• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Leaf Green

Ashfan00

Reaction score
Since this is the closest game to pokemon yellow for Nintendo DS i was just wondering, Since he starts with Pikachu in Yellow i not sure which pokemon to start with because in the show he is able to get all three so i am trying to think i was going to pick one and then go to the forest and capture Pikachu and Caterpie and Pidgey(evolve him) and then sue those 3 until i can use the one starter i picked to kind of keep it realistic but was just wondering not sure which one to go with at the beginning...

Nintendo DS? LeafGreen is for the Game Boy Advance. In any case, the game is NOT related to the anime. You are not playing as Ash Ketchum. You are playing as Red, a trainer who looks a lot like Ash, but they are not the same.

yah i thought i would play the Leaf Green in my Nintendo DS

Oh, I see. But anyways, like I said, the game and the anime are different. Even Yellow Version isn't a replica of the anime. It just had a lot more references from it.

Choose Charmander. Because Charmander pwns. Also, you can get Charizard! Who pwns more!

Charmander is probably the worst starter to use in-game, since most of the gyms have an advantage against him.

Use Squirtle..Blastoise is so awesome

Weakness-Electric and Grass

TWO WORDS EARTHQUAKE AND ICE BEAM

Charmander is probably the worst starter to use in-game, since most of the gyms have an advantage against him.

I always found that it was the most challenging to start with, but I find Charizard to be the best when it comes to the E4 stange.

Yes, but he has the biggest pay-off. Charizard learns Flamethrower, a move that is one of the most devestating in the game.

I was reading threw the manual and it talked about the double battles.. Just wondering what parts in the game are the double battles in?

I don't remember, but there are a few double battles through the game.

I think there's one on Route 8, another on Route 15, and quite a few in the Sevii Islands.

I was reading threw the manual and it talked about the double battles.. Just wondering what parts in the game are the double battles in?

Just keep an eye out for twins, which are two little girls standing next to each other, and young couples, which is a boy and girl standing side-by-side. Those are the only ones I've come across so far.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom