• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon League Swap Puzzle (for the true pokemon fans)...

How do you go at the puzzle???

• it was easy =P

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • it took me a coupple of goes

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • my head is about to explode

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • RAGE QUIT!!!

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Master Draya

I Dont Suck, It's Rigged
Reaction score
I only just discovered it and couldnt find a thread for it so here it is
if you dont know what the pokemon league swap is the link for it is below (true die-hard pokemon fans only)

The Pokémon League Swap Meet | Altered Origin

ok this is basicly a brian teaser that if you dont know how it works it will make your head explode...
i think i did at least a coupple of hours trying to solve it (even started trying to hack the answer on the net... which failed) before the lightbulb in my head went of and i had a bit of a face palm moment

how did you go at it???

(if you know it, dont post the answer as it will ruin it for everyone else)

Last edited:
I require hint please. My brain finds absolutely no connection between what the heck they are trading...

Took me about fifteen to twenty minutes trying different angles, but I got it. It's a good puzzle.

For those of you that really need a hint:
Pay attention to the discussion between the Psychics about the value of Ghastly. That's how I figured it out. After that, Bulbapedia is your best friend.

FFFF, Now I've tried solving this too much and I'm too stubborn to rage quit -_-
I think this has something to do with the generations or the order of the leaders/E4?
I need another hint :c

"Jasmine wants a Sandslash and she knows that Brawly is offering one, but rather than talk to Brawly directly she approaches Lyra, asks for a favor and then gives Lyra an Abra and a Machoke in exchange for an Ivysaur. Following Jasmine's directions, Lyra trades the Abra and the Machoke for Brawly's Sandslash, then trades the Sandslash to Jasmine for a Caterpie and a Metapod"

But wait, if Jasmine already had a Caterpie and a Metapod (same value as Sandslash), why not just trade them with Brawly right away instead of involving Lyra????
Unless she just totally ripped Lyra off....?

@GatoRage: I think that it's more of a personality thing. Remember that (in the games, at least) Jasmine is very reserved, and may be nervous about approaching somebody with a dominant personality. It's irrelevant - ignore it. It just gives you more examples to work off of.

@Alex800:
It has a little bit to do with the regions that the characters primarily appear in, but you haven't hit the main solution yet. Keep digging - think of different ways that Pokémon can be sorted to determine value.

No more hints from me!

I got the right answer, but only after raging at my computer for a while and typing in random Pokemon names. I'm still not entirely sure how it works.

With a mustache. OF FRUSTRATION!

I have absolutely no idea. o_o

All I can make it out is apparently people trade 2 for 1.

come on guys... dont give up

Look at type, reigon and a coupple of other patturns

agreed that the gastly convo is a good point to start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom