• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

Finally. Expecting a teaser for the story and Arceus and some introduction to basic gameplay elements like how capturing and battling Pokémon will work. Should be interesting.

Hopefully graphical improvements ;)
Well... :sneaky:

Jokes, aside, I actually see this being something that will happen. Not necessarily a stylistic overhaul or anything, but at least something that shows graphical improvements (and something that makes that frame-rate issue in the teaser significantly less disappointing lol).

Last edited:
afb.gif

Oh my gosh finally! I hope we get something substantial for Legends Arceus here. I don't want to expect much, especially since the game is still 5 months away. Honestly though, at this point, I would be happy with almost any amount of news.

I wonder what we'll see here. I don't think we'll see too many hints at the story quite yet, though maybe a few more characters. At least I'm hoping we'll see some more characters. I think if the game has any other goals for us, we'll at least see a hint of them here.

Last edited:
Are you referring to the teleporting Chingling? If that's the case, it's not a framerate issue, but rather a broken animation.
Oh no, I meant the almost slowed-down nature of some of the movements (camera angles and "Dawn' moving around in the grass. Perhaps frame-rate isn't the best term to use here but the occasional lag was something that I noticed from the first teaser. However, I expect some changes to happen anyway because it was early game footage.

I honestly didn't even notice the Chingling teleportation tbh :unsure: .

Last edited:
So what do you expect to see on LA on Wednesday? @Kallyle posted a template in the BDSP thread where you divide your list into expectations (things you think need to be revealed at this time), realistic hopes (things you want to see that have a reasonable chance of showing up), and unrealistic hopes (things you want to see that most likely will not be shown), I'm going to copy it for this thread. Here's mine:

Expectations:
  • How will capturing and battling be different in this game? We've seen that you can throw a Poke Ball from the overworld, but is there anything else? Will capturing work more like the main games or Go/LG? Is battling traditional turn based style or will we sure more real time battle mechanics?
  • How big will the Sinnoh Dex be in this game? Will we see Pokemon that aren't in the Sinnoh Dex in DPPt or BDSP (Spheal was featured in the reveal trailer, can we really catch one in the main game)? Will there be 5th-8th gen Pokemon in (besides the already confirmed starters)?
Realistic Hopes:
  • What's going on in those leaked screenshots? Are we really getting Poke Ride-esque field abilities? Are there stronger boss Pokemon of some sorts?
  • What is that "certain town" that serves as the game's hub? What can we do there?
Unrealistic Hopes:
  • Are there any sidequests in the game? What else is there to do besides exploring and catching Pokemon?

Expectations:
  • Introduction of major NPCs.
  • A detailed breakdown of the game mechanics.
Realistic Hopes:
  • An updated look on the first town and first route.
  • More pokemon you can find in the game. I'd guess around 10 more to be revealed.
Unrealistic Hopes:
  • Connection between SWSH/Home/BDSP.
  • Addressing Sinnoh myths from the Canalave library and other major DPPt lore and their potential relevance to Legends.

Expectations: A Pokemon direct.

Realistic hopes: A mildly informative, slightly vague Pokemon direct that answers a few of our questions.

Unrealistic hopes: A very informative Pokemon direct that answers most if not all of our questions in a satisfying manner.

Expectations:
-a short trailer of BDSP showing off some slight visual improvements, confirmation that gen 5-8 pokemon will show up in sinnoh (because of the "you'll find pokemon you didn't encounter in the original sinnoh" line in the press release)
-a deep dive into what exactly Legends' gameplay loop is going to be. Maybe an NPC or two.

Realistic Hopes
-the direct shows off how Legends isn't just going to be a game about running around in an empty open world catching and fighting pokemon
-1 to 2 exciting tidbits the fanbase didn't see coming

Unrealistic hopes:
-confirmation of new forms for old pokemon in legends
-BDSP having some exciting new stuff despite it being "faithful"
-there's extremely little for people to complain about after the direct

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom