Photoshopped on a Psyduck body: "Why couldn't you evolve me into a Charizard? NO! It had to be a Psyduck!"

This promo of course relates to "Pokemon Fever". Which I think is what describes the huge Pokemon phenomenon going on at the time.

I remember one promo where various characters from other shows were choosing their favorite Pokémon. (This was WB, right?)

Virgil (Static Shock): I choose Raichu!
Jackie Chan: Hitmonchan!
Wolverine: I pick Wigglytuff.
*Professor Xavier gives him a weird look*
Wolverine: Got a problem with that?

I remember that one too!! Been trying SO hard to find the video clip of that promo!! And yes, it was WB :)

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom